Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If you watched the debacle on Sat on iFollow, I need your help

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2018
    EastStand said:

The trouble is Prague, from a technical standpoint, it is almost impossible to fix something you can't replicate. By all means, crack on at them for a refund, but if they can't see a problem they can't fix it.

A quick google found this: http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3269222/video-audio-slowly-lose-sync.html. Maybe try updating all drivers, browsers and your OS to see if that solves the issue. If all else fails try clearing your browser's cache too (solves everything, except Charlton's record of course).

I am not really bothered about a refund. That is just a way to try to get a response. The thing is that on the one hand, it isn't just me, as this thread shows; and on the other hand, I have tried all the individual fixes they have suggested. The problem is on all browsers, and is only on their service. I live stream BBCTV on the same setups without a problem, and I get the iFollow problem in more than one physical location (home and office).

But, to give Amdan credit, he is proposing to tackle your first point. He is now saying he will sign up as a normal subscriber this Saturday, pay a fiver of his own money, and watch the Plymouth game through a VPN. I think he has outed himself as a Plymouth fan as a result since he watched their game last weekend on their workplace setup. I must admit that is all in its way quite impressive. Although it seems a bit Mickey Mouse that one of their customer service people have to use their own cash to try and tackle a tech problem.

Let me know how it streams tomorrow night, everyone. Per @SomervilleAddick , please state hardware, OS and browser, if you encounter the problem

• Options

Cheers guys, keep em coming.

This is the sum total of their response after my latest complaint (but before I posted this thread up)

Dear Richard,

I have had a look at our internal comments to see if we had any issues with the live stream for this game and we did not have any issues with the live stream or commentary.

If you're still having audio sync issues it most probably from your side, this can be your device or your ISP.

We are not able to offer refunds for iFollow subscriptions, per the terms of service.

Regards,
    Amdad, iFollow Support

If you paid by credit card, I think they'd have a hard time defending a claim for a refund from your card supplier. They aren't supplying what you've paid for.
    The problem is that they are still flatly refusing to accept that any problem exists. They are trying to imply it is just me, despite me posting up all the comments from here (including the ones who say they don't have a problem.)

It's a microcosm of football today. So long as most people keep paying, no matter what shit they get, they do not in turn give a shit about a few disgruntled "customers".

Grrrr.

I know it's the principle of the thing, but sometimes it's best to accept the financial grief in order to avoid the stress of the possibly doomed fight. Computers do play up and it can be an audio driver issue or even an OS issue.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Cheers guys, keep em coming.

This is the sum total of their response after my latest complaint (but before I posted this thread up)

Dear Richard,

I have had a look at our internal comments to see if we had any issues with the live stream for this game and we did not have any issues with the live stream or commentary.

If you're still having audio sync issues it most probably from your side, this can be your device or your ISP.

We are not able to offer refunds for iFollow subscriptions, per the terms of service.

Regards,
    Amdad, iFollow Support

If you paid by credit card, I think they'd have a hard time defending a claim for a refund from your card supplier. They aren't supplying what you've paid for.
    The problem is that they are still flatly refusing to accept that any problem exists. They are trying to imply it is just me, despite me posting up all the comments from here (including the ones who say they don't have a problem.)

It's a microcosm of football today. So long as most people keep paying, no matter what shit they get, they do not in turn give a shit about a few disgruntled "customers".

Grrrr.

I know it's the principle of the thing, but sometimes it's best to accept the financial grief in order to avoid the stress of the possibly doomed fight. Computers do play up and it can be an audio driver issue or even an OS issue.
    Like I said, I am not worried about a fiver. But I am ****** if I am going to watch in future when the crowd noise celebrating a goal kicks in when the players are back in the centre circle, or when i think the goal has been disallowed because I heard the ref's whistle just before the ball went in (when in fact it was the ref blowing for the free kick to be taken.)

