Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sitting in other areas of the Valley

edited October 2006 in General Charlton
Just realised i've never sat in Upper West.

I've sat in the East infrequantly over the years, the West for reserve games, the Jimmy Seed for cup games and a few league games (remember Wolves fighting between themselves over Graham Taylor), North Lower when it was the Covered End, and now perminently the North Upper, but never the Upper West.

Comments

• I have sat everywhere except either of the North Quadrants. Don't think I'll be sitting in the family stand for a while though. Might sit in the NW Quadrant for the Bolton Cup Game.
  • i sat there in 1905s seat once.
    actually it was the 1-6 leeds debacle.
  • Everywhere except NE Quadrant or family stand if that is what it is called.
  • "i sat there in 1905s seat once"

Curb_it - you are one lucky chick!
  • I've done the east, the west upper(back row v Exeter in the cup) and west lower as well as the north upper. Also done the Jimmy Seed Stand and the lower north but not since the upper went up. Sat in the NE disabled section (great view) and East stand disabled section but not the corners. Still not done the directors box!
  • everywhere except the two North 'corners'...West Upper is the best view bar none, it's just the funny looks you get when you stand up and show a bit of emotion that become a problem !.
  • Henry, i think the view is very good from all of the quadrant between west and north.

Ps, Human resources lady here at work passed on that hello, hello back doood.
  • [cite] Henry Irving:[/cite]I've done the east, the west upper(back row v Exeter in the cup) and west lower as well as the north upper. Also done the Jimmy Seed Stand and the lower north but not since the upper went up. Sat in the NE disabled section (great view) and East stand disabled section but not the corners. Still not done the directors box!

And there's me thinking that because we've not seen you in the chippie this season you've been on the prawn sarnies:-)
  • Len, No, it's because I've got upto 104 kilos (16.3 lbs) in old money when I should be about 93 kilos (14.8 Lbs). Back to the Swimming. Did 750 metres this morning and working back up to 1500 metres a time plus cutting down on the booze and rubbish food.

O4, I think she was a bit shocked when I asked her to pass on the message. Coming in soon but don't be offended If i don't interview you this time. Got to be professional or at least pretend to be. Maybe we can "do lunch".

Disabled section is great as you can stand up if you are the helper with an unrestricted view. 10 yard walk to own toilet and they bring drinks and snacks trolly to you.
  • I've sat in the North Upper and whatever the area is called between the North Upper and the West Stand.

I've sat in the South Stand once - for the first game back and was a season ticket holder in the Covered End for a couple of years and then in the East stand.

I started off at the Valley either sitting in the old West or standing on the East Terrace.
  • Sponsored links:

• I've never sat in the North East Quadrant and never in the Jimmy Seed.
  • I've sat everywhere if you count the disabled section at the top of the North East for that quadrant!

I was a tad disappointed - got out of hospital for a few hours especially to go to the game (4-2 loss to Tottenham) and was expecting to be pitchside in my wheelchair, but ended-up up in the Gods! You can't see the screen from up there either...grumble grumble.
  • I've still got the same season ticket seat I was allocated in the North Lower (block E) before we returned to the valley...
  • I sat in the Upper West first season back - got moved on

Sat in the East Stand near the JIMMY SEED - funnily enough got moved on

Sat nearer the Covered End still in the east - moved ourselves into the Covered End Lower

Have sat in the Covered End Upper for cup games

Have sat in the JIMMY SEED though but never in the NE/NW quadrants
  • North Upper were I sit this season is the last part of Ground I had not done & I can safely say I will not be moving from there from now on. I have also sat on the press Gantry in the West stand, took three mates with me, it's a bit weird but a good view nevertheless.