Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2018

Comments

• Options

Un feckin believable !

I followed the whole match until Hants required 6 runs off 10 balls ( I think) & switched off as it was a foregone conclusion....

Oh me of little faith !!!! The fat lady clearly lost her voice !

Who bowled that final over ?

Absolutely brilliant result on a wicket that the commentators said was getting easier for the batsmen and gave little to the bowlers.

SOOPER SPITFIRES !!!!!

Matt Henry
    Thanks, @alan dugdale .

Great bowling and/or brilliant fielding, I wonder ....
    Looks to me like an inexperienced player completely freezing at the winning post. He'll learn from this for his sake, I'd hope
  • Options
    Wow, I'd love to have seen that final over live!
  • Options

Got to feel sorry for Weatherley - coming on loan to us taught him all he needed to know about how to lose a game from a winning position.

Before the last over Denly went up to Weatherley and reminded him about the incriminating photos that exist from his time with us :smile:
  • Options
    According to my Sky sports bet app, tomorrows game against Somerset is on sky channel 404.

Just saying.
  • Options
    Stewart said:

According to my Sky sports bet app, tomorrows game against Somerset is on sky channel 404.

Just saying.

Thanks for the tip Stewart.....starts at 2.00pm.
  • Options
    What an end to the match yesterday, I thought we had no chance but the at-the-death bowling was exceptional....definitely pulled victory out of the jaws of certain defeat there. Well done Kent.
  • Options
    No fixtures at all today - on a Bank Holiday.

But with everyone back at work tomorrow the One Day matches return.

Top work, cricket organisers!
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Yes, we managed to play Friday, Sunday , Tuesday, hence only 1 match was over the weekend...
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Vincenzo said:

Yes, we managed to play Friday, Sunday , Tuesday, hence only 1 match was over the weekend...
    Sky, BT or whatever other pay to view organisation currently has the rights calls the shots as to when the matches are played. Even radio has started to go the same way. In a few years Test Match Special will be no more in my opinion.

Cricket has sold its soul. The days of anything over 50 overs per innings are numbered be it international or county.

It's almost becoming a different sport to the one I grew up loving so much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

I'm sure that I heard that the Headingley test match clashes with a roses match as well. They're not the brightest bunch, this ECB lot, are they?

And that's before we start discussing 100 ball cricket.....
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

I'm sure that I heard that the Headingley test match clashes with a roses match as well. They're not the brightest bunch, this ECB lot, are they?

And that's before we start discussing 100 ball cricket.....
    Yes, as they are playing a 50 over match at Old Trafford on Tuesday, which clashes with day 5 of the Test

However, the chances of England actually lasting to day 5 are pretty small though! I'm sure Root, Bairstow and Jennings will get out cheaply to make sure the game is wrapped up by Monday.
  • Options
    Was going down to Canterbury today but torrential rain in NW Kent putting me off. Noises coming out of KCCC sound promising which seems optimistic from up here. Any locals got a view?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Kent have won the toss and put Somerset in - game reduced to 32 42 overs a side.

Rouse and Crawley left out for Billings and a fifth seamer.
  • Options

Kent have won the toss and put Somerset in - game reduced to 32 overs a side.

Rouse and Crawley left out for Billings and a fifth seamer.

I guess with only 32 overs, we don't need as many batsmen, and presumably the wet conditions won't help Denly's leggies

Nice to see Billings grace us with his presence. A few 50 over matches, then he'll probably disappear for the England Australia series...
  • Options
    the match will be 42 overs
  • Options

the match will be 42 overs

Yes - my apologies for the mistake
  • Options
    Blake is brilliant.
    Som 4-1
  • Options
    18-2 off 4. Both to Henry with the second aided and abetted by Myburgh's awful judgement of a "leave"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LenGlover said:

Matt Henry deservedly given his county cap today.

One of the quickest ever ?
  • Options
    No ball from the "trusty" Mitch.

Could do without conceding too many extras today unlike Sunday.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

LenGlover said:

Matt Henry deservedly given his county cap today.

One of the quickest ever ?
    Carl Hooper, Asif Iqbal and John Shepherd might have run him close possibly but I can't think of many more off the top of my head so definitely up there.
  • Options
    Steeeeeeeeeeevo

Gets the big one, Hildreth, trapped LBW

44-3 off 10.3
  • Options
    Seeing that today's match is between his former counties, I was wondering where Ryan Davies had gone, and he's just signed for Durham as, I'm guessing, their second choice keeper. Still only 21 and at his 3rd county, he should never have left Kent in the first place.

• Options

Seeing that today's match is between his former counties, I was wondering where Ryan Davies had gone, and he's just signed for Durham as, I'm guessing, their second choice keeper. Still only 21 and at his 3rd county, he should never have left Kent in the first place.

Has some underlying issues.
  • Options
    He had signed for Bickley CC in the KCL. Bit of a step down to go to Durham instead but, short of playing in Scotland, he couldn't get further away from home if he tried.
  • Options

He had signed for Bickley CC in the KCL. Bit of a step down to go to Durham instead but, short of playing in Scotland, he couldn't get further away from home if he tried.

They obviously weren't paying him enough....
  • Options
    Trego ct & bowled Haggett

56-4
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    65-5

Banton c Blake b Stevens 3