Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Statbank might be delayed until tomorrow

Just to let those of you know who watch out for this that it might not appear today as this afternoon we have to take our almost 15 year old flat coat retriever Wizard to the vets for what most likely will be to end his life as he is in a lot of pain from cancer and has breathing problems.

I retired 12 years ago and he has been my constant companion while the Lass has been out at work, he has seen me through a misdiagnosis of MND and a correct one of MS, he has been by my side as we walked through the Lake District and has helped me with my gardening exploits. To say I'll miss him is the biggest understatement I can imaging and the Lass and I will find it very difficult but we will remember the many many good times with a lovely hound who probably means even more to us as we don't have a family.

So Lifers please bear with me and think of us at 3pm when we go to the vets.

LL

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear that Lancs - not a nice situation.

Try and keep your chin up mate.

• Options
    Such a sad situation, dear friend , but one we've had to face in the past like many others on here.

Wizard has brought you so much pleasure & in turn has received so much love from you & the Lass.

Shed as many tears as you want for him when the time comes but try to think of all the great years you've had together.

He'll always be with you, in your hearts.

Will be thinking of you all this afternoon.

Jean
    xx
  • Options
    Really sorry to hear that, my thoughts will be with you this afternoon
  • Options
    Sorry to hear about this, always a very difficult decision, will think of you.
  • Options
    That's very sad. Will be thinking of you and your wife @lancashire lad.

You'll always have those wonderful memories to look back on.
  • Options
    Dreadful situation, to find yourself in but whatever the outcome, hope it’s for the best.

Many of us have been in this situation and it’s never easy but at least we do get to make the choice, to help our furry friends.

As you say, remember the good times.
  • Options
    Thoughts are with you LL.
  • Options
    Sorry to read that @lancashire lad

Thoughts are with you and yours.
  • Options
    Best wishes LL. My 3pm trip to the dentist for a filling seems less daunting now.
  • Options
    Stunning boy, I always give mine a extra hug when I hear of someone making that journey. Thinking of you and your family @lancashire lad :(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As a dog owner all my life, you have my deepest sympathies LL. This is one of those cases where Charlton must be put to one side
  • Options
    Thank you all for your kind words, Wizard died at 3.30 this afternoon
    R.I.P.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear Lancs, thinking of you
  • Options
    Run to the Bridge Wizard............... :(
  • Options
    so sorry to hear the news that you have said goodbye to your best friend .Iamsure you will hold on to many happy times together godbless wizard
  • Options
    Sounds like a wonderful companion who'll be dearly missed. All the best to you all
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this Lancs like others have said before we have all been through it, but it does not make it easier. if your not a pet owner its just an animal but us pet owners / dog owners know its the passing of a family member. Think of the joy to help you through.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear this, LL. As a dog fanatic, I know how sad it is. I’m glad you will have so many great memories
  • Options
    It is always with a heavy heart that we take our pets for that final journey, but it is because we don't want to see them suffer that we are able to find it within ourselves to make the decision that is best for them, not us. So sorry to hear you've had to do this today. May your memories of happier times overcome the pain of your loss.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So sad, sorry to hear that.
  • Options
    Gut wrenching and will be for a couple of weeks.
    It gets better mate.

• Options
    I feel for you mate.
  • Options
    So sorry to hear of your loss, lovely looking dog.
  • Options
    I feel for you mate.
  • Options
    Very sorry to hear that. Sad news.
  • Options
    Sleep tight, lovely Wizard .
  • Options
    So sorry to read this LL. Cherish the memories, what a handsome fellow he was.