Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half and Half Ski Hats

Comments

• Options

Is this the thing you were thinking of Henry?

Yep, that's them
  • Options
    I can't believe no one has offered their Palace/Millwall hat.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I had the first Charlton/Celtic one. I bought the Charlton one and a Celtic one and got it made up (how tragic and got dogs abuse off a few well known CAFC/Rangers fans ;o) )....I had an all white CAFC one also.

Have been looking for years for the firm who made them or licensed em over here. Everton currently have a decent bobble hat that looks like the old ones.

• Options
    My memory might be playing tricks but I am sure I remember someone at a game in a half & half replica shirt - one half being Charlton & the other half Spurs...
  • Options

Photos from twitter

The St George's makes eight known variations.
  • Options
    ^
    |
    |
    |
    Surprised nobody spotted this. Still got the hat, but sadly not the cat
  • Options
    There was definitely a Charlton/Hearts one.....I remember the white & maroon clearly.

I used to have the Charlton/Celtic one, remember buying it in the club shop at Selhurst near the Sainsburys end.
  • Options
    Hearts makes nine
  • Options
    Oakster said:

My memory might be playing tricks but I am sure I remember someone at a game in a half & half replica shirt - one half being Charlton & the other half Spurs...

Uuurrrrgggggghhhhhhh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone still got one or a photo of themselves wearing one from the 80s
  • Options

Anyone still got one or a photo of themselves wearing one from the 80s

Ain't the kid in the BTTV poster wearing one?
  • Options

DanDavis said:

There was definitely a Charlton/Hearts one.....I remember the white & maroon clearly.

I used to have the Charlton/Celtic one, remember buying it in the club shop at Selhurst near the Sainsburys end.

I would punch a child to get hold of that hat!
    So if I had one for sale?
  • Options
    I think such a hat would sell very well if re introduced. Out of choice I'd go for Charlton / Berwick Rangers.

I still have the Charlton / Celtic hat. I used to live in Maryhill in Glasgow in the late 80s and wore it there, it is a predominantly Celtic supporting area of the city - I once got asked by a local why it was Charlton and not Man United !!??

Also bumped into Paul Elliott on a train to the Middlesbrough cup quarter final at the Valley in the mid noughties and showed it to him and had a good chat about the two teams, he really liked the hat and had a lot of affection for the two clubs.
  • Options

I think such a hat would sell very well if re introduced. Out of choice I'd go for Charlton / Berwick Rangers.

I still have the Charlton / Celtic hat. I used to live in Maryhill in Glasgow in the late 80s and wore it there, it is a predominantly Celtic supporting area of the city - I once got asked by a local why it was Charlton and not Man United !!??

Also bumped into Paul Elliott on a train to the Middlesbrough cup quarter final at the Valley in the mid noughties and showed it to him and had a good chat about the two teams, he really liked the hat and had a lot of affection for the two clubs.

Take a photo of the hat @Dennis_inthelastmin and post it on here
  • Options

DanDavis said:

A child or a hat?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

DanDavis said:

I would buy him and punch him if it meant I got the hat

seriously though, if you have a Hearts/Charlton one, how much do you want for it?
  • Options
    I have a grey one with the Union Jack on it, from the time of the grey admiral away kit, and the red one with the St George on the reverse that has already been seen

The grey one is in a right state from 30 odd years on the garage but the red one has held up ok, apart from a small hole that looks like a cigarette burn. That presumably stopped some halfwit burning my head when we scored once!

The three lions one posted above is superb, would love one of those
  • Options
    I've definitely got a Brazil one knocking around somewhere. Also have one of those red scarfs with the white diamond pattern. Old school. Think my dad got it for me when we played Everton in the fa cup at Selhurst? I also had a flat cap celebrating our trip to Wembley in the full members cup final, although I didn't go to the game! It had a picture of the towers with the legend "Charlton at wembley, where else?". My bro had a Charlton/Celtic hat I think, an all white version and an all grey one too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    YTS1978 said:

I've definitely got a Brazil one knocking around somewhere. Also have one of those red scarfs with the white diamond pattern. Old school. Think my dad got it for me when we played Everton in the fa cup at Selhurst? I also had a flat cap celebrating our trip to Wembley in the full members cup final, although I didn't go to the game! It had a picture of the towers with the legend "Charlton at wembley, where else?". My bro had a Charlton/Celtic hat I think, an all white version and an all grey one too.

Please post some photos @YTS1978

or even better post them to the museum.
  • Options

DanDavis said:

seriously though, if you have a Hearts/Charlton one, how much do you want for it?
    Oi!

: - )
  • Options
    Apologies,I've taken a photo but don't know how to get it onto this thread. Will have to wait until one of the kids pops round and do it for me
  • Options
    @Henry Irving I'll have a root around. Will ask my brother if he still has the hats too.
  • Options
    YTS1978 said:

@Henry Irving I'll have a root around. Will ask my brother if he still has the hats too.

top man
  • Options

DanDavis said:

Sadly I don't, I just wondered how much it would have to be for you to choose to punch a child instead. ;-)
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I've got a red one with the union flag on it.
    Happy to donate to the museum.

Edit- Bought this at Selhurst late 80's.
  • Options
    @Henry Irving I've located the Brazil hat, so will pop it in the post for you
  • Options
    Where can i buy one of these?
    Anyone selling??... apart from the Celtic one, Id rather suck a tramp off than put that on my head.