Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton women news - 2023-24 fixtures (p56)

Comments

• Options
    Played the game with a real passion.

So much better than the men's team.
  • Options
    The FA Player has put up a 4-minute highlights video. You'll need to log in, but worth it as I'm not sure how quick it will show up on club channels. Sounded like we had a few fans there, more than the usual handful for away games. Always dangerous to judge too much from the highlights, but that looked really good.
  • Options
    This Sunday is the Bristol City game in the league cup. 2pm kickoff at the Oakwood, £6 adults, £3 over-65 or under-21 in advance. As usual, £2 more on the gate. The ticket website doesn't seem to mention this, but according to a news item season ticket holders should find this game is included in women's season tickets and that men's ST holders can do the usual thing with ordering a free ticket from the ticket office.

Meanwhile, for those who like to plan a long way ahead, the away game at Coventry has been scheduled for Sunday 19 March.

December's fixtures are currently home to Sheffield Utd in the league on the 4th, then home to Palace in the league cup on the 18th, the latter with a noon kickoff. The 11th is the FA Cup, details to be worked out after the draw which will be on Monday 28 November.
  • Options
    A fantastic team performance today. Well deserved victory.
  • Options
    FA Cup round 3 draw:

Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes Dons

Default arrangement is a 1pm kickoff at the usual venue. Details to be confirmed.
  • Options
    MK Dons are mid-table in tier 3. Pretty much the perfect draw - far enough below us that we should win comfortably if we take it seriously and there's no risk of being asked to move the game for the FA Player, not so far below that the game gets boring. 
  • Options
    MK Dons game has been moved to 12 noon. Tickets now on sale. The advert says all concessions are £1, the ticket site says that only applies to under-11s.

4 Dec: Sheffield United, HOME, 2pm.
    11 Dec: MK Dons, HOME, FA Cup round 3. 12 noon. £8 adults, £1 under-11. 
    18 Dec: Crystal Palace, HOME, 12 noon, Continental Cup.
  • Options
    I’ll be there Sunday all being well.
    Can’t wait 😁♥️
  • Options
    1 0 win Lauren Bruton goal after 79 minutes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Four wins in a row, third in League, why is it only the men's first team that is useless?
  • Options
    Good win against a team who came to spoil today, Sheff Utd had a game plan and stuck to it. 

Mad scramble for the goal, who cares though, another 3 points with Bristol City and Millwall London City both drawing.
  • Options
    Highlighs of Sunday's game, along with those from earlier in the season, are on the YouTube site. https://www.youtube.com/@CharltonAthleticWomen
  • Options
    I really enjoyed being there Sunday.
    If I were still in Blighty I think I’d rather go there than to the Valley at the moment.
  • Options
    Tickets for the Palace game on the 18th are on sale, £6 adults, £3 over-65 and under-21. As usual those are the advance purchase prices and it costs extra to buy on the day.

Reminder that both remaining December games are noon kickoffs. MK Dons this Sunday, as long as we take them with the seriousness they deserve, should be a fairly comfortable win so might be a good game to choose if you're looking to introduce unconvinced friends or family to the women's team.
  • Options
    Pitch inspection for today's game at 10am. Kickoff at 12 if it goes ahead.
  • Options
    Off
  • Options
    MK Dons not happy and you can hardly blame them. I thought the womans side was now professional, comes across as avery amateur 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Game was never going to go ahead today. Ridiculous to think it would and very unprofessional to let Dons set off on their journey over 
  • Options
    Normal protocol for rearranging games in the Cup is it will be next Sunday and the Palace game gets shifted to make room. 

I checked the FA site last night and none of the games was called off in advance, which makes me suspect there was pressure not to. But that doesn't excuse not getting a local ref in at 8am and saving the opposition setting off. 
  • Options
    Hull City U21 are due at Princes Park tomorrow for a 1pm kick off.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    It's not getting above freezing between now and then so unless they've had it covered throughout and kept the frost at bay that will be off too 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    seth plum said:
    It's not getting above freezing between now and then so unless they've had it covered throughout and kept the frost at bay that will be off too 
    Dartford played at home v Bath City on Saturday but best to double check before heading off tomorrow 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    sam3110 said:
    seth plum said:
    Dartford played at home v Bath City on Saturday but best to double check before heading off tomorrow 
    This message is for the Hull City contingent! o:)
  • Options
    Less than half the third round games went ahead, but the draw for round 4 is still scheduled for 7pm Monday. Live on the FA Player and from this it seems like it will be on various unspecified social media channels too (presumably including this Twitter account):

• Options
    edited December 2022
    If we see off MK Dons, we will be away at the winner of AFC Wimbledon (tier 4) vs Gillingham (tier 3). Gillingham have moved since we last played them and are now based at Chatham Town. AFCW usually play at their club stadium.

Edit to add: According to the FA site, the MK Dons has been rescheduled for Sunday 18th at noon. The club website hasn't confirmed this as yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    To correct the above: the FA site didn't know what it was talking about. The MK Dons game has been rescheduled for 8 Jan, kicking off at noon again. So this coming Sunday is the Palace league cup game, as scheduled. If we win through, round 4 is on 29 Jan.
  • Options
    To correct the above: the FA site didn't know what it was talking about. The MK Dons game has been rescheduled for 8 Jan, kicking off at noon again. So this coming Sunday is the Palace league cup game, as scheduled. If we win through, round 4 is on 29 Jan.
    To correct the above correction: our website says 12 noon and the FA site agrees, but MK Dons' website and twitter account, plus the FullTIme site for the division they play in all think it's at 1. Normally I'd say trust the home team, but this is Charlton we're talking about so if the timing makes a difference to you, maybe hold off on buying a ticket until both teams are saying the same thing.

Definitely 8 Jan, though.