Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton (A)

Comments

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Tom_Hovi said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Is the family stand a bit like that nuetral zone at Fulham? Never been to Northampton before, I guess its along one of the sides

I guess so but they’d only sell me a ticket if I had a child. I suppose I could’ve rented one for the day!
    You can tag onto me & mine if you cant get a ticket elsewhere Steve
    Cheers mate, it was actually for Richard @Simonsen I’ll let him know.

• Options
    Redrobo said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Tom_Hovi said:

Simonsen said:

My mate went to The Valley early afternoon today and was told we'd sold out.

I’d strongly suggest this was false mate

Not false. Went there myself and this is what I was told. Family Stand only. Took my phone number as club was asking for more.

Unless this is another example of club staff’s incompetence.
    Fair enough @Tom_Hovi but it doesn’t really add up to me. So are you saying you tried to buy a ticket and was refused?

We had 600 left yesterday. If numbers were dwindling I would have expected them to have put out some notification via the various comms outlets. Have you been advised of anything @Ollywozere ?

Yes, I went into the Club Shop around 2:30 today, asked for a ticket and was told none available. Only Family Stand and as I don’t possess any children was told I couldn’t have one. She took my number as “We’ve asked for more tickets but won’t know until morning if they’re letting us have any.”
    Silly when you think not too many taking young kids away.
    Even sillier when I think I am taking my son and they never mentioned a family stand!
  • Options
    'Arry Addick I will take one of your spares. Please call me to arrange or let me know if they have already been snaffled. Thanks. Colin on 07421 458142.
  • Options
    Tom_Hovi said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Is the family stand a bit like that nuetral zone at Fulham? Never been to Northampton before, I guess its along one of the sides

I guess so but they’d only sell me a ticket if I had a child. I suppose I could’ve rented one for the day!
    Rang up and bought a single adult ticket over the phone this afternoon, either I got lucky @Tom_Hovi or you were unlucky!

• Options
    Sir_Clive said:

Tom_Hovi said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Rang up and bought a single adult ticket over the phone this afternoon, either I got lucky @Tom_Hovi or you were unlucky!

Probably unlucky. Not that worried but the more I think of this, the more I’m wondering whether the girl in the ticket office knew what she was doing?
  • Options
    I've got an adult & an U18's in the away end behind the goal & will gladly swap / buy 2 of the same in the Family Stand. I don't know if I can give back the U18's ticket & someone just buys the adult from me. All a bit daft really.
  • Options
    Sir_Clive said:

Tom_Hovi said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Have you been CRB checked :smile:
  • Options

'Arry Addick I will take one of your spares. Please call me to arrange or let me know if they have already been snaffled. Thanks. Colin on

@View_from_the_NWQ - have sent you a message on here. Cheers.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Sir_Clive said:

any particular pubs to aim for haven't been before so don't know where to head.

It's my favourite away day, living in Northampton... in terms of pubs, depends what you're after, turn right out of the station and you've got:
    - The Thomas A Becket
    - The Foundry Tavern
    - Working Mens Club
    - Sevens - probably the best of the bunch here

In that order within a 10 minute walk of the station, from Sevens you're looking at a 20 minute walk up the hill to the Sixfields complex which has got a couple of pubs, fast food, etc.

Left out of the station and you're heading back towards town where there are a number of pubs, and various taxi ranks.

If you were after real ale, the Albion Brewery is a 10-15 minute walk from the station, and The Malt Shovel offers a 6-10 real ales five minutes further along.

Enjoy.

just to mention that the albion brewery and malt shovel are in the opposite direction to the ground when you come out of the station main entrance (if you care!)
  • Options
    They wont care once they have had a few ales
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only recently learnt about Walter Tull so hoping to visit his statue before the match, a really incredible story worth reading up on if you aren't aware already.
  • Options
    @se9addick I think they are holding a short ceremony at Walter Tull's statue on Friday as its the nearest game to the centenary of his death.
  • Options
    Tickets behind the goal have all gone. There are tickets on sale in the East Stand still on sale, either on-line or phone (but for collection) or from the ticket office before 1pm. You do NOT need to have a child. Phone orders, and presumably on-line, can be collected up to 5pm from the club shop.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5abbb0fe4b7fc/good-friday-northampton-clash-all-ticket-on-sale-until-1pm-thursday

Ed - please amend title of thread
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    NO ticket sales on the day confirmed on official twitter, tickets will remain on sale unless sell out until 1pm Thursday.

currently 1100 sold - which i don't think is that bad tbh, new ground for me.
  • Options
    Charlton say that tickets WILL NOT BE ON SALE ON THE DAY.
  • Options
    No tickets sold on the day
  • Options
    edited March 2018

No tickets sold on the day

Thanks for that :smile:

NB the title needs correcting as it's not only family tickets.
  • Options

That’s been said before and been untrue
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will tickets be on sale on the day?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
  • Options
    1,100 away tickets sold now
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Will tickets be on sale on the day?

The club has said no. Only avilable until 1pm Thursday and then collection up to 5pm

• Options
    Driving to this one from Gloucester, the club website mentions parking on site, is this the best to head towards or does it fill early? Anyone got any advice/local info re parking?
  • Options
    Glosfan said:

Driving to this one from Gloucester, the club website mentions parking on site, is this the best to head towards or does it fill early? Anyone got any advice/local info re parking?

I went last season mate and parked in this area. No restrictions and about a mile from the ground.

• Options
    Glosfan said:

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/charlton_car_parking/
  • Options
    Still not convinced that our Ticket Office staff know what they are doing but just had a phone call from them to say that they now have East Stand (ie non-Family area) tickets available again!!
  • Options
    First away day of the season. One decent home win and I have turned into a glory hunter......
  • Options

Glosfan said:

I went last season mate and parked in this area. No restrictions and about a mile from the ground.

I parked on site last year, massive field next to the ground, very easy. Think it was about £3.50 or may have been a fiver.