And I don't know how many more times I have to say this, especially to iFollow themselves. If there is a thread, where a majority of people who are a random sample experience the same problem , then it is not just an isolated single user problem, and they bloody well need to fix it.

That said, if Amdan reports that he cannot replicate the problem then I will leave it for this season at least, since I have lost all interest in watching this pathetic shambles of a team shuffle to mid-table obscurity. I'd rather devote my energy to the ROT campaign.

• Options
    Was gonna give this a go tonight as I couldn't make the drive after work.

A) is it worth it?

B ) how do I get it working, what proxy do people use?
  • Options

A) is it worth it?

Hola
  • Options

A) is it worth it?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80337/ifollow#latest
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

A) is it worth it?

Hola
    Messaged you mate
  • Options
    From the other thread, I think we might have located the variable factor that governs whether you experience the audio lag or not.

The theory is:

If you watch on PC (or non - Apple tablet) you are OK, no delay on audio

If you watch on a Mac, or on an iPad/iPhone, you experience the problem

Could everyone please respond, let me know if you conform to the above, or not

I will alert the guy from iFollow, as this will at least give him something concrete to work on
  • Options

From the other thread, I think we might have located the variable factor that governs whether you experience the audio lag or not.

The theory is:

If you watch on PC (or non - Apple tablet) you are OK, no delay on audio

If you watch on a Mac, or on an iPad/iPhone, you experience the problem

Could everyone please respond, let me know if you conform to the above, or not

I will alert the guy from iFollow, as this will at least give him something concrete to work on

I watch on either a Mac or an iPad, and get the delay - cant comment on non apple related products.

• Options
    I watch on ipad and have the 2-4 second sound delay , we should be grateful the sound isn't before the picture ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ive not missed a game this season, barring the two I was at. I use IPvanish, never had any serious issues getting access. The only issue I have is, it don't look any prettier on the telly. So I start my boycott of ifollow as from saturday.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Amdad has agreed to investigate the PC vs Mac possible issue, says it is something they have not considered. Very fair play to him. He has decided to own this issue.

@Exiled_Addick @ChicagoAddick what OS are you using? @Callumcafc with no such issue, what about you?

Thanks all.
  • Options

Amdad has agreed to investigate the PC vs Mac possible issue, says it is something they have not considered. Very fair play to him. He has decided to own this issue.

@Exiled_Addick @ChicagoAddick what OS are you using? @Callumcafc with no such issue, what about you?

Thanks all.

iPad using the official app for whichever team we are playing against. It's an older one so I think it's iOS 10.
  • Options

Thanks all.

Laptop running Windows 10 here.
  • Options
    Hmm. Thanks guys. Think we have nailed the issue.
  • Options
    Prague, mate... I have absolutely no doubt that you are right and that an issue exists and that it is no doubt infuriating to hear them deny it. I can also see that you are trying to resolve the issue for the benefit of all. Good stuff.

However.... I strongly suggest that you use Valley Pass audio to accompany ifollow pictures and sync up the audio with pause buttons. I enjoy the experience greatly. It works for me every time.
  • Options

Prague, mate... I have absolutely no doubt that you are right and that an issue exists and that it is no doubt infuriating to hear them deny it. I can also see that you are trying to resolve the issue for the benefit of all. Good stuff.

However.... I strongly suggest that you use Valley Pass audio to accompany ifollow pictures and sync up the audio with pause buttons. I enjoy the experience greatly. It works for me every time.

Not an option when watching through an iPad
  • Options

Valley Pass isn't free though, is it, even if it works. I have to pay - to RD - in order to make another paid for system work properly? I'll Pass on that, thank you.

But I am hopeful we are close to cracking the issue anyway. I am done with iFollow for this season, so hopefully we get it all set up for next season, new owner, and CAFC in with iFollow.

• Options
    Will try out watching it via my iPhone at the next available opportunity and see if the audio lags behind. Have only watched on my Windows laptop in the past.