Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Richard Murray meeting with CAS Trust

124»

Comments

• Options

I’ve told any potential buyer that there is a rift in the club. That there are number of supporters who have boycotted coming to matches.

A number makes it sound like 6 or 7 when it is thousands :smiley:

Can't the perspective owners just do their homework. If they need Murrary to tell them fans have done a boycott due to Roland being shit...then that means they have not researched the business or are unwilling to.

Not into football or just not aware.
  • Options

I’ve told any potential buyer that there is a rift in the club. That there are number of supporters who have boycotted coming to matches.

Sadly I think it’s in the hundreds, not thousands.

Most of those that have given up coming have just lost interest, opposed to sitting at home waiting for a new owner and then change their lives back to going to football every fortnight.

Even some of those that stopped coming in protest have had a couple of years to lose the habit find something else to do with their weekends. They will not be as easy to win back as many think.
    Some won’t but there is always more churn than people understand. And Championship football will bring in thousands more than League One.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Sadly I think it’s in the hundreds, not thousands.

Most of those that have given up coming have just lost interest, opposed to sitting at home waiting for a new owner and then change their lives back to going to football every fortnight.

Even some of those that stopped coming in protest have had a couple of years to lose the habit find something else to do with their weekends. They will not be as easy to win back as many think.
    So we're back to where we were in 1992 and go through the process again - Target 10,000, Target 15,000 , Target 20,000, Target 25,000.

You've seen for your self the power of the fans marketing the Club, Cheap coaches, 'Bring a buddy', buy one ticket get one free. Encouraging and nagging friends and colleagues to come to The Valley in ones or twos or even groups.

We've done it before and can and will do it again.

One thing I can promise you is if the new owners get us back to the Premiership, The Valley will be full and rocking once again.
    I don’t doubt it but, not only does this apply to any and all clubs but there is the small matter of getting promoted by finishing above clubs that have £100m squads and £50m a year wage bills.

It’s a world away from getting in a new owner and, literally, thousands of new fans rocking up.
  • Options

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

so whats the news then? takeover in feb, kai kai in followed by centre forward from wolves - sounds alright to me

Didn’t you hear? No due diligence yet mate
    it gives me no pleasure to advise u that u r definitely a bit dim
    The definition of irony.
    thought your graphs were great
  • Options

The club is actually communicating with supporters.

This is a very welcome change

The club is actually communicating with supporters.

This is a very welcome change

'Communicating' because they wish to avoid a rally/protest is not much to write home about IMHO.
    Not exactly proactive is it. Katrien Meire did the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

so whats the news then? takeover in feb, kai kai in followed by centre forward from wolves - sounds alright to me

Didn’t you hear? No due diligence yet mate
    it gives me no pleasure to advise u that u r definitely a bit dim
    The definition of irony.
    thought your graphs were great
    Couldn't care less what you think they weren't meant for you.