Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

17/18 Charlton Handbook arrives on Saturday

Comments

• Options
    Negatives
    Releasing a guide to the 17/18 season when we are already 3/4 of the way through that season is laughable.

Positives
    I presume that having waited this long to publish it means that Katrien will have had no input into the content (apart from the fact that it's a handbook about a 3rd division club with gates of 7-8,000).

So, on balance, probably a good decision to delay it until now.
  • Options
    my source says the Australians were ready to print in August but Roland was waiting for confirmation Peter Varney was not going to be involved in purchasing the printing presses.
  • Options
    Bizarre to issue it in February. At least in August you can get excited about the new summer signings, and will it still include players like Holmes who have now left?
  • Options

Bizarre to issue it in February. At least in August you can get excited about the new summer signings, and will it still include players like Holmes who have now left?

When was the last time we got excited about a summer signing?
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    My source says they were ready in August but the post office lost them!
  • Options
    Stig said:

I'd like to know why this has been sat on for six months. My only guess is that Meire has for some reason blocked publication and that it can go ahead now that she's out of the way. Anyone able to shed some light?

I'm lead to believe that is one factor.

The programme is also up to 60 pages which I don't think is a coincidence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's interesting Henry, when did the programme expand?

Unfortunately, my 'not a penny more' commitment means that I don't see them anymore, which is a bit of a bummer as a programme collector. I guess one day I'll have to get all the missing ones from ebay.
  • Options

Stig said:

I'd like to know why this has been sat on for six months. My only guess is that Meire has for some reason blocked publication and that it can go ahead now that she's out of the way. Anyone able to shed some light?

I'm lead to believe that is one factor.

The programme is also up to 60 pages which I don't think is a coincidence.
    Our programme is still pretty mediocre in terms of content when compared to other clubs. The MKD and Wigan programmes for example are 84 pages
  • Options
    Stig said:

That's interesting Henry, when did the programme expand?

Unfortunately, my 'not a penny more' commitment means that I don't see them anymore, which is a bit of a bummer as a programme collector. I guess one day I'll have to get all the missing ones from ebay.

After she left.
  • Options
    Perhaps, there is a delay in the production of the free CL Badge that is being given with each copy