Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Life Glossary

Comments

• Options
    Wank puffin- see cockwomble
  • Options
    'Doing a Naby' as in 'Famewo's just done a Naby.'
  • Options
    'Doing a Naby' as in 'Famewo's just done a Naby.'
    Not having that. 
  • Options
    Naby hit the ball as sweet as a nut. Yes the Nabster should've made sure the angle was such that the ball had 0% of going in the goal if Philips cocked up.  Remember Robinson on England duty.

Akin Famewo's effort was a gentle flick on the ball which I can't get out of my head.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Nigel - Person whose traits include wearing black hoodies, thumb sucking and relying on Police protection. Full Kit Wanker - See above
    Better delete this one before NAds sees it!
  • Options
    Cock in custard - it’s definitely a thing but I missed it’s genesis and I am scared of looking into it. 
  • Options
    Pratson - the combination of Pratley and Watson in midfield

"I hope we don't play Pratson today"
    "Bowyer's lost the plot, he's playing Pratson"
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Kenneth Williams the ooooh Patron Saint of Charlton Life double entendres (for the younger fans look up the Carry On movies) 

• Options
    I’d love to see the pic count of Williams vs Appleton 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2022
    LLL&BH: an acronym for Charlton Athletic's companion song "Live, love, laugh and be happy". The song typically referenced by a Charlton fan whilst lost in a thousand yard stare.
  • Options
    LLL&BH: and acronym for Charlton Athletic's companion song "Live, love, laugh and be happy". The song typically referenced by a Charlton fan whilst lost in a thousand yard stare.
    Errrrrm……..you Ok chum?
  • Options
    Have we had "Tactically naive" meaning "we lost and I am looking for ways to blame the manager whilst appearing to know better" without saying so.
    Amazingly, no.
  • Options
    "Legs have gone" - a common phrase to describe aging footballers who are slowing up, but one used for a long period of time here exclusively when discussing Johnnie Jackson, whether agreeing or disagreeing with the premise...
  • Options
    "Footballing brain" (usage "he's fast and terrifies defenders, BUT he hasn't got a footballing brain") meaning he made a mistake once when I was watching.
  • Options
    "He's got a great footballing brain. Thank fuck, because his legs have gone" 
  • Options
    Doing a Golfie - a come from behind win. A style of winning much ruminated on by @golfaddick
  • Options
    The Patels/Mr Patel. Unscrupulous, untrustworthy potential buyers of any wares being sold such as Charlton Athletic FC. Originates from house selling Tragicomedy as related by the long suffering @DamoNorthStand’s here: https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/94990/new-house-buying-thread-dec-update-from-damo-p24/p1

Poisoned samosas, stolen measuring tapes and staplers feature heavily in the tale. 
  • Options
    "Highlights".
    On some football fora/forums, the best bits of their last match.
    On Charlton Life, strictly relates only to hair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dog shit: the most used word on CL. Crops up more on CL than the highlights of Cruffs.
  • Options
    Macros car park: Sanctioned location where members of Charlton Life and the wider Charlton community can resolve differences through pugilism.  
  • Options
    Dog shit: the most used word on CL. Crops up more on CL than the highlights of Cruffs.
    Nah. Load of old dog shit.
  • Options
    What’s a promote?
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    What’s a promote?
    It's like the trick question that was on QI, Nobody Knows.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I understand that Makros have installed extra security cameras as a result of a recent significant increase in CL members congregating for full on unsupervised punch ups.
    The club have been informed.
  • Options
    I understand that Macros have installed extra security cameras as a result of a recent significant increase in CL members congregating for full on unsupervised punch ups.
    What’s the first rule of the Makro’s car park, there is no Makro’s car park 
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    What’s a promote?
    Admin award them to you if you do something special either on hear or outside. If you look at your profile you will see the number of likes and lols you have as well as promotes.
  • Options
    “Shinnie” a loanee - convert a loanee into a permanent signing outside the transfer window in order to fit more loanees into your match day squad.
  • Options
    I understand that Makros have installed extra security cameras as a result of a recent significant increase in CL members congregating for full on unsupervised punch ups.

Do you have to bring your own pop corn and are the fights under Queensbury rules ?