Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Yet another 'is that all you've got to moan about' moan.....

edited January 2018 in General Charlton
As someone who likes to stay and applaud / sing the players off after a good performance, can we drop the heavily staged, showy 'lets all have a huddle on the centre circle to give the impression of team unity' nonsense.

By the time they've:

- done the lethargic removal of shin pads,
- shock hands with the opposition,
- gathered everyone in the circle,
- waited for someone from the Comms team to turn up with a camera so that it can be filmed,
- said the motivational b*llocks about being proud and winning as a team,
- finally come aware to be clapped by the crowd,

there are about 700 people left in the ground

The players are left clapping empty sections of red seats and those 700 then have an additional 20 mins on their drive home being on the tail end of the traffic.

Final whistle, clap the crowd and do the tunnel jump while the crowd are still there. Then do the Band of Brothers nonsense back in the changing room.

Rant over

Comments

• Options
    This has been pi$$ing me off for ages! We've even waited for the tunnel jump a few times but given up when Robinson insists on keeping the players in a huddle for so long.

Can you imagine Kinsella's fist waving at the Covered End fifteen minutes after the final whistle has been blown?
  • Options
    on saturday we waited to see it as i have somehow managed to avoid seeing us win since coventry away last season. and the nu was nearly emtpy by time they actually went down the tunnel
  • Options
    What a MOG
  • Options
    Robinson loves all this type of shit.

Couple of the players didn’t even look interested in the huddle, just stood with their arms crossed.
  • Options
    The price of razor blades and replacement electric toothbrush heads.

Scandalous.
  • Options
    Don't let this slip
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't mind it all tbh. Just be thankful they won for a change
  • Options

on saturday we waited to see it as i have somehow managed to avoid seeing us win since coventry away last season. and the nu was nearly emtpy by time they actually went down the tunnel

We drew that game.
  • Options
    They can hug as much as they like .... as long as they win!
  • Options
    But Robbo is the modern day's P.T.Barnum.

Football's equivalent of the ultimate showman.

Mind you, wish he WAS Huge Ackman.....

:smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2018

But Robbo is the modern day's P.T.Barnum.

Football's equivalent of the ultimate showman David Brent

Mind you, wish he WAS Huge Ackman.....

:smile:

Fixed it for you Fanny.
  • Options
    And they almost missed the train to Newcastle last month as well.
  • Options

As someone who likes to stay and applaud / sing the players off after a good performance, can we drop the heavily staged, showy 'lets all have a huddle on the centre circle to give the impression of team unity' nonsense.

By the time they've:

- done the lethargic removal of shin pads,
    - shock hands with the opposition,
    - gathered everyone in the circle,
    - waited for someone from the Comms team to turn up with a camera so that it can be filmed,
    - said the motivational b*llocks about being proud and winning as a team,
    - finally come aware to be clapped by the crowd,

there are about 700 people left in the ground

The players are left clapping empty sections of red seats and those 700 then have an additional 20 mins on their drive home being on the tail end of the traffic.

Final whistle, clap the crowd and do the tunnel jump while the crowd are still there. Then do the Band of Brothers nonsense back in the changing room.

Rant over

I have mentioned this a couple of times on the post match threads.

Me & Golfie Jnr like to clap them off but having to wait around while thy do a staged huddle is a bit much. Also can't be good for the players to be clapped off by 3 men & a dog.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Should get Bauer to lead the team in a German style celebration.

All line up holding hands and orchestrate cheering etc

That will give all you moaners something to complain about.

I blame CARD and the EU.
  • Options
    Roland Out!
  • Options
    Can’t say it bothers me. I’ve given my support throughout the game. I don’t feel I have to clap them off or need to receive a clap back. Once that whistles gone 9 times out of 10 I’m of as quick as possible to either the Car, the station or ideally the pub.

Might be different on an away day,esp if they’ve played their hearts out and/or achieved a monumental result.

More annoyed in situations when the game ends and music immediately pumps out rather than crowd noise/singing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Only the 2% stay behind! Factoid
  • Options
    You could have gone out and claimed a free pint, gone back in and seen the tunnel jump then claimed another free Pint.