Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anthony Joshua v Joseph Parker predictions

Comments

• Options
    Joshua
    8th
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th
    2:43

Browne got shown up for not having been in with anyone remotely as good as Whyte.

Think the same could happen to Parker as long as Joshua doesn't go looking to bomb him out early.

this
    I think this could be closer than people think. Joshua resume looks better on paper however I understand whyte went in with shoulder injury, klitschko was a very old man and Ruiz was a better fighter than Martin who Parker beat to win his title
    So Haye fights and admits injury hindered performance, Joshua fights people and made up injuries come out of the wood work as to why he beat them.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th

Browne got shown up for not having been in with anyone remotely as good as Whyte.

Think the same could happen to Parker as long as Joshua doesn't go looking to bomb him out early.

this
    I think this could be closer than people think. Joshua resume looks better on paper however I understand whyte went in with shoulder injury, klitschko was a very old man and Ruiz was a better fighter than Martin who Parker beat to win his title
    So Haye fights and admits injury hindered performance, Joshua fights people and made up injuries come out of the wood work as to why he beat them.
    Yes, made me laugh too, AJ is the most complete heavyweight we have had for many a year and as usual people want him to fail.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th

this
    Yes, made me laugh too, AJ is the most complete heavyweight we have had for many a year and as usual people want him to fail.
    Moot point. How would AJ have gone against Lennox Lewis in his prime?
  • Options
    THIS IS NOT "GENERAL CHARLTON"
  • Options

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th

this
    Why are is it a moot point, read what I wrote again 'for many a year'
  • Options

Update (35 for AJ and 8 for Parker):

JOSHUA

Round 1: StewieGriffin SE7/1.32, masicat/1.45, Greenie/2.00
    Round 2: McBobbin/1.03
    Round 3: Sonicstud85/1.50, C Jensens Love Child/2.23
    Round 4: supactive/2.12
    Round 5: stackitsteve/2.12, Nicholas/2.22
    Round 6: bobmunro/1.50, Boom/2.10, AddickAddict/2.20, ricky otto/2.25, RodneyCharltonTrotter/2.13, Macronate/2.43, Elthamaddick/2.43

Round 7: NorthheathAddick/1.23, Nth London Addick/1.33, dickplumb/1.49, jakecafc/1.54, roseandcrown/2.30, Alwaysnell/2.35

Round 8: Red James/1.15, Addickted/1.30, maddferrett/2.00, Chef Addick/2.10
    Round 9: Pedro45/1.12
    Round 10: North Lower Neil/1.56, stonewall penalty/1.21, BertieB/1.58
    Round 11: Dazzler21/2.01
    Round 12: Carter/2.57

PARKER

Round 3: cafcdave123/2.37
    Round 4: Blackheathen/1.42
    Round 5: blackpool 72/2.25
    Round 8: eaststandmike/1.36, sam3110/1.40
    Round 9: cs1986/1.59
    Round 10: Danepak/2.00
    Round 11: tony 1234/1.10
  • Options
    I haven't got a clue who will win - looking forwards to finding out! Joshua still has to prove he can be a great! |Doesn't mean he won't though!
  • Options
    AJ
    3rd
  • Options
    What an odd fellow Parker's promoter is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Parker
    7th
    2:15
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th

this
    I don't want him to fail and think he wins but not a one sided fight imo as a lot if ppl think.

Any Lewis would of destroyed AJ at present. Lewis was an ATG and top 5 heavy imo. Could be closer if AJ continues to improve.
  • Options
    AJ
    Round 4
    2:47
  • Options
    What has Boxing to do with Charlton?should be in other sports. Anyway Boxing should be banned its barbaric.
  • Options
    Carter said:

cs1986 said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th

this
    I don't want him to fail and think he wins but not a one sided fight imo as a lot if ppl think.

Any Lewis would of destroyed AJ at present. Lewis was an ATG and top 5 heavy imo. Could be closer if AJ continues to improve.
    Lewis had mastered the art towards the end of his career, annoyingly as a fan his application and concentration let him down on a couple of occasions. He rose to the top in a very tough era of heavyweight boxing, things are warming up in the heavys now but you just can't compare them because of the differing levels of opposition.

