Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Things to do at Feb half term

What are those with little ones up to?

My missus usually organises a programme with military precision.

This year for a change im lucky enough to be spending three days with 8 year old son.

En route Portsmouth for the Victory, then next on tomthe tank museum in Dorset.

Should be other stuff to see, perhaps in Dorchester.

Comments

• Trying out Dinosaurs in the Wild tomorrow
  • razil said:

This year for a change im lucky enough to be spending three days with 8 year old son.

Action Stations in Portsmouth is good apparently, my nephew loved it last year.
  • Avoid all public transport or museums

*only applies to non parents
  • Dinasours in the wild on the peninsula I thought was excellent - went on Sat
  • I think the standard thing to do is get on a busy commuter train with 4 children, 8 bags, a dog, a pram and a ladder. Get on the front of the train as that is the busiest part and start ordering commuters around so you can sit some of your little shits together. Complain you cant all fit in together. Block the doors with your pram/buggy. Do nothing while your little shits scream their heads off, cry, kick people, and generally annoy literally everyone on the train. Push through people to take the little shits to the toilet one by one. Delay the teain leaving by about 15 mins whilst you gather each of your little shits bags, toys and items together before getting off the train.

Just generally go out there to ruin people's day.

That's what people usually do at half term.

But don’t forget, if it’s a south eastern train, it probably won’t even turn up.
  • I think the standard thing to do is get on a busy commuter train with 4 children, 8 bags, a dog, a pram and a ladder. Get on the front of the train as that is the busiest part and start ordering commuters around so you can sit some of your little shits together. Complain you cant all fit in together. Block the doors with your pram/buggy. Do nothing while your little shits scream their heads off, cry, kick people, and generally annoy literally everyone on the train. Push through people to take the little shits to the toilet one by one. Delay the teain leaving by about 15 mins whilst you gather each of your little shits bags, toys and items together before getting off the train.

Happy half term everyone!
  • Parents, take the kids to see the many sites and land marks of London, loads of free stuff and plenty of walking.
    All I ask, don't get on the 16:13 Orpington train, there are many others.
  • Trying out Dinosaurs in the Wild tomorrow

No need to insult all the West Stand regulars like that :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• went to the science museum yesterday, not with kids but just for something to do got a lot of stuff for young ones to do, only thing i found is although free entry a lot of the attractions are ticketed.
  • Booked to see Coco at the cinema, then daughter wants a maccy D. It's amazing what passes for a treat when you are 6. Planning a bike ride as well.
  • razil said:

go to Monkey World, a great day out
  • went to the science museum yesterday, not with kids but just for something to do got a lot of stuff for young ones to do, only thing i found is although free entry a lot of the attractions are ticketed.

Went there a few months back and found it to be dilapidated and with hardly any of the interactive services working.

Extremely disappointed with the place as had fond memories from when I was a kid.
  • I've got 2 kids off on half term this week, so I will be....

....in work Monday - Friday!

:smiley:
  • razil said:

Dinasours in the wild on the peninsula I thought was excellent - went on Sat

Blimey, zoos have come a long way since I took my little 'uns. Who says that life imitates art.........
  • edited February 2018
    We are going to Efteling on Thursday afternoon and coming back on Sunday evening. It's a theme park in Eindhoven. Looks a lot of fun - if a little nippy at the moment. I reckon the kids will enjoy themselves and me and wifey get to spend a few days away from the grief of work.

https://efteling.com/en

aside from that they are outwith Grandma today and then childminders for Tuesday and Wednesday
  • Swisdom said:

We are going to Efteling on Thursday afternoon and coming back on Sunday evening. It's a theme park in Eindhoven. Looks a lot of fun - if a little nippy at the moment. I reckon the kids will enjoy themselves and me and wifey get to spend a few days away from the grief of work.

https://efteling.com/en

aside from that they are outwith Grandma today and then childminders for Tuesday and Wednesday

Very interested to know what you think of this. They had a stand at Bluewater a few weeks back and now my 5 year old wants to go!
  • I'm working all week apart from Tuesday afternoon when me and the Mrs are going out for lunch/on the piss then to see Jim Davidson.

the kids prefer their grandparents to me and their mum anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

Went there a few months back and found it to be dilapidated and with hardly any of the interactive services working.

Extremely disappointed with the place as had fond memories from when I was a kid.
    i went yesterday with the Mrs just for something to do, didn't bother with natural history as the sea of selfie sticks and tourists was too much.

admittedly didn't try out any of the interactive stuff. we did do the red arrows flight simulator which was quite good but paid for.

Suffering from a touch of paedophobia there Canters!!
  • razil said:

I think Monkeyworld is quite near Portsmouth. There is also Peppa Pig World down that way although he may have outgrown Peppa Pig at the age of 8.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Come to London and spend all day being driven around in black cabs

Do you arrange mortgages?
  • razil said:

Dinasours in the wild on the peninsula I thought was excellent - went on Sat

what age do you think its suitable for mate? I've got a 5yr and 2 1/2yr who really into Dino stuff...
  • edited February 2018
    LenGlover said:

razil said:

I think Monkeyworld is quite near Portsmouth. There is also Peppa Pig World down that way although he may have outgrown Peppa Pig at the age of 8.
    Nope, Monkey World is right by the Tank Museum...Peppa Pig World is part of a larger place called Paultons Park. Aged 8 is a pretty good age to be going there (not to the Peppa Pig world bit). You drive past Paultons Park on the way to Monkey World from Portsmouth, it's J2 of the M27, a little after Southampton.

You've got the Sealife Centre @ Weymouth which is a short drive on from the Tank Museum. Not bad for the kids.

Suffering from a touch of paedophobia there Canters!!
    Careful.
  • Tank museum is excellent, we used to do all our offsite meetings there. The restoration centre is worth walking across to if open, good to see the tanks before restoration.
  • Took the kids to the British museum yesterday. First time I've been. Bloody Mahoosive.