Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2018
    £20m is a mental price to pay for a 2 bob team with no history, tin pot fan base and a proper rugby area. I know their recent past has been decent but apart from that really this is a mental price.

Ed. Do they still have a couple of years parachute money left though? Guess that at least gives you a chance to either have a PL gamble or strip this our if the club and get your cash back.
  • Options
    Do wigan own the DW?
  • Options
    I think they do own it. Use to belong to the owner's fitness club company?
  • Options
    Probably the Aussies!
  • Options
    Until a deal is done, Jackson said the Whelan family remained committed to "owning and funding" Wigan.

Jackson said a deal "will only take place in the best interests of Wigan Athletic".

If only Roland or any of our previous owners (including you Murray) did the same.
  • Options

Do wigan own the DW?

They do indeed. Wigan Football Company Ltd own and operate the stadium.
  • Options
    Interesting to note "In October, a non-disclosure agreement was signed with a Hong Kong group". If this the same ones then interesting it has taken over 3 months "
  • Options
    Great with that distraction we can pip them to the title.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All other things being equal we should be worth a good deal more. But there will be value in them looking nailed on for promotion while we struggle to creep into playoffs.
    Roland Duchatelet - penny wise, pound foolish
  • Options
    Are they buying us?
  • Options

£20m is a mental price to pay for a 2 bob team with no history, tin pot fan base and a proper rugby area. I know their recent past has been decent but apart from that really this is a mental price.

Ed. Do they still have a couple of years parachute money left though? Guess that at least gives you a chance to either have a PL gamble or strip this our if the club and get your cash back.

Honestly, I don't know what "history" would have to do with a sale price in the modern game. Fan base, certainly. But I imagine for just about all investors, unless they have a personal tie to the club, all they're considering is potential.

Also, their parachute payments would have ended last season I believe (I think it's now 60m x 4 years). So while they don't have that now, given they've traditionally been pretty frugal and been adept at buying low and selling high (going on memory though), I imagine their books look pretty good, compared to us.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    CAFC are worth more than Wigan just because they are in London. But I doubt they are worth 2.5x as much. But then again, I would rather own CAFC at 50m than Wigan at 20m if the goal is to get a team into the PL and then sell out at a profit. The sell price of a London club would be much more than 30m higher than whatever Wigan would sell for if they were a mid table PL club.
  • Options
    I thought he had passed away, still reckon he'd make a great owner.

Exciting times........

• Options
    and generally more attractive to players that is... London not Wigan
  • Options

Sorry, thought you said Wogan in advanced takeover talks

Give yourself a promote
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Sorry, thought you said Wogan in advanced takeover talks

Give yourself a promote
    Chance be a fine thing
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Always the bridesmaid never the bride... sigh!

Why not us? Roland you complete bastard!
  • Options
    Wigan seem to be a well run club, and I imagine the financials look miles better than ours, but they suffer both from being in what has been a Rugby town historically, and that they are smack between Liverpool and Manchester and have a relatively short history as a decent side, so have a lack of fanbase. They never sold out in the PL years, which takes some doing.