Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Golf psychology survey

For the golfers amongst you I am currently a 3rd year sports science undergrad at the university of Essex. I am completing a research dissertation on the field of psychological skills and anxiety within the game of golf. Participation simply involves a quick 5-10 minute survey asking a few questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated and please do get in contact if you have any questions. The link to the survey is below. Thank you!

https://essex.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_byIwxCyXL0irR5j

P.S I'm using my Dad's account with his permission to spread this out there.

Comments

• Can't get anything from the link
  • Same happy to complete once fixed.
  • Likewise
  • Done, can you post your results when the research is finished?

Thanks
  • Wow this is long winded, on question 33 and seems like alot of the questions are just re-worded. I will complete but seems a bit OTT for me.
  • Saw this thread and assumed it was about @golfaddick who could probably do with a bit of psychological surveying ;-)
  • Wow this is long winded, on question 33 and seems like alot of the questions are just re-worded. I will complete but seems a bit OTT for me.

I understand this, however it's a measure to make sure participants are consistent with their answers. Just helps with validity and reliability purposes. Thank you for completing it though, all help is much appreciated.
  • Done, can you post your results when the research is finished?

Thanks

Will do, the final paper will be written up and presented by the end of May. Ill be sure to post it up for people to read.

I understand this, however it's a measure to make sure participants are consistent with their answers. Just helps with validity and reliability purposes. Thank you for completing it though, all help is much appreciated.
    No problem, just a bit of feedback, 1st group of questions seemed to repeat a bit or reworded. But next set was ok, i know what it can be like with surveys at work when you have to get the data so have very similar questions.

Good luck and would also be interested in the end result.

I am an recreational player so mentally will not be as much affected, basically i know i'm rubbish so accept i am going to hit more bad shots then good :)
  • Sponsored links:

No problem, just a bit of feedback, 1st group of questions seemed to repeat a bit or reworded. But next set was ok, i know what it can be like with surveys at work when you have to get the data so have very similar questions.

Good luck and would also be interested in the end result.

I am an recreational player so mentally will not be as much affected, basically i know i'm rubbish so accept i am going to hit more bad shots then good :)
    Thanks, yeah some surveys are a tad tedious. Ability is no matter for this survey, iv'e had a good range of participants such as yourself a recreational player to international players. More participants the merrier.
  • Done and good luck
    Answering those questions made me realise how confident I am when playing golf.......just a shame I don’t actually play the same way!
  • Done.

I do use NLP techniques when playing golf and I could recognise that in my responses (and many of the questions). Also, a bit like KK, confidence is never an issue, capability is though!
  • Done and good luck
    Answering those questions made me realise how confident I am when playing golf.......just a shame I don’t actually play the same way!

Completed - I'm the opposite - no confidence at all, and always waiting for the good round to blow up in my face !!
  • Done, by the sounds of it I’m like @Lordflashheart not overflowing with confidence. Although do have those days where everything just clicks and I just play.
  • The survey goes offline Sunday night, please complete it if you haven't done so already, currently at 342 participants, would love to take this up to 350. Cheers!
  • They're all nutters what more do you need to know?