Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ben Reeves

Feel a bit for the lad - some of the posters giving him a hard time.
Everyone of course entitled to their view.
For me I think he will be a Quality player - trouble is he needs to be able to play in his best position.
I think we saw that at Bury away and anybody there I'm sure would disagree what a good game he had and how influential he can be.
I think KRhas got a very strong squad for this level and I hope Reeves will be a key part of it

Comments

• Options
    Didn't do himself any favours. I've got no problem with a player holding out for the best deal when he has a couple of teams chasing him, but he should have at least done a pre-season. Instead, he sat idly by & then at the start of August when the only real prospect was us he then signed. Wasn't match fit & spent weeks doing catch up. KR was probably at fault for trying to give him game time too soon, but he looks like he gets injured easily.

I said it on the day he signed that I wish we hadn't & had much rather had gone for a proper striker (an area even then we were short of - esp a proven striker. At the time we only had Mag & Novak as senior players (and their records aren't brilliant) with KAG & Recco as back up)
  • Options
    He must be as sick as a chip! Traded off interested parties BUT still managed to join our shower of shite.
  • Options
    He is a good player but will be overshadowed in this team of flair players.

Robbo will manage him so he realises he does not have to do it all like he did at MK. If he can stick with the number 10 deeper role and pick out the passes he could be superb for the rest of the season and score a fair few.

So far, whenever he has played he has been the must mark player. We now have a few so oppositions will struggle more to pick him up. Can he stick to just what he does best or will he want to just play his own game? I think he can and make the position his own.

That said, I think Robbo has changed his formation slightly and the deep number 10 role has all but disappeared.
  • Options
    We may only have seen glimpses of his best so far but I'm certainly not going to write him off.

Look at the goals he's scored for us regardless of the opposition he's up there with the best finishers we have in front of goal that and that can be a priceless attribute to have especially in our constant struggle for goals.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Think he will come good. You have to remember he finally came into the team when all the decent players got injured. Now we seem to be up and running again I think we will see a better player and one who will score a few goals.

I fully expect him to get injured tomorrow now.

Reeves to score a brace 40/1 skybet. Your welcome.
  • Options
    I actually think with our current line up, if Reeves starts alongside say Mav and KaiKai Reeves May be able to show his worth. With their speed and work rate I feel he will be able to press higher in behind magennis. That being said,I actually would prefer Aribo in that position as some others have suggested, I think we potentially have a real player on our hands with Joe!
  • Options
    Rumour I heard was that there was a professional ‘rivalry’ between Reeves and a recently departed Holmes.

Nothing so much to write home about but supposedly Reeves has come out of his shell a lot more recently. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if he had far more of an impact over the last few months of the season.

• Options
    Lives in the next road to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No wonder he looks unsettled...
    Nice house though, near the shops, the pub a
    barbers and a decent Indian restaurant.

• Options
    I for one have been berating him since he came and like lots of players who have not amounted to much it has never been his ability that has been in question. For me it has been about bravery. commitment to the cause, a desire to metaphorically fight for the team, bust a gut to put in a tackle, fend of the opposition whilst on the ball, actually hold on to the ball, look for and demand the ball, fight for the opportunity to shoot and so on. He is the first player i know of who was pulled off by Robinson for being “poor”. He needs to believe his career is on the line and that he needs to radically changehisattitide or else he will leave knowing his best performance was against the bottom of the table side
  • Options
    Reeves may shine now there are some players with a bit of movement ahead of him. He put a lovely ball through for Magennis last Saturday. And he's proved he's got a decent finish on him.
  • Options
    Reeves to have done better in away matches, he's not played a full 90 at home, indeed in 2 matches he was take off at half time (Rochdale and Gillingham) while went off after 52 minutes against Walsall, and none of those were because of injuries

• Options

Any shop he can get his jeans repaired properly?
  • Options

Any shop he can get his jeans repaired properly?
    Yes, nice dry cleaners that does repairs also chemist, chippy, kebab shop, couple of newsagents/corner shops, offy, bike shop, cafe, two estate agents.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    And the 162 and 269 buses....
  • Options

Drop a note thru his door suggesting he trains properly and bucks his ideas up a whole lot on the pitch.
  • Options

He sure as hell don't need three of those, obv he can go to the shops for his tea bags, quorn and salad but the rest, no good to him.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

And the 162 and 269 buses....

Yes, 162 goes nearly all the way to Sparrows Lane
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ben Reeves had a wholly inappropriate pre season for a professional footballer and both he and us are still paying the price. At present he’s not guaranteed a starting place but should still be an asset for us on the bench at this level. I’m sure he’s not satisfied and that should be his spur to make sure he’s a regular starter. I suspect that we won’t see the best of Ben until next season unfortunately.