Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Duchatelet Era 18

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018

Thuram

Nego
    Johnson
    Williams
    Chicksen (possibly harsh)

Harriott
    Ceballos
    Lepoint
    Ba

Church
    Makienok

Coach: Wim De Corte (hipsters choice)

Chicksen and Harriott, even Church are ridiculous choices. Did you not watch the first 2 years he owned us? Not even close to the worst.
    Yep had a season ticket. Interested to know your picks for a worse striker than Church and worse winger than Harriott
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Surely Koc and Fanni must be included. Just about sums it all up.

Fanni was an excellent defender. Silky.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Being serious, all the years I have watched Charlton by miles the worst performance by anyone is given to Lepoint..

Tom Hovi? El Khalaj (? spelling) Ben Reeves every week :wink:
    Think you're right Len, they were worse. However, I did actually laugh out loud whilst watching Lepoint, never done that before or since.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Polish Pete doesn't qualify imo - one appearance as sub, where i'm not certain he even did anything particularly remarkable.

4 minutes of football in return for an £800k transfer fee and a 4 and a half year contract that we tore up less than half way through. He should be first name on the teamsheet, and Simon Church shouldn't be anywhere near it.
    ‘Worse’ striker than Church please.

Yes - Polish Pete was a disaster of a purchase, but not sure you can rate someone you’ve basically never seen play.

Polish Pete got himself a very decent haul in Holland and the Belgian top-flight. Would you back Simon Church to do that? Cos I wouldn’t.
  • Options

Fanni was an excellent defender. Silky.
    Dunno, I thought Fanni was a bit hairy at times.
  • Options

Thuram

Nego
    Johnson
    Williams

Harriott
    Ceballos
    Lepoint
    Ba

Church
    Makienok

Chicksen and Harriott, even Church are ridiculous choices. Did you not watch the first 2 years he owned us? Not even close to the worst.
    Yep had a season ticket. Interested to know your picks for a worse striker than Church and worse winger than Harriott
    Vaz Te, Koc, Tudgay.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Was Evina better or worse than Page?

Evina was a Chris Powell signing just before we signed Wiggins
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Thuram
    Nego | Williams | Onyewu | Page
    Lepoint | Ba
    Koc | Petrucci | Bergdich
    Dodoo
  • Options

The fact that we have had Johnson Suk-young Fanni and Koc in the last few years is about the one upside of this regime. 10/10 in a game of innuendo bingo.

• Options

MrLargo said:

Polish Pete doesn't qualify imo - one appearance as sub, where i'm not certain he even did anything particularly remarkable.

4 minutes of football in return for an £800k transfer fee and a 4 and a half year contract that we tore up less than half way through. He should be first name on the teamsheet, and Simon Church shouldn't be anywhere near it.

Yes - Polish Pete was a disaster of a purchase, but not sure you can rate someone you’ve basically never seen play.

Polish Pete got himself a very decent haul in Holland and the Belgian top-flight. Would you back Simon Church to do that? Cos I wouldn’t.
    And Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink got a very decent haul for Chelsea and Leeds, but we paid him £30k a week to contribute very little except waddling round the pitch like a fat J-Lo.

Powell, Riga, Peeters, Luzon and Fraeye - none of them were willing to play Polish Pete, all of them fielded Church at some point. Not saying Church was brilliant, but at least he was on the pitch rather than just draining vast amounts of cash in return for nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018

Thuram

Nego
    Johnson
    Williams

Harriott
    Ceballos
    Lepoint
    Ba

Church
    Makienok

Vaz Te, Koc, Tudgay.

1. Nope.
    2. Impossible to say, plus not a striker.
    3.Nope
  • Options

Thuram

Nego
    Johnson
    Williams

Harriott
    Ceballos
    Lepoint
    Ba

Church
    Makienok

Vaz Te, Koc, Tudgay.
    Nope, nope.
    You'd seriously say that Koc is better than Church?
  • Options

Thuram

Nego
    Johnson
    Williams

Harriott
    Ceballos
    Lepoint
    Ba

Church
    Makienok

Vaz Te, Koc, Tudgay.
    Nope, nope.
    You'd seriously say that Koc is better than Church?
    Edited - missed that you’d included him
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

And Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink got a very decent haul for Chelsea and Leeds, but we paid him £30k a week to contribute very little except waddling round the pitch like a fat J-Lo.

Powell, Riga, Peeters, Luzon and Fraeye - none of them were willing to play Polish Pete, all of them fielded Church at some point. Not saying Church was brilliant, but at least he was on the pitch rather than just draining vast amounts of cash in return for nothing.
    Sorry man, you’ve disproved your argument by using a player who actually played, and was demonstrably bad, as an example.
  • Options
    I saw Koc and Polish Pete play against Brighton u21s. They were signed to play for the first team and in that one game it was clear why they didn't (PPs few minutes aside). It's not that they looked bad, they just didn't stand out as anything special compared to the rest of the u21s.
  • Options
    Koc is clearly a worse winger than Harriott, McAleny if you want another? Obviously done ok since but awful for us.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Sorry man, you’ve disproved your argument by using a player who actually played, and was demonstrably bad, as an example.
    How can a player who turned out for us over 50 times have had a more negative effect on our fortunes than someone who played for 4 minutes and had to be paid off to leave.

Piotr was so bad that Church kept him out of the team.
  • Options

Being serious, all the years I have watched Charlton by miles the worst performance by anyone is given to Lepoint..

That Cardiff away performance...Luckily Tony was on fire at that point
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks Reza was better than Church needs their head checked.

One of the worst strikers we've had since I've been alive. No strength, positional awareness, couldn't jump or shoot.

Sheffield Wednesday away (3-0) lives long in the memory.
  • Options

MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

There's a reason he didn't play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sarr
  • Options

Anyone who thinks Reza was better than Church needs their head checked.

One of the worst strikers we've had since I've been alive. No strength, positional awareness, couldn't jump or shoot.

Sheffield Wednesday away (3-0) lives long in the memory.

Agreed - Reza was flimsy and ineffective. He had about the same goals per game as Church, about 1 in 10.

Reza did score one memorable curler in the top corner, and scored 20 goals in the Dutch top flight last season (for what that’s worth).
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

How can a player who turned out for us over 50 times have had a more negative effect on our fortunes than someone who played for 4 minutes and had to be paid off to leave.

Piotr was so bad that Church kept him out of the team.
    What can I say - I didn’t make the rules. :)

“What's the worst team you can pick from the players that have played under the Duchatalet regime?”

I have no doubt he was most probably a shit as the other Driesen discoveries.

No idea why I care anyway - the whole thing has been such an unmitigated disaster that I’d like to erase the entire godforsaken period from my memory.