Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    To correct the above: the FA site didn't know what it was talking about. The MK Dons game has been rescheduled for 8 Jan, kicking off at noon again. So this coming Sunday is the Palace league cup game, as scheduled. If we win through, round 4 is on 29 Jan.
    To correct the above correction: our website says 12 noon and the FA site agrees, but MK Dons' website and twitter account, plus the FullTIme site for the division they play in all think it's at 1. Normally I'd say trust the home team, but this is Charlton we're talking about so if the timing makes a difference to you, maybe hold off on buying a ticket until both teams are saying the same thing.

Definitely 8 Jan, though. 
    not must choice as i bought a ticket for last Sunday.
  • Options
    I hear tell that there's some sort of minor game going on in Qatar today, but the important game of the afternoon was postponed due to a frozen pitch. This time, the club managed to get a ref in to inspect at 7am. No news yet on when it will be rescheduled for. Fixtures are starting to get a bit congested with the free Sunday in Jan having been taken by the FA Cup game, so I'd be tempted to see if Palace could host the game at Bromley midweek, if it was my decision, but we'll see.

Meanwhile, to no-one's surprise, Wimbledon were also frozen today so no news on who will be waiting for the winner of our game with MK Dons.
  • Options
    January fixtures:

1 Jan: week off
    8 Jan: MK Dons, HOME, 12 noon. £8 adult in advance, £10 on the day. Concessions were £1 for the original fixture. Tickets from the postponed game are valid.
    15 Jan: Blackburn Rovers, away, 2pm. At Bamber Bridge FC. £8 adult, £4 under-18 or "senior". Tickets from here.
    22 Jan: Lewes, HOME2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. Usually £2 extra on the day.
    29 Jan: week off, or FA Cup Round 4. Any FA Cup game would be away, likely kickoff 1pm, v Wimbledon at Plough Lane or v Gillingham at Chatham Town.

The league cup quarter finals are 25 & 26 January and we are technically not yet out of contention although we'd need an unlikely combination of results. So there will probably be pressure to play it midweek in the first couple of weeks of January. I can't imagine either us or Palace wanting to reschedule league games to make room for it. As far as I can see VCD Athletic don't have midweek fixtures in January so in principle the pitch ought to be available.
  • Options
    The league cup game against Palace will be on Weds 11 January, at the Oakwood, kickoff 7.30. The Lewes-Bristol game will be the previous evening - if Lewes win, or lose but take their game to penalties, they qualify for the quarters and that's that. If Bristol win, we will need to beat Palace by at least 4 more goals than Bristol win by. 

1 Jan: week off
    8 Jan: MK Dons, HOME, 12 noon. £8 adult in advance, £1 concessions, £2 extra on the day. Tickets from the postponed game are valid.
    11 Jan: Crystal Palace, HOME, 7.30pm. Continental Cup. £6 adults, £3 concessions. Tickets from the postponed game are valid.
    15 Jan: Blackburn Rovers, away, 2pm. At Bamber Bridge FC. £8 adult, £4 under-18 or "senior". Tickets from here.
    22 Jan: Lewes, HOME, 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. Usually £2 extra on the day.
    29 Jan: week off, or FA Cup Round 4. Any FA Cup game would be away, likely kickoff 1pm, v Wimbledon at Plough Lane or v Gillingham at Chatham Town.

If anyone is thinking of going to the Bristol away game on 23 April, it's been moved and will be at Ashton Gate not at their training ground. It's also going to be a 3pm kickoff.
  • Options
    1-0 up at half time. All a bit subdued. We're dominating and getting lots of possession around the box, but unable to break the defence down. The Twitter feed is talking about lots of shots, but mainly forwards are having all their options closed down and are ending up more or less passing to the keeper. The second penalty was impressive and that's the difference so far. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    MK equalised in 66th minute.
    Still playing. 77 mins gone.
  • Options
    90 minutes of very disappointing football, followed by 2 goals in injury time. 3-1.
  • Options
    We did look better as the game went on, as you'd expect when we're full time and they're not. Disappointing that it took until injury time to win it, but the job's done and roll on round 4.
  • Options
    A win’s a win. Maybe a disappointing performance until the end, but it’s a potential banana skin successfully dealt with. 👍🏼
  • Options
    The fourth round game will be AFC Wimbledon, who play at Plough Lane. An opportunity to see Charlton play at the new ground for those of us who weren't able to get there when the men played there.

