Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leon Bailey

I noticed he scored the first Leverkusen goal today

Thats 9 in 20 league games
Still currently able to play for England.

Think we need to snap him up before Jamaica do

Comments

• I doubt whether he would get ahead of Kane,Vardy,Roshford,Sterling.....
  • I doubt whether he would get ahead of Kane,Vardy,Roshford,Sterling.....

Not saying he should go to World Cup but we need to tie him down before Jamaica do

Rashford 2 in 15 for england
    Vardy is 10 years older than Bailey
  • If he was that good it would have been sorted.
  • Anyone honestly say u can do better than

-----Wilshire Dier-----
    Sterling Ali Bailey
    ----------Kane-----------
  • Anyone honestly say u can do better than

-----Wilshire Dier-----
    Sterling Ali Bailey

You need a goalie...
  • Got to put Gareth Barry in there after his performance in Barcelona the other night.
  • Riviera said:

Anyone honestly say u can do better than

-----Wilshire Dier-----
    Sterling Ali Bailey

You need a goalie...
    ------Pickford-----
    Walker Stones Jones Bertrand
    -----Wilshire Dier-----
    Sterling Ali Bailey

That better
  • No Gomez mate?
  • No Gomez mate?

Maybe dislodges Jones depending on form
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018
    Wasn't Southgate looking at playing three at the back in recent friendlies?

You could have Gomez, Jones and Stones at the back, Walker and Bertrand as the wing backs.

Dier and another in the middle (please not Livermore and don't fancy Wilshere, made of glass) with Kane, Sterling and a third player in the front three.

If that player is Bailey based on his Bundesliga form then so be it. Think it would help having more players on the team that the average armchair fan knows little to nothing about.

Even Bailey can play as a left wing back in a 3-4-2-1 formation I believe. We do love a versatile player or two in the squad.
  • I noticed he scored the first Leverkusen goal today

You do realise it’s his choice what country he represents, not who calls him up first

You do realise it’s his choice what country he represents, not who calls him up first
    Fully aware of that.

But if england havent spoke to him and Jamaica call him up he will just go for it.

But if we have spoken to him and told him he has a good chance to play for us he may reject a jamaican call up

Fully aware of that.

But if england havent spoke to him and Jamaica call him up he will just go for it.

But if we have spoken to him and told him he has a good chance to play for us he may reject a jamaican call up
    FFS!!!
    As I said earlier...If he's any good he would have been sorted. You and Twitter etc have not discovered him!
  • Riviera said:

Fully aware of that.

FFS!!!
    As I said earlier...If he's any good he would have been sorted. You and Twitter etc have not discovered him!
    Oh really are you sure.
    I thought I did discover him

I guess you are right at 21 he is to old to break through and would have been a international player at the age of 16.

How old was Vardy when he got his first cap??

• Being reported by the Mirror at least...

Being reported by the Mirror at least...

Old news! Been around for a long time.
  • I hadn't heard of him either. According to the article he's eligible for Jamaica, England, Belgium and Malta.

A quote on his Wikipedia page says he's had personal problems with the Jamaican FA since he was 11 or 12. Looks like they've already tried to call him up but for whatever reason he's not wanted to play for them.
  • Riviera said:

Fully aware of that.

FFS!!!
    Not necessarily. England have been rightly criticised for letting Zaha represent Ivory Coast and Iwobi represent Nigeria when they both could play for England. Both may not have been starters, but they represent good options.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2018

Riviera said:

Fully aware of that.

FFS!!!
    Not necessarily. England have been rightly criticised for letting Zaha represent Ivory Coast and Iwobi represent Nigeria when they both could play for England. Both may not have been starters, but they represent good options.
    Zaha would have been handy to bring off the bench and cheat win a penalty.

• I've never seen this Bailey play, but I would automatically prefer him to watching Townsend or Lingard play for England
  • Shhh as a Leverkusen fan...don't draw too much attention.
  • Riviera said:

Fully aware of that.

FFS!!!
    Zaha would have been handy to bring off the bench and cheat win a penalty.

Which we would immediately miss!
  • Jones in the England side!!! At the Valley he'd be behind Bauer, Konsa and Sarr.
  • England Defence for me would be

Gomez - Stones - Maguire

The three kept Germany and Brazil at bay in November, have the same three again for Holland and Italy, create familiarity between the Defence and go to the World Cup with them, barring any really ridiculous errors
  • England Defence for me would be

Gomez - Stones - Maguire

The three kept Germany and Brazil at bay in November, have the same three again for Holland and Italy, create familiarity between the Defence and go to the World Cup with them, barring any really ridiculous errors

Fair shout but I'd have Maguire through the middle with Gomez and Stones either side.
  • In terms of Bailey he's only 20-years old so call him up to the U21 Squad next month...

See what happens and go from there - If he's prepared to do that then its a sure sign he wants to play for England
  • Bailey can’t play for England. The rumor has probably done the rounds as he’s got two grandparents with British passports but neither were born in England so that rules him out.

He could only have played for Belgium or Germany due to residence but he wasn’t in Belgium long enough and won’t have been in Germany long enough until 2025, so Jamaica it is then