Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dumped car

Comments

• Options

What car is it?

A small Peugeot
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The really really strange thing is that the guy is in his mid to late 50s and his mum lives opposite us in a 3 bedroom house on her own. Some mornings he will poor his piss out then go across the road to his elderly mum's house.

He is not living in the car every night just probably 3-4 nights a week.

Is he a carer for his mum?
    Don't think so, either way, the car is still on the illegally.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Good part of Dartford?

It's all relative :smile:
  • Options

What car is it?

A small Peugeot
    Is it silver?
  • Options

What car is it?

A small Peugeot
    Is it silver?
    No, green
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Good part of Dartford?

It's all relative :smile:
    All "relatives" more like :-)
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Just wondering if you guys can help?

I live in a good part of Dartford .

Now I know you're on a wind up.
  • Options
    Is he there tonight
  • Options

Maybe the person parks it in a nicer part of town because they feel less vulnerable there if they're kipping in it.

Urine chucking aside it's obviously someone fallen on hard times which is sad.

Quite, if you could move your house anywhere you like - would you pick a shit bit of Dartford?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe the person parks it in a nicer part of town because they feel less vulnerable there if they're kipping in it.

Urine chucking aside it's obviously someone fallen on hard times which is sad.

Quite, if you could move your house anywhere you like - would you pick a shit bit of Dartford?
    To be fair, it'll be hard for him to pick his house up and move it
  • Options
    If a window is slightly open? Put some aspirin in a resealable bag and drop it on the seat. Tell the police it's a drug dealing car.
    Or
    Paint 'Islam is evil'' on the side. Then watch it go.
  • Options

What car is it?

A small Peugeot
    Is it silver?
    No, green
    Its not my uncle Dave then, unless he has had it resprayed.
    Does the paint job look recent?
  • Options
    What has the owner said when you have talked to him?
  • Options
    Daggs said:

If a window is slightly open? Put some aspirin in a resealable bag and drop it on the seat. Tell the police it's a drug dealing car.
    Or
    Paint 'Islam is evil'' on the side. Then watch it go.

Spray painting 'free sweets' on it would probably do the job.
  • Options
    Phone the DVLA untaxed car hotline and demand action.
    They can’t wait to fine you when you are late with tax or SORN.
  • Options
    I have flats near my house and people kept dumping sofas etc in the car park, I contacted the council etc and they offered no help as it was private land.

I then wrote to my local MP demanding that if he wanted my vote in the next local election he should get this sorted. He replied and got it sorted.

Dartford council too.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    It is a matter for plod as the vehicle is on the road and is not taxed, in contravention of relevant statute.
    It arrived in Nov'17 and hasn't been taxed for 2 years or more - so somebody was driving it around illegally too.
    Plod's remedy will be to scrap it at no benefit to anyone, indeed it will cost us for that to happen, better if somebody/anybody trousers a note or two.
    You live in Dartford, ergo you know someone directly or indirectly related to persons connected to the car parts/scrap metal trade. There's £150 minimum scrap value in any motor and this one is just waiting to be taken away for recycling.

You could try this site: https://www.fixmystreet.com/ Once it's up on there DBC or KCC are obliged to deal within a certain time. Contrary to what the poor sap on the phone will have been instructed to tell you to fob you off.

As for the owner/occupant, pick up some literature for support groups for whatever you think might be ailing him or his Mum and post them to her, include some for webuyanycrud type sites too.
    Leaving refuse in the street is despicable behaviour however large or small, no excuses.

It might be worth contacting your local ward councillors - from experience maybe one out of the 2 or 3 that "represent" your ward could be more than just cynical sponges for 'expenses' and make some effort to assist you. Unfortunately too many of the town's wards are super safe seats for the incumbents who know they need to do the square root of fuck all to keep their cushy number.
  • Options
    I have emailed my local MP this morning, they promptly responded asking for the registration number. Hopefully they will do the easy MOT and tax check to confirm my allegation and get it moved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just wondering if you guys can help?

I live in Dartford and there is been a car parked in our street since November 2017. I have checked online and found that the car has had no tax or MOT since 2015. I reported the car to the DVLA (or whatever they are called) a number of times but nothing done, I have reported it to the local police but still nothing done, I have even contacted the council they said that the have been in contact with the owner and the car is not abandoned. We have recently found out that the owner sometimes sleep in the car and throws his urine out of the car in the morning (delightful I know). I live in a good part of Dartford which makes this even more strange.

The thing I can't understand is that if my 17 year old son was not to tax or MOT his car he would get the authorities jump from a great height on him but somehow this car doesn't seem to be illegal!!.

What can I do to get this car moved?

If the car is taxed and MOT'd surely he can park where he wants ?

Throwing urine in public is a seperate issue, but you'd need proof.
    The tax and MOT run out 3 years ago.
    Yeah - but does it have an MOT and valid road fund licence?

• Options

The really really strange thing is that the guy is in his mid to late 50s and his mum lives opposite us in a 3 bedroom house on her own. Some mornings he will poor his piss out then go across the road to his elderly mum's house.

He is not living in the car every night just probably 3-4 nights a week.

Bizarre!! Perhaps his mum snores and he needs some peace in his car a few nights a week??

Van been parked outside our house for weeks now... not a problem, we can park elsewhere and everyone has a right to park. But It just looked like it had been dumped. Unfortunately I happened upon the owner the other night and asked him, ermmm perhaps it was the way I asked him but I reckon it'll be sat there another few weeks now.

• Options
    robroy said:

I have flats near my house and people kept dumping sofas etc in the car park, I contacted the council etc and they offered no help as it was private land.

I then wrote to my local MP demanding that if he wanted my vote in the next local election he should get this sorted. He replied and got it sorted.

Dartford council too.

Katie might like them at Hillsborough...
  • Options
    I remember when I used to stay at my Mums sheltered accommodation a couple of nights a week in London occasionally going and sleeping in my van in the summer as the heat in those places I found unbearable. As for the smell of stale urine, struth I can still smell it now!! ;)
  • Options
    Why don't you offer him a room for the night?
  • Options

If @Justin20474 takes all the advice he has been given so far he could go down for:-

Arson.
    Blackmail.
    Bribery.
    Burglary.
    Embezzlement.
    Extortion.
    False pretenses.
    Fraud
    ........... and Murder

Only on CL ....

We are here to help
  • Options
    If a fella has to live in the car - no problem.
    His rent is £240 ish a year - pay up.
  • Options
    It is a council issue. They own the road the car is on, it is for them to enforce. Just like it would be the landowners responsibility if it was parked on private land.
  • Options
    SexyDave said:

It is a council issue. They own the road the car is on, it is for them to enforce. Just like it would be the landowners responsibility if it was parked on private land.

I had an issue with a "dumped car" in Bromley and in my investigations, also found that it was a council issue and not a police or DVLA issue.