Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rotherham | Easter Monday | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options

Is Richard Wood still going? Thought he was old when he was with us. Or did I have that wrong? Was a solid no thrills player. Decent as a back up.

3-0 charlton. The run continues and we keep the Bowyer clean sheet.

Reeves, Ajose and Magennis.

Just looked it up, he's only 32!! Thought he was about that when he was with us!
  • Options

Is Richard Wood still going? Thought he was old when he was with us. Or did I have that wrong? Was a solid no thrills player. Decent as a back up.

3-0 charlton. The run continues and we keep the Bowyer clean sheet.

Reeves, Ajose and Magennis.

Just looked it up, he's only 32!! Thought he was about that when he was with us!
    Legs will have gone.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Dazzler21 said:

@LouisMend unless you and News Shopper's obstructive and interruptive ads are stopped, it will continue to occur. I hate to admit it but I fully support it when it saves being bombarded with irrelevant ads on a poorly structured website.

SLP website doesn’t have pop up adverts in my experience. Just stuff at the top and bottom. Not obstructive at all.

Won’t be a problem of course if the content keeps getting posted elsewhere, we won’t be required to write it after a while
    Not sure what rag it is (SLP I think) has a great big ad at the top advertising Millwall season tickets. Really rankles with me that as soon as I click onto it I get a massive pic of a Lion & Millwall players celebrating. Take that off any Charlton related stuff then I'd say fair do's, otherwise its fair game.
  • Options
    Now that I've got that off my chest, onto tomorrow........

I would usually say that it would be a tight game & would take a 1-1

However, seeing the way we've been playing recently & the enthusiasm that Bowyer has garnered from both the players & the fans I can only see I result.

Home win (no idea of the score, but 2-0 seem likely) & the spirit of 1998 continues.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The SLP is a good website actually, no intrusive adverts. The NS shopper isn't that bad when it comes to the adverts, not when compared to many of the other regional papers elsewhere which are a lot worse especially the ones with videos that start when you're not interested...
  • Options
    I think the physical condition of the players may be a factor in who plays tomorrow, especially with such a packed squad where just getting on the bench will be competitive.

Can the likes of Page, Zyro, Ajose and indeed Djiksteel cope with another game 3 days afterwards? Are Mavididi and Dasilva fit enough to start?
  • Options
    6 points from the last six possible means if you offered me a draw now I would take it. A win would be fantastic but a draw keeps the momentum going and with games against easier opponents to capitalise on in the coming weeks.
  • Options
    I wouldn't take a draw - we have to win a fair number of games to achieve the objective and on paper this is one of the more winnable ones. Forget where Rotherham are, their current form is poor, they are missing a couple of their better players and we have beaten them comfortably at their place.

Playing as we were pre-Bowyer, we would probably have got a draw but I can't see anything but a win here.
  • Options

I wouldn't take a draw - we have to win a fair number of games to achieve the objective and on paper this is one of the more winnable ones. Forget where Rotherham are, their current form is poor, they are missing a couple of their better players and we have beaten them comfortably at their place.

Playing as we were pre-Bowyer, we would probably have got a draw but I can't see anything but a win here.

This. We should be going out to get a win each game in turn no matter who the opposition is. The team and players are good enough and Bowyer has taken the brake off.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Dasilva looks to have passed the return to play tests and should be in the squad tomorrow.

Hopefully everyone has recovered well enough going into tomorrow. Same team, add Dasilva on the bench for well, not sure as it’s strong anyway. But same result.

3 points tomorrow, up to 6th.

Will be great to have him back. And it's nice that he can be eased back into things given that Page has played well.

Two games in four days will be tough for the likes of Ajose, Zyro, Page, and Dijksteel who haven't played a lot this season. In a perfect world I'd say name an unchanged side, but as Bowyer mentions recovery will be an important factor here. I expect Konsa to come into the side somewhere due to someone needing a breather. Don't know that Mav is ready to start but his performance on Friday certainly puts pressure on the forwards.

There are some real tough decisions picking this team ahead for whoever is in charge. Really good to have in the run-in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2018
    You test their fitness and if they are ok you play them as none of them deserve to be dropped. There are some good players on the bench and their chance will come. If not fit you can make a change bringing in a strong player which is nice for a change.

