Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roller Derby World Cup

Apparently, this is a thing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/42683851

From what I have gathered so far, you gain points by holding hands with people and pushing past other people who are also holding hands...

I'm not 100% sure if this is real or if my gf laced my dinner with something

Comments

• Yep it's a thing alright, never seen it in real life but I gather it's actually pretty rough.

All I know about it I learnt from the movie 'Whip it' which was actually surprisingly good.
  • I would have put money on it that Paulie had started this thread.
  • I would have put money on it that Paulie had started this thread.

Might have featured a few more highlights if he had
  • Went to watch a "match" in Stuttgart, was surprisingly good
  • edited February 2018
    Oh it's great fun. I have no fucking clue what the rules are, or how they score points, but it's still great to watch. Had mates who did it when I lived in Gainesville, FL, so went and watched. It's very violent.
  • I understand it's like Rollerball but without the ball or the motorbikes and not quite so much death.
  • Comfortably my favourite North American team sport - but it's only right if it's women doing it. The men's version is crap.

I would not want to be in the way of some of the heavies that trundle around the rink for my local ladies team - they are bruisers.
  • Was regularly on World of Sport in the 70s.
  • Roller Derby girls are all fucking mental. It's great to watch, but - yeah, I wouldn't want to be 'involved' with one of them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was coverage on BBC website at the weekend, which I missed.
    worst thing is they insist on pronouncing it durrby as in furrby not derby as in Derby like what it is sposed to be pronouned