Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend 3 - 1 Charlton - Player Marks

edited December 2017 in General Charlton
Marks out of 10 please

Amos
Dijksteel
Da Silva
Sarr
Konsa
Kashi
Aribo
Holmes
Reeves
KAG
Magennis
Lennon

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Amos - 5
    Dijksteel - 4
    DaSilva - 5
    Sarr - 5
    Konsa - 5
    Kashi - 3
    Aribo - 5
    Holmes - 6
    Reeves - 6
    Kag - 4
    Magennis - 4
    Lennon - 5
  • Options

Amos: 6
    Dijksteel: 4.5
    Da Silva 5
    Sarr 4
    Konsa 5
    Kashi 3
    Aribo 5

Holmes 6
    Reeves 5.5
    KAG 5

Magennis 4

Subs

Lennon 7

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Amos-4 Nice f****** kicking
    Dijksteel-6.5 MOM I actually thought he stuck into a few tackles quite well and didn't get bullied off the ball
    DaSilva-5 Meh
    Sarr-4 Didn't seem to want to touch the ball, seemed to annoy Amos because of it
    Konsa-5 He did ok
    Kashi-3 Think he kicked up one long ball
    Aribo-6 Made a few good runs
    Holmes-5 Yeah he's fast and makes good move but his selfishness frustrates me. There were a few times where if he had looked up, he could have found KAG in the box, instead took it on himself. It's a team game Ricky
    Reeves-5 Fine goal, his set pieces need work
    KAG-5 A couple chances, could have scored in the 2nd half
    Magennis-4 Tried jumping over everyone and gave away too many fouls because of it. Clumsy today
    Lennon-5 Did ok for what I did see of him
  • Options
    Amos 5.5 not so commanding
    Dijksteel 5 got rinsed by their left side and made dreadful error for 3rd goal
    Da Silva 6 did ok down the left
    Sarr 6 wasn't the problem today
    Konsa 5 think he got outjumped for the opening goal and lost it plenty
    Kashi 4 hell's happened to him
    Aribo 5 not much happened for him
    Holmes 5.5 did well occasionally but awful delivery and kept sodding shooting when he was never going to score
    Reeves 6.5 MOM everything good looked like happening through him
    KAG 4 urrrrrgh
    Magennis 5.5 got an assist, i guess that's something
    Lennon 6 proper english centre back, loves a foul, loves assisting their 3rd goal with a poor clearing header (i think), actually didn't look *too* bad but isn't the answer imo

these are p much the worst marks i've ever handed out i think? jesus
  • Options
    Amos 5 didn't run his area at all
    Dijksteel 5 Think he was at fault for the 3rd, looked out of his depth at times, but others looked good!
    Da Silva 6.5 did OK not a lot wrong
    Sarr 5 looked a liability a few times, considering his size he should be more commanding
    Konsa 5 average at CB, Lennon 2nd half was much better
    Kashi 3 he's given up, doesn't want to be here, expect to hear of changing room bust ups.
    Aribo 5 average
    Holmes 5 someone teach him when to pass and not shoot, i.e. when you are within 2ft of the byline.
    Reeves 6 cool finish, but still not sure where his role within the team is.
    KAG 4 ho hum.......
    Magennis 4, for his size he does;t win enough balls, when he does he invariably gives away a foul, poor for a while now. He's making Novak look quality.......
    Lennon 6.5 did OK when he came on, more than one of our attacking stages came from him picking out a decent pass.
  • Options
    Amos: 6* - Because of the camera angle and quality it was hard for me to tell how much he was at fault for their second, but it didn't look good. I reserve the right to change rating after seeing the replays of the goals.

Dijksteel: 6.5 - All of their attacks came down his side and he battled two good wingers for this level and two good center forwards. All of my issues with him were his positioning. At times he got too tight, at times he got too narrow. He looked his best, and I don't think this is a coincidence, when he stepped into the midfield, broke up play, and looked to distribute. I am looking forward to seeing him play in his natural defensive midfield position.,

Da Silva: 7.5 - How many of their attacks came down his side? Not many. When the ball turns over he tries to put pressure on it.

Sarr: 7 - An extra half point for playing on his weaker side in the second half with a 20-year-old defensive midfielder at right back next to him and still looking decent. That said I can already feel the scapegoatism coming on to him.

Konsa: 6 - Looked like he got outjumped for their first and then struggled to get in the game in the second half. Had his usual 2-3 bursting runs through midfield. Not his day.

Kashi: 5 - Suspect he might have been rushed back too soon. He wasn't good, and he wasn't helped by a shit pitch that kept tearing up and the fact that Southend basically played lump it forward to bipass the midfield then press our defense in the first half.

Aribo: 6 - Struggled to get in the game.

Holmes: 5.5 - There's a reason he's not playing at a higher level. Okay, there are 2-3, the first two being his crossing is erratic and he's not quite quick enough. But the third, and the one on display today, was his decision making. Passing is always the last thing he looks to do, after trying to take his man on, trying to work a shot, then sometimes trying to take his man on again, then looks to get rid of it. As a result attacking move that he helps to create lose momentum and/or break down.

Reeves: 7 - Everything good came when he got his foot on the ball in the final third. Took his goal well. The problem is getting him the ball in the final third.

KAG: 6.5 - Thought he did *alright* leading the line. But his head seemed to drop after that miss. Still an improvement on his form earlier in the season. I want to see his miss again, was hard to see on the camera angle.

Magennis: 6.5 - He actually won his fair share of headers today and often at least tried to direct them to teammates. He gives away a lot of fouls though. Something Best did that I really liked was when he knew he couldn't win the ball he'd turn and face the defender and look for seconds. If Josh could learn that it would be a huge help.

