Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD: promised response to Saturday's meeting

The Coalition Against Roland Duchatelet (CARD) has welcomed the outcome and detailed reports provided of Saturday’s meeting between Addicks director Richard Murray and the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust.

A CARD spokesperson said: “We believe this has proven to be a productive and useful exchange for all parties, in marked contrast to the regime’s approach to communication over the last four years. We hope that it will set a template for the new ownership.

“Based on what was said on Saturday, we do not currently see the need to reschedule our postponed pre-match rally which led to the meeting taking place. We will make any further judgements on the basis of outcomes from the transfer window and further takeover developments.

“In the meantime, CARD would like to thank everybody who voiced their support for its proposed action last week and who has taken part in protests over the last two and a quarter years. We hope that we will soon be in a position to announce the dissolution of our coalition, because Duchatelet will have gone.”

Comments

• Options
    Out of interest would CARD dissolve if we arrived at an eventuality where RD remained owner of The Valley / Sparrows Lane?
  • Options

Out of interest would CARD dissolve if we arrived at an eventuality where RD remained owner of The Valley / Sparrows Lane?

Given the nature of the coalition, it's not really appropriate to answer hypothetical questions. There would no doubt be a discussion of the particular situation.
  • Options
    We are in a post 'night Meire' era
  • Options

Well thanks Richard for one thing, it was pissing down on Saturday so grateful I didn’t have to stand out in that :-)

Fanzine sellers are made of stronger stuff...
    That’s why us millennial weaklings operate online :-)
  • Options
    Born 1906, just quite well preserved for his age.
  • Options

Well thanks Richard for one thing, it was pissing down on Saturday so grateful I didn’t have to stand out in that :-)

You must be one of the oldest Millennials around?
    Ha, I notice there was no similar challenge on weakling :-)
  • Options
    Plenty of old weaklings around...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018

Plenty of old weaklings around...

Oi, I let the 'reliance on you oldies' go unchallenged this morning, it's Senior Citizens if you don't mind. :wink:
  • Options

And fair play to you rick, I asked for a dry votv and you duly supplied
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    DA9 said:

Where did that appear from then?......On second thoughts don't tell me . :wink:
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited January 2018
    RedChaser said:

DA9 said:

He’s a man of experience, they were all handily enclosed in a large deal bag (clearly a second income stream) :wink:
  • Options

And one of the shortest
  • Options

And one of the shortest
    Awww, now you are being mean.
  • Options

And one of the shortest
    Oh hello Peter Crouch ! :-)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

DA9 said:

Safe, dry (?) places were identified when the pigs, balloons, taxis etc were being smuggled past the stewarts last season.

I was amazed by the number of hiding places used !

Clearly, AB has put that info to good use again...

:blush:
  • Options
    So @AFKABartram were you born after 1982?
  • Options

And one of the shortest
    Oh hello Peter Crouch ! :-)
    Peter Crouch was a bit like Makienok, rubbish in the air but good feet for a tall (totally uncoordinated fella who looked like he had someone else’s legs sewn onto a torso that had been a part of a 1700s torture on the rack).

Pretty sure I remember Peter Crouch responding well in interview. Someone asked ‘So, Peter, what would you have been if you hadn’t been a premiership footballer?’

‘A virgin’.