Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    I have a season ticket and when bought was told I could/would get 4 free Womens tickets this season. The first game is on sale but no mention of free ticket being available - how will this work ?  Doesn't give you option at Basket ?  I will go to most and pay anyway but would like my perk too.
    You have to request a free ticket for individual games from the ticket office. 
  • Options

Counted up the players on the website. Only 20 including Ella Rutherford who is recovering from long term injury. Some gaps need plugging. 
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Counted up the players on the website. Only 20 including Ella Rutherford who is recovering from long term injury. Some gaps need plugging. 
    How many was it last year though? Certainly smaller than the men's; presumably both cost and less games.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    I have a season ticket and when bought was told I could/would get 4 free Womens tickets this season. The first game is on sale but no mention of free ticket being available - how will this work ?  Doesn't give you option at Basket ?  I will go to most and pay anyway but would like my perk too.
    Thanks Crusty,  but tried that - nothing but full price. 
  • Options
    Any ideas if Emily Simpkins has re-signed?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    He's saying speak to the ticket office by phone or in person (surely)?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    He's saying speak to the ticket office by phone or in person (surely)?
    Quite right. It will never appear on the website.
  • Options
    MK Dons 1 - 8 Charlton Women in yesterday’s friendly. Yet again no coverage on the Charlton website.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    Crusty54 said:
    MK Dons 1 - 8 Charlton Women in yesterday’s friendly. Yet again no coverage on the Charlton website.

I hope this is not significant.  The Women's Team was also a notable absence from Methven's media blitz after the take-over.

With the Women's Academy having been awarded Regional Talent Club (RTC), and an Emerging Talent Licence (ETL) last year, and a Professional Game Academy Licence (PGA) this month, they look in really strong position to kick on with a bit of support and encouragement. 

A great shame not to capitalise on this, by advertising the club's success at a time when the Women's World Cup is raising public interest in this branch of the sport.
    Spectators were allowed into the game and there was even a radio commentary.

I have tried contacting webpage email as they didn't report the win against Ipswich.

The reply was that a report would be uploaded during the week. It wasn't.

However, it was reported in Andy Scott's interview that there would be investment in the team.
  • Options
    Some of the signings made have been of decent quality. I wouldn’t be overly concerned atm, although it is disappointing that no reports are being written up.
  • Options
    Still trying to sort out 3 tickets for first game - club just not getting back to me . 
  • Options
    Humphrey looks like a great signing. On the subject of the media side of things, it isn't really anything new. Until this most recent photoshoot in the new kits with our team which they used to update, if you went on the website to look at the squad you could still find Eartha Cumings and Rachel Newborough listed as players for us. |The website update side of things has always been terrible to a really frustrating extent
  • Options
    Still trying to sort out 3 tickets for first game - club just not getting back to me . 
    They're not on sale yet.
  • Options
    Humphrey looks like a great signing. On the subject of the media side of things, it isn't really anything new. Until this most recent photoshoot in the new kits with our team which they used to update, if you went on the website to look at the squad you could still find Eartha Cumings and Rachel Newborough listed as players for us. |The website update side of things has always been terrible to a really frustrating extent
    The team page has been updated but the team could have had some support for the game on Sunday. Nobody thought to mention it. 

It would be good to know who played and scored.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Crusty54 said:
    They're not on sale yet.
    They are @Crusty54 - I have one,  but my Wife and Daughter have now blown it out as nobody got back to me. They are going to O2 Cinema instead, shame as I want to get them interested.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:
    They're not on sale yet.
    They are @Crusty54 - I have one,  but my Wife and Daughter have now blown it out as nobody got back to me. They are going to O2 Cinema instead, shame as I want to get them interested.
    They're not on the tickets page of the website. Only from the ticket office?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    They're not on sale yet.
    @Crusty54   - they are online, but not easy to find !!! I had to click on the tickets link on buy tickets page (top left next to Season Tickets) , and then Womens Home games appear at bottom of list. ( So Tickets, then sub tickets link , then Womens home games)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Crusty54 said:
    Crusty54 said:
    They're not on sale yet.
    @Crusty54   - they are online, but not easy to find !!! I had to click on the tickets link on buy tickets page (top left next to Season Tickets) , and then Womens Home games appear at bottom of list. ( So Tickets, then sub tickets link , then Womens home games)
    Like almost everything to do with the women's team on the website. Almost always an afterthought.

Still no report of an 8-1 win seems ridiculous. 

I bought a season ticket.
  • Options
    The FA WSL website has a direct link to the page where we sell tickets for women's games. Just select the Championship from the drop-down and then click "buy tickets". That takes you to the same page if you click the women's team button on the ticket page. Only the first match on sale at the moment.
  • Options
    Kieran Herring is now the Commercial Manager and Louise McGing the General Manager of the Women's team.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    There is now a report on the Charlton website. 2 goals for Mel Johnson and 2 for Angela Addison.
  • Options
    Quite a few adjustments have been made to the fixtures. The big ones are that there are now 4 games scheduled for the Valley, Watford, Palace and Birmingham joining the season opener against Sheffield, and the Lewes away game has moved fro 5 November to the evening of 3 November. To be fair, 5 November isn't a day to be visiting Lewes unless you're a big fan of bonfires. Also, as expected, the Sunderland and Durham matches will be noon kickoffs.
  • Options
    It's finally been confirmed that Emily Simpkins, last season's captain, has left the club. She has returned to Birmingham as assistant head coach.

Karin Muya has joined the club from London City Lionesses for a small fee.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Mel Johnson and Freda Ayisi resigning is good news.
    Read that and thought they’d resigned i.e. quit!

Perhaps it could be re signing or re-signing.

Just googled it: ‘ With a word like "resign," all style guides will say there needs to be a hyphen if you're talking about signing something again, such as the contract your boss asked you about. Otherwise, it's impossible to tell the difference between "re-signing" and "resigning."

Hope I’m not being overly pedantic. 
  • Options
    Reminder to those with season tickets for the women's team that you'll get a ticket through the post in advance of home games at the Valley, which you'll need as the ST cards don't work the gates. If it doesn't arrive, contact the ticket office and they should be able to sort you out.

Next few games:
    27 Aug: Sheffield United, HOME, 3pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    2 Sep (Saturday): Reading, away. 5.15pm. At Select Car Leasing Stadium, Reading FC. £12 adult, £8 over-65 or under-25, £6 u-18, £4 u-12. Tickets from here.
    10 Sep: Watford, HOME, 2pm. At The Valley. £11 adult, £6 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    17 Sep: Birmingham City, away. 2pm. At St Andrew's, Birmingham City FC. £8 adult, £5 over-65 or under-23, £2 u-16. Tickets from here when on sale (not yet).

Like last season, prices quoted by me are sometimes taken from ticket websites, sometimes estimated and will sometimes be wrong. Most clubs seem to be charging slightly more on the gate than in advance. We will be charging less for games at The Oakwood - £8 and £4 rather than £11 and £6. Our home Conti Cup game(s) will be £6 and £2, and any home FA cup game will be £8 and £2.