Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Essex cricket 2018

Jamie flew out to Jamaica yesterday with England Lions. Will be in the Caribbean for nearly two months with the Lions, playing in the North v South ‘County’ game and also Essex v MCC. Tough life going to Jamaica, Antigua and Barbados!!

Comments

• Good luck to Jamie.
    Watching his career with interest.
  • Good luck to Jamie.

Ditto
  • Best of luck to him. Just saw that Ravi, Tendon, and Boom Boom Zaidi are off to Hong Kong for a tournament.

You'd expect no less from the CHAMPIOOOOONES :)
  • Jamie Who? sorry not been following this.
  • Good luck to Jamie.

Ditto
    Ditto Ditto

Porter. West Ham fan due to his uncle failing to educate him properly.
  • Never seen him bowl before, but just had a look on Youtube, firstly i always thought he was a leftie...wrong and 2) His bustling action reminds me of someone, cant think who though?

Ha. The wife is from a West Ham family and he was lost to the Hammers long before I was on the scene.

Am fighting the good fight with my 4 and 7 year olds though, but have had to sacrifice Kent for Essex at the altar of Charlton.

Pot and kettle given your allegiances Canters.
  • Never seen him bowl before, but just had a look on Youtube, firstly i always thought he was a leftie...wrong and 2) His bustling action reminds me of someone, cant think who though?

Could it be Neil Foster?
  • Sponsored links:

Can see similarities with Matthew Hoggard.

Charlton above all else that's what matters. I've explained the Surrey thing on here enough times.
  • MrOneLung said:

Jamie Who? sorry not been following this.

Ha. The wife is from a West Ham family and he was lost to the Hammers long before I was on the scene.

Am fighting the good fight with my 4 and 7 year olds though, but have had to sacrifice Kent for Essex at the altar of Charlton.
    They will at least be glad the Essex balances out the Charlton.

Charlton above all else that's what matters. I've explained the Surrey thing on here enough times.
    We believe you Canters honestly we do................
  • Essex have signed Peter Siddle for first 5 Championship games and Aussie leggie Adam Zampa for the T20 blast
  • Hoping we get another bowler for the second half of the season. Wagner was sold last season, or maybe Amir again, depending on availability. Rumours of Sam Northeast joining.
  • Porter took a couple for the lions this morning I believe. Didn't check the final score.
  • edited February 2018
    Against Jamaica XI
    He took 2-11 and TRJ 2-19 to leave them 36/4 in reply to 263/8D
  • Wagner has signed up again for all formats

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42981807

• Sponsored links:

• So the season starts on Friday with Essex away at a damp and cold Headingley in the opening fixture.
    Hand warmers required I should think.
  • Well the Essex season finally started today are the Yorkshire wash out

Bowled out for 150 against Lancs, who are 88-6 in reply (Porter 4-18)
  • How I missed cricket in April!
  • edited April 2018
    Well as mentioned on the other thread a good victory over Lancs who had s good go at it but fell 30 odd runs short.

Porter with another 4 in second innings to finish with 9-80 in match.
    Looks to be fully recovered from stress fracture in back and benefitting from the extra match fitness from the Lions Tour.
  • A quality win from the champions, and great contributions from Porter, Harmer, and also Foster with the bat. Low scoring matches are always knuckle biters.
  • Yorks win the toss and bat on a lovely sunny day. Lyth, Brook and Root all out for naught by Sam Cook! Root for a golden duck. Scenes!
  • And takes bairstow for his fourth! Porter also in on the act taking the wicket of the dangerous Pujara with a trademark LBW. Champiooonnneeesss
  • I think there have been a few words said regarding the 1st game of the season that was rained off without a ball being bowled despite no rain for those 4 days and that Essex have been looking forward to this rematch.

they beat them inside 2 days at the Scarborough Festival last season

• edited May 2018
    46/6 siddle joining in the fun. On paper, Yorkshire have a cracking batting line up
  • 44/7

Young Cook gets his 5-for.