Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks Charlton v Shrewsbury

13»

Comments

• Options
    Amos: 7
    Solly: 4.5
    Pearce: 4
    Konsa: 6
    DaSilva: 5.5
    Kashi: 5
    Marshall: 4.5
    Aribo: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 4.5
    Kaikai: 4.5
    Magennis: 5
    Fosu: 6.5
  • Options
    Solly: 4
    Konsa: 5
    DaSilva: 6
    Kashi: 4
    Marshall: 5
    Aribo: 6
    Forster-Caskey: 4
    Kaikai: 4
    Magennis: 4
    Fosu: 6
  • Options
    edited February 2018

AYour marks please

Solly: 5
    Pearce: 6
    Konsa: 6
    DaSilva: 7
    Kashi: 6
    Marshall: 5.5
    Aribo: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey:6
    Magennis:6

Ajose: n/a
    Zyro: n/a

• Options
    Amos: 6.5
    Solly: 3
    Konsa: 5
    Marshall: 3
    Aribo: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Magennis: 5
  • Options
    Amos: 6
    Pearce: 4.5
    Konsa: 5.5
    DaSilva: 6.5
    Kashi: 5.5
    Aribo: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Kaikai: 5
    Magennis: 6.5
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Amos: 7.5 extra point for the penalty save and I don't remember him doing anything else.

Solly: 5: Not good. I've said a lot about him on other threads

Pearce: 4: Awful. Of his first five or so touches, four went out of play or to the opposition needlessly. He dove in at the halfway line a couple times for no reason and nearly got burned for it twice. He had a couple of patented Jason Pearce needless fouls forty yards from goal. He doesn't win enough headers. If an opponent gets within five yards of the ball he kicks it away. I maintain that I don't think he's suited to our style of play and having him back there as opposed to Bauer or Sarr who are comfortable on the ball made getting out of our own half that much harder. He looked like the 20 year old.

Konsa: 6: to me it looked like the attacker (Whalley?) fell into him for the pen, but I've not had a chance to watch it back. I thought he did what he could. He was not the problem today, and I think he's much stronger than he gets credit for.

DaSilva: 6: nice to see he's human after all.

Kashi: 6.5: he actually did a very good job of winning the ball and breaking up their attacks, he just gave it away far too often. Some of that is down to Shrewsbury absolutely flooding him as soon as he got it.

Marshall: 4: I don't understand why Reeves gets so much stick and he doesn't. He looks awful. He looks scared with the ball at his feet. He reminds me of Shaun Wright-Phillips at Chelsea. He seems like a lovely guy and he works really hard but he just looks all out of sorts.

Aribo: 6.5: Looked better in the last 20 or so but thought the game completely passed him by and he was largely anonymous. Didn't go looking for the ball, didn't run beyond Josh. Last week was promising. This week kind of confirmed my fears about him as a 10. He really needs space to run in to and he's not comfortable picking up the ball on the half turn.

Forster-Caskey: 6: Got stuck in. See Kashi.

Kaikai: 5: I don't think he was nearly as bad as others have made out. In the first few minutes he showed glimpses of what he's capable of. He just went missing for much of the rest. Don't think he was any worse than Marshall.

Magennis: 6: He tried. Had absolutely nothing to work with after the first few minutes. Drew a good save from Henderson early on but if that is another foot or two to the left who knows. Kind of sums up his season.

Fosu: 6: Tried to run at them a bit hut the damage was done when he came on.

• Options
    Amos: 6.5 - good penalty save and not too much else to do
    Solly: 3.5 - exceptionally poor. The time has come for Djiksteel or Konsa to come into the side at right back
    Pearce: 3.5 - had a stinker but hopefully it's largely ring rust and he'll be better next time out
    Konsa: 5.5 - looked polished, as usual, but a poor challenge to concede the penalty and lost his man for the second goal
    DaSilva: 6.5 - some nice footwork. Let's hope his injury's not serious
    Kashi: 6 - gave the ball away on a number of occasions but at least he tried to break things up in the second half when most of the team had given up
    Marshall: 4 - poor and lacking confidence
    Aribo: 7: MoM - clever in tight spaces and also did well at left back after JDS went off
    Forster-Caskey: 4 - poor. Made no impression on the game and contributed next to nothing
    Kaikai: 3.5 - lamentable and pretty half-hearted
    Magennis: 6 - as ever, he worked hard but was isolated
    Fosu: 7 - added some quality and verve and was responsible for our sole second half effort
  • Options
    Amos: 7 Extra point for the penalty saved
    Pearce: 5
    Konsa: 4.5 Scored on the basis he gave away the penalty and second goal
    DaSilva: 7 MOM as he is most games
    Marshall: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Magennis: 6
  • Options

AYour marks please

Amos: 6
    Solly: 4.5
    Pearce: 5
    Konsa: 5.5
    Marshall:4
    Aribo: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Magennis:5.5
    Fosu: 5

