Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Australian Open 2018

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Fed's to lose now in the Mens
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Fed's to lose now in the Mens

Yes, you would expect a similar scoreline to Wimbledon last year
  • Options
    Wozniaki takes first set and overall looks stronger than Halep.
  • Options
    Three all final set. My Romanian tennis friend used to coach Halep so hope she wins.
  • Options
    4-4 in final set

Both players have been a break up in this final set but broken straighy back.

Seems like neither player wants to win
  • Options
    Wozniacki wins her first major and becomes world number 1
  • Options
    At last a competitive women's final
  • Options
    Get in!!!!! Had to leave the house. Unbearable to watch.
  • Options
    Well done Wozza! Chuffed for you!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Was a fantastic final. One of the best women's finals I can remember watching. Congrats to Wozniacki.

Seven breaks of serve in that last 6-4 set.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great final. Halep looked down & out but looked good until break of play due to a medical time out in the final set helped turn the momentum in Wozniacki’s favour. All those long matches in the earlier rounds did for Halep in the end. Excellent rallies throughout the match. Halep is great player to watch. Excellent match for the final.
  • Options
    Federer cruising so far. Won the first set 6-2
  • Options
    Pushed all the way in the end to 5 sets, but Fed has his 20th grand slam. Incredible achievement for a guy who's now 36.
  • Options
    The greatest tennis player of all time, without a doubt, and one of the greatest athletes of all time.

Amazing achievement.
  • Options
    Roger Federer's the last man standing as Nadal, Djokovic and Murray's bodies succumb to the stress of pushing themselves to the limit. 20 slams at age 36 and may still have a couple more in the locker before the next generation start winning slams.
  • Options
    Tremendous achievement by Federer.

I have to applaud him even though he didn't bother to play against Djokovic when I had tickets for the ATP Final at the O2 in 2014 yet was miraculously fit to play in the Swiss Davis Cup winning team a few days later.

8 Wimbledons 6 Australians 5 US' 1 French.