Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

How Do Potential New Owners Pass The Fit And Proper Test?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I thought they did it the same way some websites check with a statement ' I am not a robot' after which you get shown photo's of Streetsigns and cars and have to click certain square's. If you hange the phrase 'I am a fit and proper person' and keep the photo aspect, you have a similar level of control to that which allows some of the current owners of football clubs in the UK to get involved.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

The rules need to be stricter. One look at what RD had done at any other club should have disqualified him.

But that's the point, he hasn't done much at all at Alcorcon, and he's built practically a whole new stadium at STVV and got them competing on the top tier of Belgian football. He also is part of a club that is building a new stand at their stadium and recently got promoted to the 3rd tier from the 4th, and used to own a team that regularly competed at the top of their national league in Standard Liege, whilst producing and selling good players.
    The test won't look at alienated fans etc. as why should it? Football fans are fickle as hell, look at the green and yellow protest that happened at Manure, or the constant crying of Arsenal fans, does that mean those owners would fail the test too?
    If an owner is asset stripping and loading clubs with debt should they really be allowed to buy and continue to own a football club?
    When it comes to loading a club with debt you just have to look at Man U, who were a profit making break even club before the Glaziers bought them on the back of money leveraged against the club.
  • Options
    I still remember Portsmouth having 3 owners in one season. All of them passed a fit and proper person test, even though there was no evidence that any of them had anywhere near the money that Duchatalet has.

And there was Shinawatra at Manchester City. He passed the fit and proper person test. Even though the Thai government were after him. And he had a huge file at Amnesty International...