Also, no different from a Saturday -Tuesday and I doubt Northampton took as much out of them as a tighter match would have.
  • Options
    Same team "If it ain't broke...."
  • Options
    Portsmouth playing Wigan and Scunthorpe v Plymouth so hopefully should reduce the gap and/or pull away.
  • Options
    Simply got to win. More of the same please. Nine points from nine with the way we are playing will have the rest of the play off contenders worrying about us and keep up the momentum. Think we will. Looking forward to this.
  • Options
    3 to their 0, the roll continues
  • Options
    Rotherham will come for a point, we will need to break them down. As long as we don't get a red card we are capable of keeping this run going.
    3-1
  • Options
    For the first time in a couple of seasons I'm actually going to a game expecting to win rather than hoping for a win.
    Well done Lee Bowyer long may it last.
  • Options
    Any radio commentary?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    5-1
    Edit: Tommy predicted 3-1. I owe him a Euro.
  • Options

LouisMend said:

Dazzler21 said:

@LouisMend unless you and News Shopper's obstructive and interruptive ads are stopped, it will continue to occur. I hate to admit it but I fully support it when it saves being bombarded with irrelevant ads on a poorly structured website.

SLP website doesn’t have pop up adverts in my experience. Just stuff at the top and bottom. Not obstructive at all.

Won’t be a problem of course if the content keeps getting posted elsewhere, we won’t be required to write it after a while
    Not sure what rag it is (SLP I think) has a great big ad at the top advertising Millwall season tickets. Really rankles with me that as soon as I click onto it I get a massive pic of a Lion & Millwall players celebrating. Take that off any Charlton related stuff then I'd say fair do's, otherwise its fair game.
    targeted ads representing your browsing history. stop googling 'millwall season tickets'. problem solved
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The game where Bowyer shows his mettle.

We go behind to a first half dead ball move but Bowyer changes it around and we will 2 - 1 (JFC and Magennis)

Going behind would be a big test for both Bowyer and the team. They've been on a roll so far and it would be interesting to see how he/they would adapt tactically and whether the new found form and confidence is soundly based.
  • Options
    I don’t subscribe to the ain’t broke stuff.
    You will get worked out after a few games playing the same way. I would expect Bowyer and any other coach in the country would know this. He may well play the same players as Friday but I would think there will be changes to players roles. As long as he doesn’t go one up front and play not to lose for 85 minutes and then fail I’ll be happy.
    2-0 us.
  • Options
    Confident. 2-1
  • Options
    Really not sure with this one. A win would be so huge for us and ease the pressure. But I think we may come unstuck when we least expect it. Rotherham are not a bad team and it will interesting what the team will be like to go a goal down. 1-0 Rotherham but it could go either way.
  • Options
    Keep the faith in the players that have won us the last two matches and we’re in with a shout. Bit of pace in the shape of Stephy and Marky Mark to run a tiring defence .... #COYR First match of the season for me today so don’t let me down
  • Options
    Hmm, as somebody said, when we're all expecting a win, we usually don't.
    I was confident, but now I'm getting apprehensive. Rotherham tend to win or lose away from home.
    Their record is W8 D3 L8. I think they'll switch tactics (their manager said they will) and will come for a point.

I'll go 2-1 to Charlton in a tight game.
  • Options
    What I'm hoping from today is the fact that we keep Michael Smith quiet again.

He's been doing quite well for Rotherham as was technically the guy who replaced Kiefer Moore

Yet when he came to the Valley with Bury we dealt with him quite well
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    You can get worked out unless you have players that are much better than opponents - Fosu and Mav give you keys to unlock any team at this level. Also, confidence is a massive thing and we have it at the moment. Having said that, you need a plan B and I think we have the personel to have a plan B if plan A fails to work.
  • Options
    Logic suggests we will concede.
    My take on that is if we fall behind we mustn't fall apart.
    And whatever else, score more than Rotherham.
    The players who are picked must be in a position to go for it for 95 minutes, don't carry anybody injured or blowing because of the fixture list.
    We must be competitive and not give up.
  • Options
    2 games off already, though neither really affect us

Bradford vs Walsall
    Doncaster vs Wimbledon