Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Villa v Blues

Detest Birmingham.

Is there ANYONE who would rather they win than Villa?

Comments

• I couldn’t really care less who wins but it’s been a decent game so far
  • Villa all day long.

Always liked Villa as one of the big traditional clubs and remember their European cup win well.

Also never met a plastic Villa fan. Sure there must be some but in London it is all plastic Arsenal, West Ham, Chelsea, Millwall, Man Utd and in particular Liverpool.

And Brum have a lot of scummy fans too.
  • Soft spot for Aston Villa.

And Liverpool, York City, Northampton Town, Dundee United (not Dundee, obviously), Nuneaton, Eichede, Eintracht Rheine, Erzgebirge Aue, Épernay Champagne...

Apart from the obvious (Charlton) who else should be on that list?
  • Cant stand Birmingham, backed Villa to finish 2nd a month ago at 11/2.

Up the villa
  • Can see Carl Jenkinson is in the team for Birmingham.
  • Always look fondly back on my trips to St Andrews, home fans carrying toddlers spitting and throwing things over the fence that separated them from us bewildered away fans
  • Can see Carl Jenkinson is in the team for Birmingham.

Indeed, SELR.

I was asking only the other day where he was playing his football .

Getting slated by the commentator who thought he should have been red carded after his latest reckless tackle.

Having a very poor afternoon it seems.
  • Villa all day long - proper club, decent and realistic fans, and a proud heritage. Pretty much all the things Birmingham are not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never liked Villa since they beat us 11-1. Don't care about Birmingham one way or the other.
  • cfgs said:

Always look fondly back on my trips to St Andrews, home fans carrying toddlers spitting and throwing things over the fence that separated them from us bewildered away fans

My memory exactly. People snarling and yes some spitting. Also remember Jasper Carrot coming onto the pitch making jokes at our expense. One of the clubs I like to dislike.

• Jack Grealish nailing the post match interview there.
    'Like I said, the main thing was to get the three points' x5.
  • cfgs said:

Always look fondly back on my trips to St Andrews, home fans carrying toddlers spitting and throwing things over the fence that separated them from us bewildered away fans

My memory exactly. People snarling and yes some spitting. Also remember Jasper Carrot coming onto the pitch making jokes at our expense. One of the clubs I like to dislike.

JC was dressed head to foot in beige if I remember correctly
  • Jenkinson was not good and is possibly spiralling his way back down to us. Impressed with Villa - some good football and physically strong.
  • Ever since Barry Fry did a lap of honour when we were up there once, can’t take Birmingham seriously as a football club !
  • I noticed as soon as the second Villa goal went in (10 mins left), Steve Bruce told the sub to get ready to replace a striker.
    The guy came on to play "in front of the back four to protect them".

I wonder if Karl was watching ?
  • Detest Birmingham.

Is there ANYONE who would rather they win than Villa?

The Peaky Blinders definitely would.
  • Sponsored links:

• cfgs said:

One of the most satisfying results I’ve ever witnessed was us drawing 0 0 with them at that game, denying them a play off place.

We had to win and other results go our way to claim automatic promotion. The wanker of an announcer kept giving the scores of the other games throughout play as they were going against us. Illic had a worldly game and denied them several times.

As others have said, hordes of scumbags at the fence after the game gobbing and trying to get to us.

Hope they get sucked into the relegation places, can’t stand them.
    Yes, and them laughing at us because we didn't get automatic promotion - but we stopped them getting into the play-offs. weird.

tbh I don't mind either club but I would prefer Villa not to get promoted otherwise it glosses over the past few years of them being sh*te & it would seem like they deserved to be back in the Premiership.
  • cfgs said:

One of the most satisfying results I’ve ever witnessed was us drawing 0 0 with them at that game, denying them a play off place.

We had to win and other results go our way to claim automatic promotion. The wanker of an announcer kept giving the scores of the other games throughout play as they were going against us. Illic had a worldly game and denied them several times.

As others have said, hordes of scumbags at the fence after the game gobbing and trying to get to us.

Yes, and them laughing at us because we didn't get automatic promotion - but we stopped them getting into the play-offs. weird.

tbh I don't mind either club but I would prefer Villa not to get promoted otherwise it glosses over the past few years of them being sh*te & it would seem like they deserved to be back in the Premiership.
    If they get promoted then they do deserve to be back in the Premier League

That's how promotion and relegation work.
  • With their squad, Villa have every chance of promotion.
  • St. Andrews has a special place in all Charlton fans hearts though.
  • cfgs said:

Had a fire extinguisher thrown at my head at that game by one of those grubby c**ts. Hope they go down.
  • Was also at the 0-0 game up there. Aside from the rather unhappy lot outside after my abiding memory of the day was a skinhead Birmingham fan below us dressed in a long black leather jacket like some mafia don who spent about 90% of the game looking at the away fans working out which one he wanted to kill after the game
  • Never been to Villa Park (I somehow never went when we were in the PL) and of course when Villa were back in the Championship, we weren't...
  • cfgs said:

Best goalkeeping display I've ever seen on that day.
  • John Terry !!!!!