Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things we won't discuss...

edited February 2018 in Not Sports Related
1) Jeremy Corbyn accused by TWO national newspapers as an informant to the Eastern Bloc intelligence services in the 1970/80's
2) Jo Cox's husband being a self confessed sex pest.

Now what I find really interesting is that the BBC reports story 2) but not story 1).
Maybe story 1) has been discussed on other threads (I don't personally look at the long political threads on here) but surely a story of such magnitude deserves its own?
Story 2) is a very distasteful one and I understand that no one wants to bring it up because Jo Cox's story is one of the most awful cases in modern UK history.

Both stories been around for a few days now...

Comments

• Options
    Black lives matter. 100 % correct, so why are the Black community so against the stop and search which could stop so many young black people killing other young black people ? Why aren't more questions asked about the dubious "friendships" of the Royal family with so many reprobates. Charles and Saville, Andrew and Kazakhstan oligarchs. Andrew and USA sex criminal. These things are muted but are quickly quashed by the powers that be.
  • Options
    I'll discuss these things
  • Options
    They just touched upon the jo cox’s husband story on peston
  • Options
    Tony Benn was against the common market and the conglomerate it became, the EU. So was his little disciple Jeremy Corbyn. Most of the new wave of young labour member and voters think the EU is the greatest creation since the internet. Discuss that conundrum.
  • Options
    Yep. Give us the detail.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Stig said:

Strongly suspect the Beeb haven't mentioned the Corbyn thing 'cos it's a load of old shit. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-czech-spy-response-labour-leader-cold-war-jan-dymic-mp-communist-eastern-bloc-a8212416.html

The Mail and The Sun have rather less qualms about editorial checking. If you wan't to start digging people out for having agendas, they'd be the first to expose every time.

The Independent's own agenda has been pretty clear over the last two years too, and that article is little more than quotations from the Labour press office - not exactly the finest source.. I urge you to read the thoughts of John Schindler - former NSA analyst and counterintelligence lecturer at the US Naval War College - and consider the context around the timing of those meetings.

London had expelled over 20 Eastern Bloc diplomats in the 12 months leading up to the meetings - meetings which have not been refuted - because it was well known that diplomatic cover was being abused for the purposes of intelligence collection. So what does that provide us?

1. Corbyn knowingly met a Czech diplomat on 3 occasions at a period where there was a high amount of coverage over similar diplomats were being expelled for intelligence collection.

2. Neither the Jeremy Corbyn, Labour Party, or the Czech Security Forces Archive have denied these meetings.

3. Corbyn was documented as discussing “issues along foreign counterintelligence", of which he was "very well informed".

4. The individual Corbyn met with - Jan Dymic - was subsequently expelled from the UK 3 years later.

Subsequently, Czech spy-handler Jan Sarkocy has now came to the front and claimed that he was Corbyn's handler (i.e the elusive Jan Dymic). How reliable his words are - available on Sky - remains to be seen, but considering he's not only the primary source, but also held the correct positions at the time.. it's difficult to dismiss his claims of paying JC.

With that context, it's increasing difficult to see how this can be disregarded as "a load of old shit". At the very least he was incredibly naive, almost unbelievably so.
  • Options
    I am intrigued as to which national secrets Corbyn would have had access to. He was never in power.
    Maybe Corbyn is a 'sleeper' for Czechoslovakia.
    Maybe Rees Mogg is a sleeper for the Illuminati.
    Maybe Gove is a sleeper for worldwide Masonic domination.
    Maybe Goldilocks is a sleeper.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Riviera said:

1) Jeremy Corbyn accused by TWO national newspapers as an informant to the Eastern Bloc intelligence services in the 1970/80's
    2) Jo Cox's husband being a self confessed sex pest.

Now what I find really interesting is that the BBC reports story 2) but not story 1).
    Maybe story 1) has been discussed on other threads (I don't personally look at the long political threads on here) but surely a story of such magnitude deserves its own?
    Story 2) is a very distasteful one and I understand that no one wants to bring it up because Jo Cox's story is one of the most awful cases in modern UK history.

Both stories been around for a few days now...

You could have started the discussion yourself I suppose, rather than pursue some weird agenda that CL and the BBC is a hotbed of Momentum activists but hey ho...

FWIW I've just read the Telepgraph piece which is so short on any detail it's laughable. It's based on the word of one man claiming to have met Corbyn et al at various times for reasons unspecified and includes reference to McDonnell meeting with spies in places he'd never been until last year for a Labour party meeting. As Red Ken himself puts it, as a backbench MP without access to anything, what could he have told them?