• Options
    Solly: 6 going forward good, getting slow though.
    Pearce: 5 made a couple rash attempted interceptions.
    Konsa: 4 the penalty stupid.
    DaSilva: 7
    Aribo: 7 motm.
    Forster-Caskey: 4 His set piece deliveries very poor, defence poor.
    Magennis: 6, left very isolated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos: 7 Couldn't do anything about the goals
    Solly: 2 Used to be so tenacious in the tackle but was quite the opposite on sat.
    Pearce: 5 Clearly needs more game time
    Konsa: 3 always looking to draw the foul, awful in the air, gave away the pen and let his man go for the 2nd.
    Embarrassing to see him on the floor then leap up when the loose ball rolled his way.
    DaSilva: 7 Did well
    Kashi: 7 Gives his all, likes to get on the ball but needs better players in the engine room with him
    Marshall: 6 meh
    Aribo: 6 see above
    Forster-Caskey: 5 wants to play 4 yard passes, but fails to get the ball turned over and moving quickly enough. Allowed the Shrews to regroup and gain shape far too often.
    Magennis: 6 , feel for the big man
  • Options
    Amos: 7 (Fantastic penno save, few dodgy kicks but solid)
    Solly: 5 (Worried he's done)
    Pearce: 4 (Poor all round)
    Konsa: 5 (Gave a silly Penalty away)
    DaSilva: 6 (Great movement, but held onto the ball for too long)
    Kashi: 5 (Sloppy in comparison to his usual standard)
    Marshall: 4 (What does he offer?)
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Kaikai: 6.5 (Lively and will get better)
    Magennis: 5 (He got muscled off the ball far too easily, and didn't look interested)
    Fosu: 5.5

I didn't think Shrewsbury were that great, we could have been 2 up after 4 minutes. They looked shaky at the back when we threatened, but they won the game. In midfield they wanted the ball more, and kept it well.
  • Options
    Missed the first 10mins as we were stuck in traffic on the woolwich road. bloody annoying!

Amos: 4 good pen save, not sure he could do much about their 1st, and it was shocking defending all round for the 2nd. Takes an age to release the ball, which is frustrating when you're losing!

Solly: 3 a torrid afternoon

Pearce: 2 committed, but awful. Every time he went near an opponent it was an accident waiting to happen!

Konsa: 3 probably our best defender, but that ain't saying much! The play acting was embarrassing and he should have been booked for that

DaSilva: 3 tried hard but got outmuscled so many times. Distribution was terrible and he never gets his head up to See a better option after beating a couple of men.

Kashi: 3 poor all round

Marshall: 2 crossing was awful, but he rarely has anyone to aim at, in his defence. Was expecting a lot more from him, but it just hasn't worked out so far

Aribo: 3 keep hearing great things about this lad, but both times I've seen him he's been totally anonymous. His control is shocking. Where was he supposed to be playing today?

Forster-caskey: 3 Kept going until the end, but nothing he tried came off. Not helped by the early-ish booking and looked scared to get stuck in after that

kaikai: 0 who does this prick think he is? Total waste of space and contributed nothing! The one time he broke into a sprint was when he got subbed! He couldn't wait to get off the pitch. Send him back to Selhurst ffs! Ps. My views may be clouded by CPFC connections, and I'm prepared to declare him a footballing god if he scores in the next game ha!

magennis: 4 work his nuts off with absolutely no supply. Got stuck in when there was some pushing and shoving. Pretty useless all round though

fosu: did his best and almost scored a cracker. Too little to late though

Ajose: worked hard

Zyro: no time to influence proceedings, but showed a nice touch to cut the ball bavk to the edge of the area just after coming on

Shrewsbury were excellent and their fans created a great atmosphere. Hope they go up.
  • Options
    Amos 6. Good penalty save couldn't do much about the two goals in my opinion
    Solly - 3. Becoming a problem which is very sad but right now he is a liability
    Pearce - 5. Didn't look to be on the pace and was found out a couple of times
    Konsa - 6 Didn't get his move in January and his body language shows but at least he has some quality
    Da Silva- 7 Our most consistent player and should be a shoe in for POS hope the injury is no serious
    Kashi - 4.5 Does try hard but especially in the second half when pressed he made some dreadful mistakes.
    Marshall- 3 If he is a "Marquee" signing then god help the rest. No end product, runs backwards useless
    Aribo - 6 was lively at the start and there is a very good footballer in there but he looked a bit isolated and confused as to his role
    Foster Caskey -5 Tried but as said was outnumbered and out muscled
    Kaikai - 3 May be a good player but sorry to say loanees are not the answer and this boy is a good example why
    Magennis-5 Does work hard but today he hardly got anything of the central defenders.
    Fosu- 5.5 Always dangerous but needs better support (he misses Billy Clarke)

Robinson - 2 Clueless most of the time when it comes to subs and is so embedded with the current system he cannot see that against teams like Shrewsbury it doesn't work