Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Happy Burns Night

Comments

• I love haggis. We're having our haggis, tatties and neeps tomorrow night
  • As a staunch Unionist I want to have a wee dram to toast the lad himself on this special night. Due to the generosity of friends I have an interesting array of single malts to choose from. I’m leaning towards Laphroaig. Am I right?
  • Riviera said:

As a staunch Unionist I want to have a wee dram to toast the lad himself on this special night. Due to the generosity of friends I have an interesting array of single malts to choose from. I’m leaning towards Laphroaig. Am I right?

If you’re leaning to the right, you’d better get on the politics forum
  • Riviera said:

As a staunch Unionist I want to have a wee dram to toast the lad himself on this special night. Due to the generosity of friends I have an interesting array of single malts to choose from. I’m leaning towards Laphroaig. Am I right?

Drink them in this order:

Glenmorangie
    Macallan
    Caol Ila (my fave)
    Then the Laphroaig

Otherwise, youll destroy your taste buds for the next one!
  • I only had one! Well 1 and a bit of the Laphroaig. Couldn’t do them all as I had park run this morning.
  • Riviera said:

I only had one! Well 1 and a bit of the Laphroaig. Couldn’t do them all as I had park run this morning.

Had people over for Haggis, neeps and tatties last night and I bought a bottle of Laphroaig for the occasion.
    Haven’t had it for a few years and I’d almost forgotten how much I love it.
  • Riviera said:

I only had one! Well 1 and a bit of the Laphroaig. Couldn’t do them all as I had park run this morning.

No excuse
  • None of the above seem to appetising...Saw enough when I lived there of seeing scotch pies with mash or baked beans on. Nice with brown sauce on though.
  • edited January 2021
    Happy Burns Night @bobmunro and all addicks with Scottish connections. 

Lang may yer lum reek

• Sponsored links:

• That’s my dinner for tonight 

• Hoots mon
    There's a moose loose aboot this hoose

May yer sporran ne'r wrinkle an yer kilt ne'r shrink

Happy Burns' Nacht 

• I’ve got haggis for dinner tonight.
  • I went to the wee man Burn's cottage when I was a boy. No head space for anyone over 5ft 8in.
    I saw the Wembley cross bar in the main room, a charcoal drawing of Robert the Bruce and a tapestry of William Wallace in battle gear with the words " Victor at Stirling Bridge 1297 fuck off you Sassenachs".

Beautiful sentiments for any Scots with blue running through their veins.

Seeing the menu of haggis, neeps and tatties in the Kitchen was fine for a main course but didn't fancy the Mars bars in the fryer.

I love performing poetry and Spoken word (only Zoom now) but despite not understanding Rabbie Burns, I loved the cadence of the language.
  • Normally have family & friends round to celebrate but it’s haggis for one this year 😞 

Hope all who are celebrating enjoy themselves 

• That looks like the kind of plate I’d expect AUN’s lot to serve up in the big house
  • edited January 2021
    se9addick said:
    Normally have family & friends round to celebrate but it’s haggis for one this year 😞 

Hope all who are celebrating enjoy themselves 

I assume you adressed it and then plunged a Sgian Dubh in ?😉
  • Boom said:
    That looks like the kind of plate I’d expect AUN’s lot to serve up in the big house
    Might have to take a visit in that case!
  • Sponsored links:

• I went to the wee man Burn's cottage when I was a boy. No head space for anyone over 5ft 8in.
    I saw the Wembley cross bar in the main room, a charcoal drawing of Robert the Bruce and a tapestry of William Wallace in battle gear with the words " Victor at Stirling Bridge 1297 fuck off you Sassenachs".

Beautiful sentiments for any Scots with blue running through their veins.

Seeing the menu of haggis, neeps and tatties in the Kitchen was fine for a main course but didn't fancy the Mars bars in the fryer.

I love performing poetry and Spoken word (only Zoom now) but despite not understanding Rabbie Burns, I loved the cadence of the language.
    I did some work up there about 10 years ago when the museum had a refresh, the cottage was always a bit stinky
  • Ordered a traditional haggis from Sainsbury's for Mr T and a vegan one for me. They'd run out of vegan haggis so sent me black pudding slices instead. Bastards. Mr T well pleased.
    I know it's a bit late now but both Simon Howie and MacSweens do very good vegan haggis 
  • That’s my dinner for tonight 

It'll look exactly the same when it comes out tomorrow.

I love haggis but none of my family do so I always have it when I travel up to client sites in Glasgow & Edinburgh.

Obviously not been up there for nearly a year now so am missing it.
  • Had delish haggis, tatties and neeps yesterday. Went to a Burns Night in Pakistan once, an unusual spin on it but was a fabulous event with Pakistan pipers and the full ceremony and speeches etc.
  • I love haggis. Neeps and Tatties just rounds it off beautifully. 
    I don’t know why I find it so good because it’s just meat and offal. It really shouldn’t be so delicious, but it is.

I had double helpings last night and had a massive plate of leftovers for lunch today. Wonderful.
  • I love haggis. Neeps and Tatties just rounds it off beautifully. 
    I don’t know why I find it so good because it’s just meat and offal. It really shouldn’t be so delicious, but it is.

I had double helpings last night and had a massive plate of leftovers for lunch today. Wonderful.
    You should have it for breakfast in a heavily buttered roll with bacon, it’s amazing!
  • Haggis pizza
  • Happy Burns Night.

Slainte mhath!