The Czech Security Forces are quoted in the article themselves as having no record of Corbyn as being a "registered collaborator" nor is there any record existing to support any collaboration.

I'm no big fan of those allegedly involved but with even a cursory reading of the article it's obviously little more than a poor attempt at proping up the confirmation bias for their readers.
    ..that's not really a fair account of what's going on though.

The meetings have never been denied, and the records do exist that confirm the meetings met. Both the Czech Archives and Labour have confirmed the meetings took place, just denied that the meetings were that of a spy and his handler.

Once you have confirmation that the meetings took place, you then have the context of the timing - i.e diplomatic expulsions - in addition to the quotes made by the alleged Czech intelligence officer. Add in the well documented comments from the ex-head of MI6, and it's beginning to get quite difficult to ignore.

As I've mentioned above - personally I can't see Corbyn being a spy, if only because I doubt he'd possess the required insight or cunning. However, it would appear quite obvious he was at least being groomed, and was certainly very naive.

The Sun is a garbage source, and whilst the same can be said about subsequent outlets that have covered this situation, it's worth noting that even the undisputed facts - i.e the meetings and timings - are in themselves quite concerning.
  • Options
    Brendan Cox - what a massive letdown!

• Options
    Bunch of right wingers in "trying to pretend they are not really digging out left wingers" shocker.

If you "...can't see Corbyn being a spy..." why waste time and energy pontificating about it? Just tell the OP that you think the reason why the Beeb isn't reporting it, is because its crap?

You are fooling no one. Why not worry about the pile of poo the Tories have created that is going on right now?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Brendan Cox - what a massive letdown!

It even scans!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVXgTz49wNk
  • Options

Bunch of right wingers in "trying to pretend they are not really digging out left wingers" shocker.

If you "...can't see Corbyn being a spy..." why waste time and energy pontificating about it? Just tell the OP that you think the reason why the Beeb isn't reporting it, is because its crap?

You are fooling no one. Why not worry about the pile of poo the Tories have created that is going on right now?

It's quite possible to see issues on both sides of an argument, I'd even go as far as to say it's a part of being an adult.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

It's quite possible to see issues on both sides of an argument, I'd even go as far as to say it's a part of being an adult.
    Abolutely - you should try it sometime.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

LuckyReds said:

You know... nothing about me?

I've literally just finished writing a letter to my MP that's called out my own party as immoral and incomprehensible, before ending with: "Make no mistake, and I write this as a Conservative: the situation that our party has dealt the police shall go down in history as one of our greatest shames.". Hardly sounds like I'm blinded by playing party politics..

So.. erh... wind your neck in, and don't assume everyone is else is so blinded with partisanship that they can't see simple facts? I'm far from someone who constantly sings from a party hymn-sheet. Cheers.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Also part of being an adult is being able to critically assess 'information'' before hanging your hat (aka starting a thread) on it.

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

You know... nothing about me?

I've literally just finished writing a letter to my MP that ends with:
    Not only does the Conservative party’s treatment of the police seem incomprehensible with regards to history, and it’s traditional values, but it also appears to be little more than an immoral gamble being played with the lives of those we rely upon the most.

Make no mistake, and I write this as a Conservative: the situation that our party has dealt the police shall go down in history as one of our greatest shames.
    So.. erh... wind your neck in, and don't assume everyone is so blinded with partisanship to see simple facts? Cheers, bud.

You rebel! I bet you wore non-uniform socks to school once too...
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

Also part of being an adult is being able to critically assess 'information'' before hanging your hat (aka starting a thread) on it.

Agreed wholeheartedly, I took exception to the "bunch of right wingers" comment though as clearly that would include me - as I think I'm one of the only ones suggesting that there may actually be more than meets the eye.

As mentioned above, numerous times, those thinking Corbyn was some kind of spy have clearly been misled; but it doesn't seem a huge leap to argue that he was actively being groomed. I think that even fits in with the Czech Security Forces Archive's statement (via Svetlana Ptáčníková) - which only confirms he was not a collaborator? There's been no argument around the meetings, merely the nature of them; and I've pointed towards why the timing of those meetings raises a few eyebrows.
  • Options
    The issue here is how and why the story is being reported. It is not in the national interest. It is not in the public interest. It is because the increasingly right-wing press is shook.