Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Pick up stolen from Eltham

Posting this for a fellow Addick who isn't a member, hope admin don't mind? This classic vehicle was stolen from Eltham yesterday, pretty distinctive as you can see. Any info gratefully received.

Comments

• Gutted to hear that AA, the good news is that should not be hard to spot unless it has already been shipped out somewhere.
  • Usually take stolen cars to pieces pretty quickly these days, get the bits sold and move onto the next. It's happening an awful lot these days around this area, that or it's all just a lot easier to have of because of modern communications and social media etc.

Hope he finds it and also finds those lowlifes responsible for stealing it.
  • Usually take stolen cars to pieces pretty quickly these days, get the bits sold and move onto the next. It's happening an awful lot these days around this area, that or it's all just a lot easier to have of because of modern communications and social media etc.

Hope he finds it and also finds those lowlifes responsible for stealing it.

That's new even for CL, a live confession Athletico!

In all seriousness, these feckers should have their hands AND goolies chopped off...
    Haha, perhaps should have clarified my grammar a little there. D'oh. I know this through a lady I speak to who's a teacher in a prison, they tell her all.

I'm not very safety conscious, I must say, but I am beginning to see just how ruthless and careless some people are in this day and age when it comes to things like this. They'll steal anything and everything if it helps them make a buck.
  • Someone should die for nicking that beautiful machine

Scummy bstds
  • It wasn't easy either - my mate wrote "Battery disconnected electric cut off and chain n padlock thru steering wheel and prop shaft disconnected and it still got taken."

Looks like professional job, but still puzzled as to the market for it. Even the parts have a very limited "audience", and classic car owners/rock n rollers are a fairly tight knit bunch. If it's going anywhere in Europe it will have to be heavily disguised not to be recognised by someone. Unless it's just some petrolhead who is happy to look at it sitting in his garage...
  • The flat head V8 is worth about £6k alone.
  • edited January 2018
    There are a couple of Eltham FB pages. Eltham, SE9 is a busy one. I've just added it but you may have to wait approval!

Was it on the drive/outside?
  • Outside as far as I know Bren. Thanks for doing that.
  • Addickted said:

The flat head V8 is worth about £6k alone.

Ah - that will be it then. Bastards will probably remove that and trash it.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018
    Scumbags, have seen that truck at shows locally more than once. As others have said, it's probably been stripped for parts already or on a shipping container abroad unfortunately.

Must be bad enough to have a regular car nicked but heart-breaking when something unique like this that had obviously had a lot of love and money lavished on it. I know how I'd feel if mine got taken.
  • anyone that steals apart from in extreme circumstances ie life and death, should swing. got an uncle thats really into classic cars and i know hes spent the best part of 12 years recondition a wreck into quite a stunning vehicle and i can only imagine how gutted he would be to have it stolen.

hope it gets found
  • Is this one of the lovely trucks thats normally parked just off shawbrooke road by the school? Love driving past and seeing these classics around there. If it is my mate lives near the schook and has cctv covering outside. Can get him to check it.
  • Is this one of the lovely trucks thats normally parked just off shawbrooke road by the school? Love driving past and seeing these classics around there. If it is my mate lives near the schook and has cctv covering outside. Can get him to check it.

Yes - he lives on one of those roads with a green in the middle (Katherine Gdns or Philippa Gdns) I will ask exactly when it got nicked. Thanks KA
  • No problem let me know and ill get my mate to check

Not being funny, but if i had a car like that, it would be parked in my garage.

It wouldn't if it was a single size garage, you would never get out of it :smile:

Trouble is I don't think he had one Pres. But I understand what you are saying.
  • We had a £20k Mercedes Viano nicked last year from outside the drivers house. No trace of it and it’s hardly a getaway vehicle so I assume it was stolen to order.

Rotten scummy bastards and I hope they get caught and locked up for bloody ages.

It’s someones pride and joy and it sickens me that someone prefers to just steal one as opposed to save up and buy one.
  • edited January 2018
    Swisdom said:

We had a £20k Mercedes Viano nicked last year from outside the drivers house. No trace of it and it’s hardly a getaway vehicle so I assume it was stolen to order.

Rotten scummy bastards and I hope they get caught and locked up for bloody ages.

It’s someones pride and joy and it sickens me that someone prefers to just steal one as opposed to save up and buy one.

That will be in a container on it's way to Nigeria or Romania.
    The OPs theft is strange as it's a very niche market and I would have thought selling it on very difficult.
  • Sponsored links:

• i remember watching a program once on tv where they searched a container looking for drugs only to find 3 Mercs that had all been stolen to order and were on their way to Nigeria.
  • But ssshhhhsshh, we're not allowed to say anything that might be construed as being slightly racist - else they'll chop your promotes off (thats if you had any in the first place)

• I have a CLA merc. A week ago got in it to go to work and contents of glove box all over the floor but nothing was taken. Someone just told me whoever did it may have plugged in computer and downloaded key info to return for it later anyone heard of anything similar and or know of anything I can do to make it secure
  • Hope he gets it back and the bastards who stole it die a slow painful death.
  • johnboy59 said:

I have a CLA merc. A week ago got in it to go to work and contents of glove box all over the floor but nothing was taken. Someone just told me whoever did it may have plugged in computer and downloaded key info to return for it later anyone heard of anything similar and or know of anything I can do to make it secure

There’s a very good chance your vehicle will be nicked soon

They use an iPad that reads the key code from inside your house

And open your car door via the iPad

• johnboy59 said:

I have a CLA merc. A week ago got in it to go to work and contents of glove box all over the floor but nothing was taken. Someone just told me whoever did it may have plugged in computer and downloaded key info to return for it later anyone heard of anything similar and or know of anything I can do to make it secure

A mate of mine has jus had his “keyless” car nicked exactly as you describe it. Got it all on CCTV with a geezer standing between the car and the house with an iPad and bingo, the car doors open. He was well covered though so not much to go on with a description.
  • edited January 2018

johnboy59 said:

This. There was also an issue (still is?) a couple of years back with people obtaining blank BMW keys. Because of the poor positioning of the on-board diagnostic port outside of the alarm detector zone it was a simple matter to plug in a blank key, programme it and away you go! I think the connecting kit to do this costs very little on ebay. Some owners bought lockable covers for their OBD port. Whether that helped I don't know. I'd be surprised if other vehicle makes don't have the same issue.

Edited to add: just a thought is the OBD port on a Merc in the glove box?
  • Does this affect all cars?
    Are some better than others.

I remember i used to be able to get into my Ford Cortina using a screwdriver in the lock.!

I used to live opposite these lot. Lovely people