Wimbledon beat Gillingham 1-0. They can't be taken lightly, but they're tier 4 and we really should be winning that game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rachel Newborough has joined Coventry United on a permanent deal following her recent return from an ACL injury.
  • Options
    We are out of the league cup, a 2-0 win over Palace tonight not enough to leave us a chance of overtaking both Lewes and Bristol to win the group. The Lewes-Bristol game got moved to next week; a win or draw for Lewes puts them through and us second in the group, a win for Bristol without needing penalties will put us third. Bristol need a 2 goal margin to take top spot. 

Tonight's win was via goals in the 74th and 89th minutes.

15 Jan: Blackburn Rovers, away, 2pm. At Bamber Bridge FC. £8 adult, £4 under-18 or "senior". Tickets from here.
    22 Jan: Lewes, HOME, 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    29 Jan: AFC Wimbledon, away, 1pm, FA Cup Round 4. Venue TBC - they usually use Plough Lane but sometimes Sutton or Carshalton. Usually £5 adults, free under-18. Tickets will be available online if it's at Plough Lane, pay on the turnstile if it's elsewhere.
    5 Feb: Coventry United, HOME, 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    12 Feb: Sheffield United, away, 2pm. At Bramall Lane. £7 adult, £5 concessions. Not on sale yet, will be in the south stand. 
    19 Feb: week off
    26 Feb: week off, or FA Cup Round 5.

5 March - the home game against Southampton is due to be at the Valley.
  • Options
    Excellent debut from Alex Hennessy a free transfer from West Ham.

Emma Follis came on from the bench and looked very sharp scored the first goal. Taylor Bell had a good game too and scored the second goal near the end.
  • Options
    How many lifers go to watch Charlton women regularly?
    Swindon_Addick & Crusty54 do, anyone else? 
  • Options
    @Eynsfordaddick and I are season ticket holders (only cost £25 or £30). Get to quite a few games but certainly not all. 
  • Options
    How many lifers go to watch Charlton women regularly?
    Swindon_Addick & Crusty54 do, anyone else? 
    I do. Ten minute drive, really enjoy it.
  • Options
    Tomorrow game against Blackburn is off, waterlogged pitch
  • Options
    Wimbledon have announced that the FA Cup match will be at Carshalton Athletic, not Plough Lane, and a 3pm kickoff . 

22 Jan: Lewes, HOME, 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    29 Jan: AFC Wimbledon, away, 3pm, FA Cup Round 4. At Carshalton Athletic. £5 adults, free under-18. Pay on the gate, no tickets in advance.
    5 Feb: Coventry United, HOME, 2pm. At The Oakwood. £8 adult, £4 over-65 or under-18, in advance. £2 extra on the day.
    12 Feb: Sheffield United, away, 2pm. At Bramall Lane. £7 adult, £5 concessions. Not on sale yet, will be in the south stand. 
    19 Feb: week off
    26 Feb: week off, or FA Cup Round 5.
  • Options
    Sheffield United tickets are on sale. £7 adults, £5 concessions. Unreserved seating in the South Stand at Bramall Lane. Those of us who were there for our promotion playoff win in 2018 will remember the South Stand well. Tickets available online from here.
  • Options
    Any idea if the game today will be on?  Daughter and myself missing our football fix but have woken up to -2C in Lewisham and I know Crayford will be colder.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Pitch inspection at 10

Astroturf trainers required

• Options
    Needless to say...postponed
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Needless to say...postponed
    Feared as much. Thanks for the update 
  • Options
    Well done for gettin g pitch inspected with plenty of time. 
  • Options
    My Wife is gutted - I am now in for the day lol. She said where else can you go!??
  • Options
    For anyone who fancies the FA Cup game, remember it's at 3pm and it's at the slightly less well-known CAFC of South London, Carshalton Athletic. £5 on the gate. I believe it's an artificial pitch so there shouldn't be any risk from the weather.
  • Options
    Won 1-5, well done 👍
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. Nice catering!
  • Options
    A very entertaining game with some very good passing by the Charlton team.

The Carshalton ground was a 10 minute walk from the station. A brisk walk back and this was the fast train to London Bridge.
  • Options
    If I've got my sums right, the fifth round will have 9 WSL clubs, 6 from the Championship and one remaining lower division side.