Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So who claimed a free pint after then?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I liked the real ale bar in the East Stand and used to enjoy a swift half at half time. I guess it was no longer viable for the operators with ever dwindling crowds, as the beer would end up going off.
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Yes, I liked the real ale bar in the East Stand and used to enjoy a swift half at half time. I guess it was no longer viable for the operators with ever dwindling crowds, as the beer would end up going off.

They could have gone down to just the one ale, or maybe brought back the polypins which they used before the permanent bar was built
  • Options
    Crossbars is fine for what it is, providing a convenient social facility mainly for those that are not necessarily pub people, or have people with them who are not necessarily pub people.

• Options

im boycotting Belguim till Roland sells

I have been doing the same with Belgian beers. A shame as Leffe is a great tipple.
  • Options

Crossbars is fine for what it is, providing a convenient social facility mainly for those that are not necessarily pub people, or have people with them who are not necessarily pub people.

Agree and it's now busier as it has been opened up to any ticket holders.

I prefer the Lib but wouldn't mind drinking in there if there was better and cheaper beer (Post Roland of course)

I didn't take up the free offer as I was going home but don't see the problem with anyone, Anti or Pro-Roland, taking up the offer.

• Options
    According to the CAFC Facebook group anyone from the CARD lot that had a free pint is a hypocrite.
  • Options
    Stig said:

No way will I drink in Crossbars until he's gone. In fact one of my favourite beers, Pelforth Brun, is brewed by Heineken. If he's still here by the end of the season, I'll stop drinking it all together and write to them explaining why :wink:

So are you still boycotting games then ?
  • Options

Stig said:

No way will I drink in Crossbars until he's gone. In fact one of my favourite beers, Pelforth Brun, is brewed by Heineken. If he's still here by the end of the season, I'll stop drinking it all together and write to them explaining why :wink:

I can relate to this. I cancelled my insurance policy with Churchill once they started to sponsor palice.

• Options
    I cancelled my Valley Gold membership with Charlton once I realised Roland was bending us over and shafting us
  • Options

I cancelled my Valley Gold membership with Charlton once I realised Roland was bending us over and shafting us

Cancelled on the 20th January 2014.......................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

I can relate to this. I cancelled my insurance policy with Churchill once they started to sponsor palice.

If Roland goes I'm boycotting till little legs stops going
  • Options
    Crossbars is dead easy on a matchday, my kids can sit and chat / play / eat and I can watch the football on the TV.....it's a lot busier this season than previously
  • Options
    if the q wasnt as long would of popped in but instead went round to the royal oak which was dead.
  • Options
    I was one of those queuing. I had totally forgotten about the offer until in the queue. Feel after a 700 mile round trip its the least I deserved, although the football on show was the real treat.
  • Options

You'd have to pay me to drink Heineken.

Agreed. It's down there with Carling and Fosters. I used to like those little green cans, however
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Scoham said:

According to the CAFC Facebook group anyone from the CARD lot that had a free pint is a hypocrite.

I am one of the CARD lot, have a season ticket but haven't bought anything in the ground for a couple of years now nor took up the free beer option, its a personal decision and I dont care who does what, thats thier choice and I respect that.

what I do know is that even those that have a hatred for CARD, the protests or any 'disgruntled ex employees' connected to CARD, deep down, when they look into their souls agree that Roland is a total Moioncup and needs to be removed from our club, and quickly.
    The thing is se7 here we are saying fans are free to do as they please which I agree with, but last season we had a protest outside the club shop try to put off fans buying in the club shop.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Scoham said:

I am one of the CARD lot, have a season ticket but haven't bought anything in the ground for a couple of years now nor took up the free beer option, its a personal decision and I dont care who does what, thats thier choice and I respect that.

what I do know is that even those that have a hatred for CARD, the protests or any 'disgruntled ex employees' connected to CARD, deep down, when they look into their souls agree that Roland is a total Moioncup and needs to be removed from our club, and quickly.
    The thing is se7 here we are saying fans are free to do as they please which I agree with, but last season we had a protest outside the club shop try to put off fans buying in the club shop.
    Was anyone stopped from going in or abused for doing so?

No, people had a free choice, no one was forced to do anything against their wishes, people still went into the shop.

There was just a protest.

Is that really the worst thing that's happened to the club in the last four years?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Scoham said:

what I do know is that even those that have a hatred for CARD, the protests or any 'disgruntled ex employees' connected to CARD, deep down, when they look into their souls agree that Roland is a total Mooncup and needs to be removed from our club, and quickly.
    So we have this season some from card elite buying stuff yet last season we didn't want fans to buy .
  • Options
    clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Scoham said:

what I do know is that even those that have a hatred for CARD, the protests or any 'disgruntled ex employees' connected to CARD, deep down, when they look into their souls agree that Roland is a total Mooncup and needs to be removed from our club, and quickly.
    So we have this season some from card elite buying stuff yet last season we didn't want fans to buy .
    Don't know who this "CARD elite" are or what they are buying other than tickets.

I think you are reaching to try and score a point and failing.

Roland is the problem, not CARD, not other fans, just Roland.
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    3pts AND a free pint! Life doesn't get any better. Shame I wasn't there to take advantage of the offer...grrrrr!
  • Options

Cancelled on the 20th January 2014.......................
    He'd only just taken over then right?
  • Options

Why would you take something from the club if the owner is hated ? Surely it would have been better to prove a point by telling him to keep it, then Heineken would have asked why fans didn’t take up their offer.

Er no, take the free pint and have a day off.
  • Options

Why would you take something from the club if the owner is hated ? Surely it would have been better to prove a point by telling him to keep it, then Heineken would have asked why fans didn’t take up their offer.

A fair point. If Roland had been in Crossbars I would definitely have told him to keep it :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Carlsberg, Heineken need i say more.

I bet there was plenty of a burping and a farting noises coming out of the valley.
  • Options

clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Scoham said:

Don't know who this "CARD elite" are or what they are buying other than tickets.

Well let's hope Rolands gone soon then Henry.
    Because if I'm to stand alongside CARD in a protest I will need a rulebook.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

clb74 said:

SE7toSG3 said:

Scoham said:

Well let's hope Rolands gone soon then Henry.
    Because if I'm to stand alongside CARD in a protest I will need a rulebook.
    No, you won't as no one is setting any rules other than you.