Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post match views: AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton

Comments

• Options
    Wimbledon are turning into our new Millwall! Doesn’t matter where we are in the table, how well we’re playing, or how shite they are...Charlton don’t turn up & blow it!

Fingers crossed that we sort ourselves out from Saturday on. Definitely not out of the reckoning, but need so much more than this.
  • Options
    Watched this on my tablet in a Spanish bar where they were showing the Liverpool and Roma matches.
    Absolutely awful night, although the other two matches went the way I wanted.

Two much faffing about passing the ball backwards, and between the back four - which cost us the match in the end.
    On a shit pitch just smash it forwards from defence. I don’t care if it’s uncultured, you have to adapt to the conditions.

They look like they need a few days off.
  • Options

Ridiculous scenes here. 2 weeks ago we were nowhere. We thrash three teams, conceeding only 1 goal.

We lose 1 game and you guessed it, a bunch of adults who haven't discovered fire, yet can operate a computer declare that the playoffs are gone. This is their conclusion despite the fact we're actually in the playoffs and are about to play all the teams around us.

Fickle football fans, god's gift to forums.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

RedMist said:

Brother in law is Argyle, just told him the result...he grinned.
    Bastard.

Does he live in a 100k 3 bed
    200k.
    Keep up ;)
  • Options
    Still in our own hands, which is the only positive.

Sounds like Kaikai was shit, again.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
  • Options
    It's still in our hands. Hopefully we can get Fosu back on the pitch as soon as possible.
  • Options

Lots of criticism for Mav, Zyro and Kaikai. Any coincidence that they are all loanees?

How many Wimbledon players are on loan?

I'd say not. They're just not very good, that's all.
  • Options
    Said in pre-match thread we should have matched them 3-5-2. Accident waiting to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:

According to some on here Kaikai is the next Messi !
  • Options

vff said:

Disappointing result made worse, by conceeding a goal from a defensive mistake. Two unnecessary goals conceeded in 4 days. Johnnie Jackson has some work to do this week on the training pitch.

Millwall won as well ffs & are in the top 6. Wimbledon appear to be a jinx team. Not sure Lee Bowyer got his subs right. No shots on target is disappointing. Charlton missing Fosu big time.

On a positive note Charlton are still top 6 & its not over. Its still in Charlton’s hands but clearly not if there are any more performances like tonight. A positive result against Scunthorpe a must.

Yes it was a defensive mistake, but what made me more angry than the mistake was there was actually no need to play it back and create the opportunity to make the mistake.
    Page had a chance to put the ball into box just outside their penalty area, but chose to pass it back, eventually to Pearce, then to Bauer and we fucking give them a goal ..."there you , we are attacking, but have your self a goal" - its funny coz i said when Page had the ball...-"this will go back to the goalie", but little did i think he would be picking it out of the fucking net.
    I think this sort of play is the ghost of Robbo which has to be removed from the side next season.
  • Options

Croydon said:

According to some on here Kaikai is the next Messi !
    Only if you’re taking about a messy number 2.
  • Options
    Seems Bowyer made a couple of bad decisions tonight, dropping Ajose and playing Kaikai, but it’s hardly surprising. He’s a rookie Manager so he’s going to make mistakes. The trick is learning from them. I’ve seen enough of Kaikai to say I don’t even want to see him on the bench again. We are not out of the play offs yet but we have made it even more difficult for ourselves than it already was. We need to win at least three games and draw another and then pray. Defeat to Pompey isn’t an option. A win Saturday is a must. Time for management and players to roll up their sleeves and fight.
  • Options
    Fosu is our only chance. He can make something happen and puts fear into defenders. KaiKai is just emporers new clothes - why can't managers see that?
  • Options
    When all players in creative positions are having a bad game, you know you've got a tactical problem.
  • Options

Reading the first page of this thread is comical. So much overreaction when we win and the same when we lose.

There are some absolute melons on here after a match.

Chill, it was a bad result but it’s really not the end of the world.

We go again.

The reason why people are so pissed off is the lack of character - we always bottle it in local derbies. If it doesn't bother you that's fine....

• Sponsored links:

• Options

When all players in creative positions are having a bad game, you know you've got a tactical problem.

Boom. Tic-tacs tic-tacs tic-tacs. My 2nd favourite cliché.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    But it isn't as if we haven't seen this toothlessness before! The problem was they were physically stronger so we couldn't match them in a battle. And we didn't have sufficient attacking ability out there - unfortunately Fosu is our key player - to make anything happen. Stupid bringing Reeves off, he wasn't getting loads of joy but was beavering away - JFC would have been a better substitution although I would have swapped KaiKai for Magennis, if Mav was injured, put Ajose on for him and then swapped Marshall for Konsa or Bauer.
  • Options
    Don't do a thing in the attacking half, we looked pedestrian from the first minute to the last. The goal said everything about the way we approached tonight.
    We did not have a shit of goal against a team struggling to stay up, we did not apply pressure to a team looking to stay up. Side lost all motivation, was the worst performance I have seen this season
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Only got to watch a couple of mins early in the second half but unless my eyes deceived me, Zyro did one of the worst bottle job pull out of a tackle that I’ve ever seen.

Did anyone else see that?

Yeah. They roughed our lot up and we didn’t like it.
    But as others have said, home game Next is ideal. Win them all and we’re play offs. I’d question if we’re good enough but hey ho
    Two final thoughts...
    We can’t play like this at Pompey
    We badly miss Fosu
  • Options
    Every second touch was a tackle. :(
  • Options

Don't do a thing in the attacking half, we looked pedestrian from the first minute to the last. The goal said everything about the way we approached tonight.
    We did not have a shit of goal against a team struggling to stay up, we did not apply pressure to a team looking to stay up. Side lost all motivation, was the worst performance I have seen this season

I have seen some poor ones, but this was the worst performance I have seen from us too.
  • Options

Seems Bowyer made a couple of bad decisions tonight, dropping Ajose and playing Kaikai, but it’s hardly surprising. He’s a rookie Manager so he’s going to make mistakes. The trick is learning from them. I’ve seen enough of Kaikai to say I don’t even want to see him on the bench again. We are not out of the play offs yet but we have made it even more difficult for ourselves than it already was. We need to win at least three games and draw another and then pray. Defeat to Pompey isn’t an option. A win Saturday is a must. Time for management and players to roll up their sleeves and fight.

Fuck me, "Defeat to Pompey isnt an option" - you gotta be joking, i'd be surprised if we keep it down to 3 goals after tonight, 2 of them will probably be own goals.
    We have got less than zero chance v Pompey if we play anywhere remotely like that. The major problem being that we seem incapable of playing any differently than that.
  • Options
    Lucky not to concede after the first couple of minutes but slowly got into it. Too much passing at the back when a ball down the channels especially with two up would have been better. Then low and behold right on half time we gift them a goal.

2nd half was case of who wanted it more and it was no one in a red shirt.

The season is not over but we need to show more fight and belief if they want to get that play off spot. Tonight was not good enough.
  • Options

Fuck me, "Defeat to Pompey isnt an option" - you gotta be joking, i'd be surprised if we keep it down to 3 goals after tonight, 2 of them will probably be own goals.
    We have got less than zero chance v Pompey if we play anywhere remotely like that. The major problem being that we seem incapable of playing any differently than that.
    except when beating Plymouth, Northampton and Rotherham
  • Options

except when beating Plymouth, Northampton and Rotherham
    And before that?