Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Help needed for this young lad.

Comments

• Options
    Can always rely on Charlton life. Will donate a score when I get paid Monday
  • Options
    Done and shared
  • Options
    Thanks folks, £300 away from paying for the chair. Unbelievable, thank you so much. Trying to do the twitter thing..... #TJ
  • Options
    Done mate
  • Options
    edited April 2018

Done mate

Thanks D.......
    I will confirm Melissa will now be crying happy tears. :)
  • Options
    Good luck hope my little £25 will help
  • Options
    The response to this request for help for TJ has reinforced my believe in human kindness, with what has been going on in this world i must admit it had faltered, £1,122 raised.
  • Options
    Donated 25 pounds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like a lovely lad. Just donated £25
  • Options
    Just catching up and have added to the fund. Well done Ray & all.
  • Options
    Donated. Well done to all concerned. It didn't take long.
  • Options
    Donated my winnings. If Fowler wins the golf will stick another £90 in. Good luck.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Wow, just wow. When I offered to help Melissa it was never my intention to try and raise the cash it was purely to pull on this pool of knowledge that is Charltonlife to see if someone, somewhere knew if this equipment could be sourced cheaper. Once again Charltonlife comes to someone's aid and this lad and his young family are to benefit from your kindness. Thank you so very much.
    Ray
    https://www.gofundme.com/tj-wheelchair-amp-bed

Just caught up with this again this morning and have donated.

Ray, what a brilliant thing you have done to get some help for this family. You should be proud of yourself.
  • Options
    Meltjxx said:

Hi all I'm Mel Tj mum. I am totally blown away by everyone's generosity especially as you don't know myself or Tj. Words really won't cover how I am feeling right now. PLEASE EXCEPT OUR BIGGEST THANKS AND ALSO TO RAY WHO STARTED THIS ALL OFF. HE IS A TRUE FRIEND AND GENTLEMEN.

A MILLION THANK YOU'S FROM MYSELF AND TJ XX

Hope all works out for you and Tj X
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Small contribution, but good luck reaching another well deserving target.
  • Options
    masicat said:

T_C_E said:

Hi again, I haven't spoken to Melissa face to face but I know she is overwhelmed with all this. She's been invited onto the local radio station to talk about the whole situation and has asked me to accompany her along with Bailey. Originally I met Mel when she came to me with her German Shepherd, explaining that with TJ and two other young children she wanted to get the training right. Never have I met someone as determined as she is, taking on a Shep at the best of times is hard work but alone and with 3 children and her daughter Billi had big dog fears when we first met so as well as training her puppy we worked with Billi and her fears. Melissa absolutely adores Bailey and watching him work with Billi had to been seen and Billi is now fine around the larger breeds. I know there are still people working behind the scenes to help Melissa in various ways, but no matter where this goes, around 1200 quid was raised in 24 hours to help Melissa and her family and I know how thankful she is. Maybe next season, when all this nonsense is sorted out I'll invite Melissa and her family up to The Valley to a home game to say thank you and have a photo or two with his shiny new wheels.
    Thank you again
    Ray

Ray. I have spoken to a charity today called 52Lives. They would consider helping and have asked me to nominate Melissa. Can you have a look at the charity and see if you feel it would be useful. If so, I will need various details to nominate. My email is les@rapidity.com.
    Let me know.
    I have messaged Mel with your details, I have to go out so just to speed it up I passed your details to her directly. Thanks
    Ray
  • Options
    I’ll donate when back in front of a computer screen.
  • Options
    Done and shared
  • Options
    done.
  • Options
    Donated and shared, good luck :-)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

iaitch said:

TCE, do you know the model name of the chair?

I can see ction Junior on his one.

Googled that and got a few hits including Invercare Action 3 Junior for 3 to 15 year old which looks similar, prices about £650 including vat.

Wow, thanks guys.
    You really are special people, I know she is trying to raise funds any way she possible can so I'm sure your donations will be appreciated. Could you link me that page @iaitch that would great.
    Thank you all again.
    Ray
    Ray

Here's the link I found

https://www.mobilitysmart.cc/invacare-action-3-junior-wheelchair-small-large-transit.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqzWBRC_ARIsABSMVTOSHQO6S49AUDC71upcvCwjeW6t-hvLGP82fQrW177Gq2ZGbv_ukdoaAoVZEALw_wcB

Sorry it's late but I couldn't find this thread the other day and have been away for the weekend.

Sounds like things are going well.

Just got to do my contribution now.

Well done.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

T_C_E said:

iaitch said:

TCE, do you know the model name of the chair?

I can see ction Junior on his one.

Googled that and got a few hits including Invercare Action 3 Junior for 3 to 15 year old which looks similar, prices about £650 including vat.

Wow, thanks guys.
    You really are special people, I know she is trying to raise funds any way she possible can so I'm sure your donations will be appreciated. Could you link me that page @iaitch that would great.
    Thank you all again.
    Ray
    Ray

Here's the link I found

https://www.mobilitysmart.cc/invacare-action-3-junior-wheelchair-small-large-transit.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwnqzWBRC_ARIsABSMVTOSHQO6S49AUDC71upcvCwjeW6t-hvLGP82fQrW177Gq2ZGbv_ukdoaAoVZEALw_wcB

Sorry it's late but I couldn't find this thread the other day and have been away for the weekend.

Sounds like things are going well.

Just got to do my contribution now.

Well done.
    All passed on to Mel, thanks.