Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• The honest answer is 'no'. I thought we drew at Derby that season.
  • Yes clearly - a number of fans had brought tubes of Pringles in anticipation and duly tossed them like confetti when he scored.
  • One of the best away games that season (we only won 4 so not difficult). Spent the weekend in Matlock Bath.
  • I remember it well. Was there with my daughter with complimentary tickets amongst Derby supporters in the main stand. Got some dodgy looks at us from the home crowd when Pringle scored. He'd missed a few of those in his time!
  • Was at Wembley that day watching Ireland beat Wales in the Six Nations but on the train home felt we had the momentum and a great chance of staying up.
  • This was the game when @1905 and 4 other weightier gentleman were in the car as it reversed out the drive and grounded on it as it was so low.

Remember it well. Plod watched us all squeeze out when we got to Derby and couldn’t believe the car had made it up there.
  • I remember being at at home, listening to it on the radio. It was within a good little spell of results for us that, unfortunately, we couldn't carry through to the end of the season.
  • don't remember it at all -must have been playing golf as I didn't go.
  • Fast forward 19 years and we are run by a miserly Belgian coffin dodger who thinks he can dance but knows more about football and that is fuck all!
  • Sponsored links:

• John Barnes could hardly stand at the end of the game. I remember the away supporters pub more than I remember the game. Half my life ago now, scary
  • The challenge at 27 seconds!
  • I don't know if I love these old clips or hate them!

I love them because they bring back wonderful memories of when we were a proper football club with a superb management structure, playing under a wonderful manager and a team packed with super pros like Rufus, Kiely, Kinsella etc. Great days to be a Charlton supporter as there really was an expectation we could turn over the big boys.

I hate them because they remind me how far this club has fallen and the time it will take to get back to those earlier days. Or indeed if we ever will (particularly in my lifetime!)
  • That f***ing "tackle" on Jones!!! Two reds for that nowadays...
  • Agree on that tackle...x-rated. Keith was a tough cookie and probably just got up and got on with it. Good player. Good in promotion teams - twice for us and once for Reading.
  • Absolutely no recall of this at all.
  • Agree on that tackle...x-rated. Keith was a tough cookie and probably just got up and got on with it. Good player. Good in promotion teams - twice for us and once for Reading.

One of my all time favourite Addicks.
  • Remember listening to that on Millenium Radio. I leapt up as Mark Mansfield suddenly excitedly screamed "PRINGLE'S IN!". He then immediately dropped his voice and caveated "he's got a long way to go though....". Then an agonising pause which felt like about an hour... "AND HE'S SCORED!!!!!" Cue a lot of shouting and my mum telling me to keep the noise down.

Listening to games on the good old wireless on Millenium back in those days was a very worthy substitute when you couldn't get to them yourself!
  • NLA's birthday piss up in derby great day out this one
  • I went to that game and was convinced Pringle was going to miss, having done all the hard work.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think we drank in The Brewery Tap or something like that that game .
    Went on the train was absolutely slaughtered by kick off .
    Lots of Chelsea (possibly at Sheff Wed) on the rain on the way home I think
  • Blimey, 19 years.
  • Blimey, 19 years.

Yes ... and in the blink of an eye I’m a spit away from 60. Can believe where the last 20 years have gone