Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool Away 27/01/2018 - Roll Call?

I know we haven't been on the greatest form, but just ordered my tickets :) Who else is going? Will be going early and finding somewhere for pre-drinks, probably wont be up to the Fleetwood standard but obviously staying the night and going out in the eve just 2 of us. Anyone else?

Comments

• Me and a group of mates are planning to do the weekend. Definitely 3 of us, could be 7.
  • way back when i had pencilled it in but due to recent form a lot just cant be fucked to go.
  • way back when i had pencilled it in but due to recent form a lot just cant be fucked to go.

Understandable, one i've pencilled in and still going in hope more than anything. At least have a good night out after regardless :)
  • Me +1 New ground for me.
  • edited January 2018
    Yep, hopefully three of us if not defo two and staying over :tongue:
    New ground for me as well, 70+ now, grounds that is not age........yet!
  • RedChaser said:

But you do look it Mr Chaser.
  • RedChaser said:

That's Impressive, Blackpool will be 59 for me I think.
  • RedChaser said:

Oi, you said I was wearing well last month :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I lied.
  • RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I lied.
    Nope, I'm going to put this down to winter blues and a return to work after your return from Brazil :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• I shall be making a rare away game trip to Blackpool. Not been to this ground and also making a bit of a weekend of it with @Fanny Fanackapan, @GlassHalfFull and others :smiley:
  • I shall be making a rare away game trip to Blackpool. Not been to this ground and also making a bit of a weekend of it with @Fanny Fanackapan, @GlassHalfFull and others :smiley:

Pissheads :wink:

It was a new ground for us once but little did we know it would take 40 years to get in.
  • Acab said:

I shall be making a rare away game trip to Blackpool. Not been to this ground and also making a bit of a weekend of it with @Fanny Fanackapan, @GlassHalfFull and others :smiley:

It was a new ground for us once but little did we know it would take 40 years to get in.
    Happy days Stevie happy days
  • birthday treat for my partner staying at blackpool fc hotel and first time in blackpool so really looking forward to it win lose or draw. It is always good to be in a small but vocal away charlton crowd so far from home.
  • On the rattler Friday night, staying until Sunday. Convinced two B’Pool fans to break their 2 year oyston boycott. Will be in the away end on my jacks though.
  • edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

That's Impressive, Blackpool will be 59 for me I think.
    Yeah but you'll beat me, you've got youth on your side @The Red Robin :wink:
  • 3 days before I get paid so will be tight... still tempted though. Only coming from Manchester so I’d be a soft touch if I didn’t.
  • 4 of us going up to Blackpool, although it hardly needs saying that the emphasis will be on a 'cultural', rather than a football trip, as anyone who was at the game on 23 December will attest. Truly one of the worst games of footbalI that I have ever seen.

In terms of pre-match, The 'Pump and Truncheon' looked pretty good, with maybe the the 'Bloomfield Brewhouse' post-match, although it's obviously in the same road as the ground. Other than that, I quite liked the look of the 'Saddle Inn' and 'Bar 19' (turns into a nightclub/music venue) but I started to run out of steam at that point....
  • Sponsored links:

• Blucher said:

4 of us going up to Blackpool, although it hardly needs saying that the emphasis will be on a 'cultural', rather than a football trip, as anyone who was at the game on 23 December will attest. Truly one of the worst games of footbalI that I have ever seen.

In terms of pre-match, The 'Pump and Truncheon' looked pretty good, with maybe the the 'Bloomfield Brewhouse' post-match, although it's obviously in the same road as the ground. Other than that, I quite liked the look of the 'Saddle Inn' and 'Bar 19' (turns into a nightclub/music venue) but I started to run out of steam at that point....

I shall keep an eye on here for pre drinks, so far The Pump and Truncheon it is :) probably aiming to be drinking for 12ish so if there is a happy hour like fleetwood anywhere that would be a bonus
  • Just thought i would remind anybody travelling by train,there is a rail replacement bus service between Preston/Blackpool North/South due to engineering works.
  • edited January 2018
    clive said:

Just thought i would remind anybody travelling by train,there is a rail replacement bus service between Preston/Blackpool North/South due to engineering works.

I'll be driving from Sevenoaks, if people can get to me a couple of spaces if you want to go early with us.
    Edit- Staying overnight so might not help much... but still offer is there
  • I'm going, plus my daughter. Had looked at getting the train, but the replacement bus put me off. I'll be on the club coach instead.
  • Just booked up for this. Going up on the Friday morning, leaving Sunday lunchtime.
  • Dropped out due to the bus replacement, shame.
  • Saw the last 2 games there both 3-0 and stayed in the Travelodge right across the road. Went to Fleetwood this year and going to Blackpool in April for a concert at the opera house, so will probably miss this one, unless the Mrs says were going as she loves the cheezy place Blackpool is. Bit desperate though in Jamuary.

If any of you are near Lytham go into the Taps bar in Henry Street superb choice of real ale at decent prices.

Met Holloway outside there a few years ago, a day after I spoke to him outside Blackpool FC stadium, he asked me whether I was stalking him.
  • Ooops January.
  • Ooops January.

Things were looking a bit sticky for you.