Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Bradley Pritchard on the wing :)

Only due to the lack of investment in the squad following promotion :smile:
  • Options
    From wanting Chris Powell to then wanting Harry Kewell is bit odd

Part of me does wonder if Kewell is right and the Press are just putting 2+2 = 5 as its Aussies taking over
  • Options
    I doubt Powell would leave a club midway through a season. Maybe could be tempted back in the summer
  • Options

Part of me does wonder if Kewell is right and the Press are just putting 2+2 = 5 as its Aussies taking over

Not you as well... :sweat_smile:

Quick maths.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shrek 2, Kung Fu Panda 2... the list is endless.
  • Options
    I don't believe that CP rumour at all.
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I doubt Powell would leave Southend this soon, or even in the summer, he has more about him than that. Actually, I'd be a little disappointed if he did and he would go down a bit in my estimation.

I know what you mean but loyalty cuts both ways these days too. Clubs (and fans) are very happy to bin managers off after just 10 games or whatever. He's doing well at the moment but we see managers get the chop all the time if it doesn't immediately work out. Not saying that's right btw.

I would love Powell to come back tbh. He's got unfinished businesses with us and from a new owners point of view it's a shortcut to getting fans onside and bums back on seats. But I wouldn't expect anything permanent until the summer anyway so him leaving then would be a lot more straightforward.
  • Options
    Second marriages can be ok, or was it the third I get a little confused now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the new/prospective/potential owners understand pr and how to get the supporters with you unlike the current antagonistic lot, think this might be a throwaway comment to prove they get us.
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

As much as I love Chris Powell, I don’t think he should, or would, come back. Sequel’s never turn out to be as good as the original movie.

Terminator 2, Captain America 2, The Naked Gun 2, Star Wars Empire, Lethal Weapon 2, Batman 2 (Original and Dark Knight)

Not too sure about that
  • Options
    scp left under shit circumstances, but if he was to return i think fans would expect immediate success - not gonna happen, we need a complete rebuild imo.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

They have a bit more knowledge than that
    Which is what
  • Options
    I really can't understand how no-one has mentioned the second Bill and Ted movie yet in a conversation about amazing sequels. Get it together Charlton Life.
  • Options
    Aussies 3 months too late. SCP has been on the sidelines for over a year so if he IS/WAS their first choice then they had plenty of opportunities to line him up before now. No way would I want him to ditch Southend now & wouldn't even want him to have to decide on the issue.

Schoolboy error....
  • Options
    If only for incensing those on the other site I'd love SCP back.

But I'm not sure if it's right for him or us.

Certainly his reputation would suffer if he reneged on his contract with Southend. And I think that this would stop him from coming because he has a good moral compass.
  • Options

Aussies 3 months too late. SCP has been on the sidelines for over a year so if he IS/WAS their first choice then they had plenty of opportunities to line him up before now. No way would I want him to ditch Southend now & wouldn't even want him to have to decide on the issue.

Schoolboy error....

Nine months too early, more like.