Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Doncaster v Charlton | Sat 10 Feb | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    castrust said:

Doncaster and Charlton have never drawn a game against each other in their 82 year history of matches.

The CASTrust take on this weekend's match can be seen here https://castrust.org/

1-1 then.
  • Options
    First game of the season for me, really excited,
  • Options
    Will be interested to see if Zyro and Ajose get some game time.
  • Options
    Ok we are not in the play-offs at the minute but two points behind with two games in hand (ok one is away to Shrews) and 17 games to go it is totally foolhardy to write our play-off chances off.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    This is the least predictable match ever.
    I'm increasingly worried about Solly who isn't getting tight enough to his man, and is allowing crosses to come in unchallenged.
    Also, as I've said before, I'm worried about our attack-heavy side's ability (or even willingness) to defend. Marshall tracks back, and closes down. Not sure the rest do.
    I'm not sure I can see us winning this.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

This is the least predictable match ever.
    I'm increasingly worried about Solly who isn't getting tight enough to his man, and is allowing crosses to come in unchallenged.
    Also, as I've said before, I'm worried about our attack-heavy side's ability (or even willingness) to defend. Marshall tracks back, and closes down. Not sure the rest do.
    I'm not sure I can see us winning this.

Solly had been a concern all season. It's not a coincidence that whoever plays on the right side has to be very defensively disciplined to protect him. It's effected Reeves and Clarke's games when they've been put there. Marshall does it well.

Even his characteristic 1-v-1 defending has been lackluster of late. He got turned inside out on a couple of occasions against Walsall.
  • Options
    Looking in my Magic 8 Ball...

"Soapy sick as a chip at 5 o'clock on Saturday"

1-0 Doncaster
  • Options
    Would like to see aribo start at 10 and fosu wide but won't happen. 1-1 Marshall
  • Options
    Have a great day out and safe journey home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Shame you ain't coming mate I'd like to buy you a beer
  • Options
    1-1 draw

Off topic, but I thinks it’s a decade since the Luke Barney brace against Palarse, admin where’s the thread!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    we surprise everyone and 'nick' it by the odd goal - 1-0, 2-1.
  • Options
    Convincing win 0-3 Aribo Mag and Ajose.
  • Options
    No wins in 2018 for Donny, so the pools panel having seen their playing Charlton, have it down as a home win.
  • Options
    Think we'll smash them today.
  • Options

Shame you ain't coming mate I'd like to buy you a beer
    Yes indeed...and ditto...I am in Blackpool though end of April for a few days with her indoors.
  • Options
    Genuinely could go anyway this one. I think we are better suited away from home at the minute, but I don’t trust our defence to keep a clean sheet and I think we’ll miss Mavididi

• Options
    Another glamour tie to set the pulse racing.

Another tippy tappy crappy defeat.

• Options
    Feeling quite pessimistic about this one. I think last week will have seriously dented confidence and the coaching staff have a big job to do. That said I’m generally wrong with predictions so here’s hoping.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Genuinely could go anyway this one. I think we are better suited away from home at the minute, but I don’t trust our defence to keep a clean sheet and I think we’ll miss Mavididi

Yeah I think amidst all the kibbitzing about Robinson it's been lost that Mav is a big loss. His ability to interchange with Magennis has made the latter look much better the last couple weeks. I hope Kaikai had the ability to run in behind, because that ability to stretch defenses is huge.

When we played Donny at home they made a change in the first half and stuck Kongolo on the right wing. He did an excellent job of pressing Jay and really keeping him from getting forward. I expect them to do that, or something similar again. We'll need to be patient, and I'd they stop us going down one side either look down the other or flood that side and then switch play.
  • Options
    If we are leading with 10 minutes to go, just shut up shop and secure the points. I don't relish a repeat experience of that body slam of a disappointment served up last week.
    Hoping for a win but you know what Charlton are like.
  • Options
    2 - 1 to Charlton .
  • Options
    Reeves will probably start today 2-1 Charlton
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Reeves will probably start today 2-1 Charlton

Fair enough. Will hopefully mean he plays mostly through the middle. In our last away game (I think) against Bury he looked very good when playing through the middle.

Amos
    Solly Konsa Bauer DaSilva
    ....... F-Caskey Kashi
    Marshall Reeves Fosu
    ........... Magennis
  • Options
    I don't know for sure it's just my opinion
  • Options

Another glamour tie to set the pulse racing.

Another tippy tappy crappy defeat.

Are you Golfie's Dad ?

• Options
    Charlton will get the winner in Fergie time.
  • Options
    Just announced a pitch inspection at 14.55pm. Hope it's on!
  • Options
    We must win this one for my pissed state just like George Michael in 'they won't go when i go' I know......