For the sake of amusement let's go through a few opponents and what happened to them

Joshua - Dillian Whyte, just off the back of a brutal knockout of human beanbag Lucas Browne. Whytes claim to fame is he landed a clean punch on Joshua over 8 rounds

Lewis - Shannon Briggs, a man with more first round knockouts than anyone else I can think of off the top of my head. A genuinely dangerous man and the two of them engaged in one of my favourite heavyweight fights of all time, Briggs passes the time now hollering "let's go champ" at various victims, the Klitchsko brothers being two more famous victims.

Joshua - Charles Martin, a patsy, a well abbed pudding. Having fought a mate of mine in Madison square garden apparently he punches hard. The guy I'm talking about is Tom Dallas who recently had his career ended by Dave Allen, another charismatic pudding. Charles Martin made a mockery of the title champion

Lennox Lewis - Evander Holyfield, enough said

Joshua - Wladimir Klitchsko, granted one of the best heavyweight bouts on British soil ever. Joshuas crowning moment, only problem is Tyson Fury played with the same guy for 12 rounds like a cat plays with a mouse. In the mouse's house

Lennox Lewis - Razor Ruddock, monster of a man and a solid champion. Lewis took him apart in one of my earlier memories of boxing

Joshua - Daniel Breazeale, this guy isn't a bad heavyweight compared to what else is out there, I just thought it would be funny to see written down the difference in opponents

I've not got a downer on Joshua, I just don't like how he's being blasted into the stratosphere by Hearn and to a degree the public who don't see the whole picture with him. He's beaten whatever has been fed to him I just don't think he will go down as a great in years to come because of the lack of competitive opposition
    Absolutely agree.

Joshua may, by the time he retires, go down as an all time great but a lot depends on who he fights - great boxers are mainly great because of the competition they had to overcome.

As it stands right now AJ could not hold a candle to LL - Lennox is in my top 10 of all-time.
  • Options
    Carter said:

cs1986 said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th

this

Lewis had mastered the art towards the end of his career, annoyingly as a fan his application and concentration let him down on a couple of occasions. He rose to the top in a very tough era of heavyweight boxing, things are warming up in the heavys now but you just can't compare them because of the differing levels of opposition.

For the sake of amusement let's go through a few opponents and what happened to them

Joshua - Dillian Whyte, just off the back of a brutal knockout of human beanbag Lucas Browne. Whytes claim to fame is he landed a clean punch on Joshua over 8 rounds

Lewis - Shannon Briggs, a man with more first round knockouts than anyone else I can think of off the top of my head. A genuinely dangerous man and the two of them engaged in one of my favourite heavyweight fights of all time, Briggs passes the time now hollering "let's go champ" at various victims, the Klitchsko brothers being two more famous victims.

Joshua - Charles Martin, a patsy, a well abbed pudding. Having fought a mate of mine in Madison square garden apparently he punches hard. The guy I'm talking about is Tom Dallas who recently had his career ended by Dave Allen, another charismatic pudding. Charles Martin made a mockery of the title champion

Joshua - Wladimir Klitchsko, granted one of the best heavyweight bouts on British soil ever. Joshuas crowning moment, only problem is Tyson Fury played with the same guy for 12 rounds like a cat plays with a mouse. In the mouse's house

Lennox Lewis - Razor Ruddock, monster of a man and a solid champion. Lewis took him apart in one of my earlier memories of boxing

Joshua - Daniel Breazeale, this guy isn't a bad heavyweight compared to what else is out there, I just thought it would be funny to see written down the difference in opponents

I've not got a downer on Joshua, I just don't like how he's being blasted into the stratosphere by Hearn and to a degree the public who don't see the whole picture with him. He's beaten whatever has been fed to him I just don't think he will go down as a great in years to come because of the lack of competitive opposition
    Listen, Razor could have a tear up but he was not on the same level as a heavyweight world champion. Let alone actually getting in to the ring with him.

Is Daniel any relation to Dominic?

:wink:
  • Options

Carter said:

cs1986 said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th

this

Listen, Razor could have a tear up but he was not on the same level as a heavyweight world champion. Let alone actually getting in to the ring with him.

That's the one Daniel, Dominic. Tomato tomatoe

I disagree about Ruddock, he was an animal and was someone who gave Tyson an actual fight. Again, he was competing with some very tough and dangerous men at the time too. If he was around now he'd walk through most heavies on the planet
  • Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

cs1986 said:

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Dazzler21 said:

cs1986 said:

Macronate said:

AJ
    6th

this

That's the one Daniel, Dominic. Tomato tomatoe

I disagree about Ruddock, he was an animal and was someone who gave Tyson an actual fight. Again, he was competing with some very tough and dangerous men at the time too. If he was around now he'd walk through most heavies on the planet
    Well this is a bit embarrassing.

