Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Boring Boring England

Our last 5 games
1-0
0-0
0-0
1-0
1-0

Comments

• Options
    Two of those games against Germany and Brazil as well
  • Options
    Played some good stuff, just last ball/effort lacking. But then we regularly do that before tournaments then fail dismally when it counts. I'm not expecting anything different this time.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

That run of results in the World Cup would see us into the semi-finals.

Not if we lost on penalties
  • Options

Another boring thread from you.

No one forced u to open it
  • Options
    Clean sheets and tonight wasn’t boring. Thought it was quite good at times and with the pace we have available, it’ll be interesting to see how we do. Let’s hope Kane is fit and in form, that could be the difference.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think people are just responding to the thread you opened mate?
  • Options

cfgs said:

Huh?

I think the point was that if we went 1-0, 0-0, 0-0 in the group followed by 1-0 in the last 16 and 1-0 in the quarter final, we'd be in the semi final...
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    So when arsenal kept winning 1-0 everyone was saying boring boring arsenal

I was making a joke that we are becoming boring boring england as our last 5 games have seen 3 goals.

Hence why the title is boring boring england a play on words with boring boring arsenal
  • Options

cfgs said:

Speaking of which, how did the ref not give that?

Very good away performance that many were expecting us to lose.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

So when arsenal kept winning 1-0 everyone was saying boring boring arsenal

I was making a joke that we are becoming boring boring england as our last 5 games have seen 3 goals.

Hence why the title is boring boring england a play on words with boring boring arsenal

If you're joking add a smiley so people can appreciate it's a joke.
    This^^^ C'mon Paulie I've mentioned to you before that the winky or smiley Emojis are your friends :wink:
  • Options
    Italy next 4-4
  • Options

Our last 5 games
    1-0
    0-0
    0-0
    1-0
    1-0

Better than charlton last 5 games
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    I am currently having a great time in Amsterdam. Match was proper shit though. Big shame Gomez got injured so early in. Plenty of aggro before the match in the red light district. Loads of people getting beaten with police battons.

• Options
    England played decent tonight against a mediocre Dutch team but winning and a clean sheet is paramount on the international stage.
    Italy will treat the England game as a cathartic experience and will be desperate to redeem themselves after their disastrous qualifying efforts.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    We were ok. Holland really really poor. They used to be a great footballing nation. They really have fallen. Shame really.

International football isn’t what it used to be. The days of Zidanne, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Baggio, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Gullit, Klinsmann, Ballack, Inzaghi, Vieri, Cruyff, Van Basten, Dunga, Ronaldo, Kluivert, Zico, Henry, Petit, Viera, Seedorf, Kakà, Cannavaro, Rijkaard, Gattuso, Buffon, Totti, Del Piero, Deschamps, Scholes, Zico, Zambrotta.

Nowadays, we get served up Jesse Lingard and Jordan Henderson against Dost and Depay.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

We were ok. Holland really really poor. They used to be a great footballing nation. They really have fallen. Shame really.

International football isn’t what it used to be. The days of Zidanne, Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Baggio, Maldini, Nesta, Ronaldinho, Beckham, Gullit, Klinsmann, Ballack, Inzaghi, Vieri, Cruyff, Van Basten, Dunga, Ronaldo, Kluivert, Zico, Henry, Petit, Viera, Seedorf, Kakà, Cannavaro, Rijkaard, Gattuso, Buffon, Totti, Del Piero, Deschamps, Scholes, Zico, Zambrotta.

Nowadays, we get served up Jesse Lingard and Jordan Henderson against Dost and Depay.

Ronaldo - so fat he had to be in the list twice.
  • Options

England played decent tonight against a mediocre Dutch team but winning and a clean sheet is paramount on the international stage.
    Italy will treat the England game as a cathartic experience and will be desperate to redeem themselves after their disastrous qualifying efforts.

Didnt reedem themselves much last night tho a 2-0 defeat to Argentina (who had Messi as an unused sub)
  • Options
    Found the game tedious to watch even though England played well enough on the whole and to get a result away against a side with some big names is still worth credit.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Spread over 35 or so years and gawd know how many countries? Not really a valid comparison.

I thought the game was okay, but I agree the Dutch were poor. England should have had more goals, that final ball...

Defence still do not fill me with confidence either, but at least the players looked like they gave a shit.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Think this stat speaks volumes for the game really;

Vardy - minutes on pitch 22 (26 inc injury time) - touches of the ball - 0