Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• No individual sales ... pity.
  • Could well be the work of Tony Lord. As well as his sketches and paintings, Tony used to write a regular column in the Mercury.

As far as I know he's still around, - lives near the Royal Standard Blackheath.
  • edited April 2018

Could well be the work of Tony Lord. As well as his sketches and paintings, Tony used to write a regular column in the Mercury.

As far as I know he's still around, - lives near the Royal Standard Blackheath.

Lives in Vanbrugh Park. I know him.
  • The museum would like a catalogue if any one visits, please
  • Tony still writes a weekly column for the Mercury, he mentioned recently he's 92 years old.
  • I was 'playing about' a week or so, inspired by Robbo's visit to the Valley museum, and his addition. Can't decide on this or his match against Giggs......
  • Getting his foot in........
  • Tony still writes a weekly column for the Mercury, he mentioned recently he's 92 years old.

Taught me at school, supply teacher at Charlton Manor.
    He would always tell us story and draw pictures to go with on the Blackboard.

Lovely man, I have a book of his stories and drawings at home all about the local area.

My little fella loves it.

A true gent and talisman of the area.
  • By the way, can't see the sketch on the link.
    I'd know his drawings a mile off.
  • Sponsored links:

• That ain't his I don't think, would love to be wrong as its decent.
  • I have one of his limited editions of the Addicks FA Cup celebration coach going down Floyd Road carrying the team to The Valley.
  • Well done, Henry Irving - enlarged that size you can see the inscription and signature, bottom left: '[...] at the Valley, S R Badmin'.

1906-89, renowned commercial illustrator, worked mainly in watercolour, local roots: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Roy_Badmin
  • Was the C A F C on the gables of the stand a later addition, then?
  • A bit more info gleaned from a Chris Beetles Gallery catalogue: In March 1953, S R Badmin submitted 'Here They Come! The Valley' to Football and the Fine Arts, a competition for painters, sculptors and other artists, which was part of the 90th anniversary celebrations of The Football Association. Badmin received a prize of £25.
  • Can anyone make out who we are playing?

It say Addicks v ????? In the bottom left hand corner

Addicks v ?ame?? at the valley
  • Sponsored links:

Just spoke to Chris Beetles Gallery, who I know through my media sales work, and was told the oppo was Arsenal.

That would explain the changed kit.

We played them at the Valley that season on 24th January which fits in with the dates regarding the picture.
    Thanks, @mistrollingin

Can you ask them if the Valley pic features in the catalogue as if so the museum would like a copy.

We'll pay but if they would like to donate a copy to a registered charity.....
  • Was the C A F C on the gables of the stand a later addition, then?

Yes, but don't know when they appeared
  • edited April 2018
    Sasha at the Chris Beetles Gallery is sending the museum some catalogues as they do feature the painting of the Valley.

Now we just need some Nicholas Sack photographs of the Valley.

Did our main stand roof slope forward? or is it dodgy perspective.
  • Dodgy perspective.
  • A little bit of a slope towards the front.

Can't see any gaps in the crowd. That's a novel idea.

Can't see any gaps in the crowd. That's a novel idea.
    They gave Arsenal the South and East
  • edited August 2018
    Not sure why there was a delay but the catalogue turned up today