I'd completely overlooked/forgotten about Donovan Ruddock and thought you'd messed up Riddick Bowes first name.

Feel free to point and laugh :neutral::smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can, up to a point, only fight what's out there, and AJ has done (or is doing) that. He's dealt with domestic (Whyte), and took on Klitschko a lot earlier than some thought. if he wins this weekend, and then gets past Wilder, there is not many he will fear. A Fury fight is a non-starter until Tyson sorts his life out.

I loved the way Lennox took his time, beating all the Brits (Gary Mason was a good fight), then Yanks, and then ruled for years. Sure he got suckered twice but when it came to fighting anyone really tough (Holyfield, Tyson, etc) he always looked fantastic.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

You can, up to a point, only fight what's out there, and AJ has done (or is doing) that. He's dealt with domestic (Whyte), and took on Klitschko a lot earlier than some thought. if he wins this weekend, and then gets past Wilder, there is not many he will fear. A Fury fight is a non-starter until Tyson sorts his life out.

I loved the way Lennox took his time, beating all the Brits (Gary Mason was a good fight), then Yanks, and then ruled for years. Sure he got suckered twice but when it came to fighting anyone really tough (Holyfield, Tyson, etc) he always looked fantastic.

Best British heavyweight of all time was Lennox.
    And before anyone says he is Canadian he was born in London
  • Options
    Will start watching SSN again on Monday
  • Options

Update:

JOSHUA

Round 1: StewieGriffin SE7/1.32, masicat/1.45, Greenie/2.00
    Round 2: McBobbin/1.03
    Round 3: Sonicstud85/1.50, valley11/2.10 C Jensens Love Child/2.23
    Round 4: supactive/2.12, CharltonStu2.47
    Round 5: stackitsteve/2.12, Nicholas/2.22
    Round 6: bobmunro/1.50, Boom/2.10, AddickAddict/2.20, ricky otto/2.25, RodneyCharltonTrotter/2.13, Macronate/2.43, Elthamaddick/2.43

Round 7: NorthheathAddick/1.23, Nth London Addick/1.33, dickplumb/1.49, jakecafc/1.54, roseandcrown/2.30, Alwaysnell/2.35

Round 8: Red James/1.15, Addickted/1.30, maddferrett/2.00, Chef Addick/2.10
    Round 9: Pedro45/1.12
    Round 10: North Lower Neil/1.56, stonewall penalty/1.21, BertieB/1.58
    Round 11: Dazzler21/2.01
    Round 12: Carter/2.57

PARKER

Round 3: cafcdave123/2.37
    Round 4: Blackheathen/1.42
    Round 5: blackpool 72/2.25
    Round 7: MrOneLung/2.15
    Round 8: eaststandmike/1.36, sam3110/1.40
    Round 9: cs1986/1.59
    Round 10: Danepak/2.00
    Round 11: tony 1234/1.10
  • Options
    Boom!
  • Options

AJ points
    +7

Daddy_Pig said:

AJ points +6

You went higher.

Sir, I bow to your superior foresight
  • Options

In the June '63 fight at Wembley Stadium Our 'Enery put Cassius Clay (later Muhammad Ali) down at the end of what round?

The first correct answer earns a second prediction (or two predictions if you haven't already made one). It doesn't necessarily have to be for the same fighter.

5th
  • Options
    Thanks very much for sending in your predictions and congratulations to Daddy-Pig, Bolderhumphreyreid and cs1986 who got the points decision spot on. Sorry guys, you'll just have to share any winnings which accrue from the following investment. The draw is on Wednesday evening (NZ time) and I'll publish the winning numbers and you van view them on www.mylotto.co.nz if you wish:

Powerball

04 13 27 29 34 37. 08
    19 23 24 36 38 39. 01
    16 20 22 25 31 35. 06
    02 05 07 11 21 28. 02
    02 11 15 16 24 36. 06
    01 09 10 13 18 21. 01
    22 23 27 38 39 40. 09
    03 06 17 20 26 29. 07

Good luck!!
  • Options

AJ points
    +7

Can’t believe I underestimated it!
  • Options
    Scorecards where way to wide to me tbh. Thanks hoping we win something to split 4 ways!