Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool et Celtic

Comments

• Options
    Imagine singing anti-British songs and then realising what you are when you whip out your passport.
  • Options
    I just hope it's not heading towards an Irish/catholic leanings as the English leagues should remain secular on religion and politics. But then again, Waltzing Matilda and Australia Fair might be frequently whistled in the not too distant future :confused:
  • Options

Imagine singing anti-British songs and then realising what you are when you whip out your passport.

It's not that unusual. They're stuck in a country they don't won't to be in, like half of Europe in the 19th century.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

TelMc32 said:

All clubs adapt songs. Forest sing their version of Mull of Kintyre, despite ours being the undisputed best version there is, according to Paul McCartney*

As for Liverpool, they had a good few Irish players over the years when they were winning titles. No doubt that’s why a load of fans were picked up from the Republic, who either don’t know or don’t care about any religious bias.

*I may have made that bit up :wink:

And Liverpool's greatest player is Kenny Dalglish which probably has bound Liverpool and Celtic fans as well
    King Kenny isn't a left footer either.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited April 2018

TelMc32 said:

All clubs adapt songs. Forest sing their version of Mull of Kintyre, despite ours being the undisputed best version there is, according to Paul McCartney*

As for Liverpool, they had a good few Irish players over the years when they were winning titles. No doubt that’s why a load of fans were picked up from the Republic, who either don’t know or don’t care about any religious bias.

And Liverpool's greatest player is Kenny Dalglish which probably has bound Liverpool and Celtic fans as well
    Nope, rangers fan as a kid, legend has it he Took his rangers posters down from his bedroom wall when the septic scout came to talk to his parents, dalglish also did some scouting for Rangers years ago
  • Options

TelMc32 said:

Neither was Danny Mcgrain
  • Options
    Uboat said:

It's not that unusual. They're stuck in a country they don't won't to be in, like half of Europe in the 19th century.
    I can help them get out...

www.poferries.com/quote
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game though... Pity it wasn't more....
  • Options

Remember the chap who scored two free kicks for Scotland against England at Hampden?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I liked it when Nir Bitton scored and they started waving Palestine flags.
  • Options

Remember the chap who scored two free kicks for Scotland against England at Hampden?
    just another Hibbee youth scumbag, has been caught singing "Rudi Skacel is a fucking refugee" more than once. guy is a fanny.
    Anyone going to put up footage of the scum Rangers fans running riot in Manchester a few years ago attacking any policemen who were separated from their colleagues like a pack of wild dogs?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    rangers and celtic both have there share of delinquents that attach to each club that follow them, unfortunately the core supporters of each club have some views that piss a lot off, celtic - v political and left wing and anti-british and rangers the constant berating of catholics, as my grandparents were rc, who were not part of the ira i can assure you :smile:

there is also a saying that a lot use for celtic and liverpool

offended by everything - ashamed of nothing
  • Options
    Don't get how anyone who identifies as British/English can have any form of affiliation to Celtic. Booing on Remembrance Sunday and burning poppies is, to me, completely unacceptable. Even if it is a minority.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Don't get how anyone who identifies as British/English can have any form of affiliation to Celtic. Booing on Remembrance Sunday and burning poppies is, to me, completely unacceptable. Even if it is a minority.

i completely get you and am with you but equally singing were up to our necks in fenian blood isnt exactly charming is it, if the word fenian was exchanged for any other word then the club would probably be all over the papers and many would be calling for them to be put out of existence.
  • Options

What’s stopping you?

I am trying to exercise restraint and it has nothing to do with the point of the thread. The thread was originally about songs shared by Celtic and Liverpool. It has turned into the usual anti Celtic, anti Scottish, anti Irish hypocritical nonsense from the usual suspects. I thought there was an unwritten rule that we keep the Celtic Rangers crap off this forum.
  • Options

Croydon said:

i completely get you and am with you but equally singing were up to our necks in fenian blood isnt exactly charming is it, if the word fenian was exchanged for any other word then the club would probably be all over the papers and many would be calling for them to be put out of existence.
    I'm not saying we should all support Rangers either - my Scottish team is Hearts.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

I'm not saying we should all support Rangers either - my Scottish team is Hearts.
    up the jambos
  • Options

What’s stopping you?

I am trying to exercise restraint and it has nothing to do with the point of the thread. The thread was originally about songs shared by Celtic and Liverpool. It has turned into the usual anti Celtic, anti Scottish, anti Irish hypocritical nonsense from the usual suspects. I thought there was an unwritten rule that we keep the Celtic Rangers crap off this forum.
    Exercise restraint by asking for footage of Rangers fans being bellends to be put up? Seems legit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What’s stopping you?

Exercise restraint by asking for footage of Rangers fans being bellends to be put up? Seems legit.
    It was obviously a point about balance, not a request for the footage, but I'm sure you knew that.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

What’s stopping you?

Are you really so dense you are not able to recognise an obvious rhetorical question?
  • Options

What’s stopping you?

Are you really so dense you are not able to recognise an obvious rhetorical question?
    You getting angry again petal?
  • Options
    edited April 2018

just another Hibbee youth scumbag, has been caught singing "Rudi Skacel is a fucking refugee" more than once. guy is a fanny.
    Anyone going to put up footage of the scum Rangers fans running riot in Manchester a few years ago attacking any policemen who were separated from their colleagues like a pack of wild dogs?
    I was in Manchester for that game. :smiley:

Tried to give an eye witness account at the time on here but very few were interested.
  • Options
    I lived in Scotland for 6 years in the 80's. I saw lots of idiotic behaviour by both sets of fans. The one thing the Scottish media did was not to glamorise their actions. They were naughty every week. Funny they always published English hooliganism though.
  • Options

I mean no team in blue can be supported , that's millsmall colours ffs

i used to like rangers when gazza, butcher , walters and co were up there

scottish irish, scottish brits paaaah weirdos

scottish football is pretty junk but that fixture is a proper watch for the atmosphere and mad passion in the game , just a shame it's so one sided now

I disagree with that last bit : - )
  • Options
    Well at least my team Berwick Rangers live to fight another season at the foot of Scottish Division Two.

Cowdenbeath might not though.
  • Options
    Forza Albion Rovers
  • Options
    Allez Whitehill Welfare!