Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton players in racism storm (video in The Sun).....

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:

The naughty ones have to learn to Riverdance as a punishment.

Most overrated form of dance ever

; )
  • Options

I never in a million years thought i’d ever utter or type this phrase but having read this thread I can’t help myself .....

......it’s PC gone mad!

You dirty northern bastard. (Just banter)

I’ll deal with you when I return from my safe space....
  • Options
    Calm down guys
  • Options

seth plum said:

The naughty ones have to learn to Riverdance as a punishment.

Most overrated form of dance ever

; )
    Ok, as a severe punishment.
  • Options
    Morris Dancing is far far more technical
  • Options

Morris Dancing is far far more technical

Yeah, and far cooler than Riverdance eh?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Can't we have a bite sized thread?

There's 18 bleddy pages to plough through and I might not live long enough to read all that.

I watched the video (only God knows why) ........ and there's Ricky Holmes, so it's an old video probably dating from the Newcastle p*ss up before Christmas. Typical of The Scum to dig out some crap like this and sensationalise it out of all proportion, trying to inflame the reactions of the non-thinking classes.

Sorry if Im late to the party and it's already been mentioned.

• Options
    edited March 2018
    Oggy Red said:

There's 18 bleddy pages to plough through and I might not live long enough to read all that.

I watched the video (only God knows why) ........ and there's Ricky Holmes, so it's an old video probably dating from the Newcastle p*ss up before Christmas. Sorry if Im late to the party and it's already been mentioned.

The video is over a year old oggster. October 2016.
  • Options
    Being in the public eye brings responsibilities

Coincidentally, an ex-pro (Palace-Wimbledon-Millwall) I used to drink with was called Pikey to his pals, is that word a complete no no these days, or still a grey area?

It wasn't just his pals that called him that :expressionless:
    That would have been Andy Roberts.
  • Options

Oggy Red said:

I watched the video (only God knows why) ........ and there's Ricky Holmes, so it's an old video probably dating from the Newcastle p*ss up before Christmas. Sorry if Im late to the party and it's already been mentioned.

The video is over a year old oggster. October 2016.
    Thanks, Ricky.

I told you I was late to the party!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2018
    clive said:
    So the people who are "in touch" with reality were correct.
    It was private drunken banter on WhatsApp, that someone leaked.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

It was posted in a private whats app group mate in 2016 I believe and the three players still with us have all said Solly and will be disciplined internally by the Manager. Magennis and Kennedy the brunt of the banter / abuse have said they were not offended by it.
  • Options
    The club might at least pay for my counselling after seeing this video. I've lived something of a sheltered life.
  • Options
    clive said:
    I'd be more concerned with those lines of cocaine someone has put down in the photo.

Where's Robbie Fowler ?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

clive said:
    I'd be more concerned with those lines of cocaine someone has put down in the photo.

Where's Robbie Fowler ?

That was Roger Johnson’s leaving gift to the club.
  • Options

I'm more appalled by professional athletes getting rat assed than any naughty words they might have used. I hope every one of the piss heads in that video is playing elsewhere next season.

I was trying to imagine players like Kinsella, Kish, Steve Brown etc, behaving in a similar way, and whether Curbs would tolerate it? Not because young blokes with plenty of cash do not quite commonly behave in such a way, but because they are professional athletes who should be keeping their bodies in tip top condition. Additionally, they are representatives of CAFC on and off the pitch.

Bet there's a few players from that era that are glad there were no camera phones at the player of the year dos at the meridian.
    Yeah, would never have seen any of that era in The Venue........................
    Exactly - There was one player (in the curbs era) who used to get absolutely wankered in the Venue every single Saturday. Had there been camera phones or social media, most on here would have wanted him hung, drawn and quartered.

Who was that?
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

I'm more appalled by professional athletes getting rat assed than any naughty words they might have used. I hope every one of the piss heads in that video is playing elsewhere next season.

I was trying to imagine players like Kinsella, Kish, Steve Brown etc, behaving in a similar way, and whether Curbs would tolerate it? Not because young blokes with plenty of cash do not quite commonly behave in such a way, but because they are professional athletes who should be keeping their bodies in tip top condition. Additionally, they are representatives of CAFC on and off the pitch.

Bet there's a few players from that era that are glad there were no camera phones at the player of the year dos at the meridian.
    Yeah, would never have seen any of that era in The Venue........................
    Exactly - There was one player (in the curbs era) who used to get absolutely wankered in the Venue every single Saturday. Had there been camera phones or social media, most on here would have wanted him hung, drawn and quartered.

Who was that?
    Ricky Otto :wink:
  • Options
    edited March 2018

Find it amazing the pro Banterists and the PC gone mad mob are claiming some sort of victory here. As if the club's family, inclusive, anti-racist image has not been tarnished by the release of this video. The players are, quite rightly, going to be punished. The only thing that has been clarified that mitigates the whole sorry incident is that it happened in an international break so unlikely to have impacted a training week before a match.

What mob is claiming a victory?? I’m sure everyone agrees it would have been better if this didn’t come out, but some of us realise it’s not that big a deal and thankfully the club feels the same.

The club won’t do a thing, but if you wanna believe that they will to make yourself feel better then knock yourself out.

• Options

Find it amazing the pro Banterists and the PC gone mad mob are claiming some sort of victory here. As if the club's family, inclusive, anti-racist image has not been tarnished by the release of this video. The players are, quite rightly, going to be punished. The only thing that has been clarified that mitigates the whole sorry incident is that it happened in an international break so unlikely to have impacted a training week before a match.

What mob is claiming a victory?? I’m sure everyone agrees it would have been better if this didn’t come out, but some of us realise it’s not that big a deal and thankfully the club feels the same.

The club won’t do a thing, but if you wanna believe that they will to make yourself feel better then knock yourself out.

Classic pro-banterist response
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I identify as pro-banterist.

I identify as banter-queer, as I live in a post banter world because banter isn’t progressive.
  • Options

Been a while since the prissy school girl gang leader has had a pop at me. Let's leave it at that until next time. You get back to your reality TV show and other Chavy threads and let's hope our paths don't cross for another year.
    Sharing any sort of political stance with you is so painful, as you're such a bigot, and you post so much
  • Options
    I can’t believe what I’m seeing

A club statement that is well worded!
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Been a while since the prissy school girl gang leader has had a pop at me. Let's leave it at that until next time. You get back to your reality TV show and other Chavy threads and let's hope our paths don't cross for another year.
    Sharing any sort of political stance with you is so painful, as you're such a bigot, and you post so much
    3665 comments for me. Over 7,000 for you. Being a called bigot by you of all people is truly amazing!
  • Options
    Hahaha fight me
  • Options

Step one: get upset for pages and pages over players associated with the club tarnishing Charlton's 'family, inclusive image'

Step two: Call someone else a chav

Step three: Presumably explode in some kind of irony-related incident
    Four posts, maybe five, on the 18 pages. But don't let the truth stop you trying to make a funny point.
  • Options

Step one: get upset for pages and pages over players associated with the club tarnishing Charlton's 'family, inclusive image'

Four posts, maybe five, on the 18 pages. But don't let the truth stop you trying to make a funny point.
    Yeah, across lots of pages. Like I said..

It was a funny point though, you're right. Thanks.
  • Options

12. It’s under ‘comments’.