Lennon: 5 - Harry Lennon is summed up for me by his booking. Inside the opposition half, the ball goes to feet of Simon Cox who has his back to the (60 yards away) opposition goal and Lennon tries to run through him, getting himself booked. It was a combination of being overly aggressive and getting sucked out of position.

• Options
    Amos 6
    Dijksteel 6
    Da Silva 7
    Sarr 5
    Konsa 5
    Kashi 4
    Aribo 6
    Holmes 6
    Reeves 6
    KAG 6
    Magennis 5.5
    Lennon 6
  • Options
    Amos 6
    Dijksteel 7.5
    Da Silva 6.5
    Sarr 2
    Konsa 5
    Kashi 6
    Aribo 6
    Holmes 6.5
    Reeves 6
    KAG 6
    Magennis 5
    Lennon 7
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Marks out of 10 please

Amos 6 - did ok
    Dijksteel 6 - not as good as last Saturday & don't think he's a RB
    Da Silva 7 - steady as ever
    Sarr 5.5 - like a proverbial curates egg
    Konsa 5.5 - slowly being dragged down to League 1 level
    Kashi 4 - obviously not fit & gave away the ball as usual
    Aribo 6.5 - one of the better players on show
    Holmes 7.5 - best players by far - no point of him passing to anyone else as they will only f**k it up. Do it yourself son.
    Reeves 6 - better than of late. Still a prat even if he did score a decent goal.
    KAG 6 - at least he tried
    Magennis 4.5 - Scottish League 1 is his level
    Lennon 6 - should start when fully fit.

• Options
    Amos 5
    Dijksteel 6
    Da Silva 6.5
    Sarr 5
    Konsa 7.5 MoM for playing two positions.
    Kashi 3
    Aribo 5.5
    Holmes 6
    Reeves 6 (gets an extra one for the goal)
    KAG 5
    Magennis 5
    Lennon 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Amos 6
    Dijksteel 7.5
    Da Silva 6.5
    Sarr 2
    Konsa 5
    Kashi 6
    Aribo 6
    Holmes 6.5
    Reeves 6
    KAG 6
    Magennis 5
    Lennon 7

Ridiculous scapegoating. The rest of the team were much worse than that and Sarr was much better.
  • Options
    I mean, you give Dijksteel 7.5. Watch the video. He fucks up for TWO of the goals. He showed some neat footwork and pace at times but he fucked up twice. Sarr wasn't at fault for any of the goals, however.

Goal 1: Dijksteel cackhandedly shoulders a high deflected shot towards his own goal, Konsa could head it over the bar for a corner but decides he wants an assist instead

Goal 2: Aribo loses his man, Amos a bit slow to get across

Goal 3: Dijksteel somehow misses the ball and lets his man get to the byline, JDS beaten in the air (as you'd expect), then Lennon decides that hey, Ezri's had an assist, I'd better get myself one as well. Meanwhile, Konsa himself is slow to follow in Cox

Sarr maybe could have anticipated the first goal a bit better but really who's going to anticipate two of your own team heading/shouldering the ball in completely the wrong direction? Apart from that he maybe misplaced one pass and missed one header. 2 out of 10? Come the fuck on.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I mean, you give Dijksteel 7.5. Watch the video. He fucks up for TWO of the goals. He showed some neat footwork and pace at times but he fucked up twice. Sarr wasn't at fault for any of the goals, however.

Goal 1: Dijksteel cackhandedly shoulders a high deflected shot towards his own goal, Konsa could head it over the bar for a corner but decides he wants an assist instead

Goal 2: Aribo loses his man, Amos a bit slow to get across

Goal 3: Dijksteel somehow misses the ball and lets his man get to the byline, JDS beaten in the air (as you'd expect), then Lennon decides that hey, Ezri's had an assist, I'd better get myself one as well. Meanwhile, Konsa himself is slow to follow in Cox

Sarr maybe could have anticipated the first goal a bit better but really who's going to anticipate two of your own team heading/shouldering the ball in completely the wrong direction? Apart from that he maybe misplaced one pass and missed one header. 2 out of 10? Come the fuck on.

You love Sarr
  • Options
    I love facts
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I love facts

You aren't offering facts, but opinions. We are all desperate for Sarr to be good, but you seem blinded to his ineptitude
  • Options
    I'll admit he had a really bad game at Wimbledon in the cup, but I really don't think he's had any shockers aside from that, this season

Sorry for ruining this thread as usual, but I couldn't hold back after seeing that set of marks
  • Options
    Amos 6.5
    Dijksteel 7
    Da Silva 6
    Sarr 5
    Konsa 5.5
    Kashi 5
    Aribo 5.5
    Holmes 8
    Reeves 7
    KAG 5
    Magennis 5
    Lennon 6
  • Options
    Leuth - I’ve flagged you as you keep including lengthy remarks on this thread when you know there is the post match thread for such remarks.
  • Options
    0 to each and every player . - 10 to our fake manager .
  • Options
    Amos 6 - got some stick but dont think he could do much about either goals, needs to command area more
    Dijksteel 4.5, seems harsh but was struggling especially first half
    Da Silva 6.5 did well going forward dont think sid much wrong.
    Sarr 5.5- very poor first half not as commanding in the air and on the ball not comfortable today. Off day like everyone really
    Konsa 5- personally looked worse then sarr, lacked any leadership today
    Kashi- 5 another poor show possibly not fully fit?
    Aribo 5.5 cant think of him contributing much furst half and a bystander
    Holmes 7- only one trying anything first half and our main threat, but teams know this so gets failed or marked out
    Reeves- 6 not a winger doesnt close enough and when he does he doesnt put a foot in. Got the goal and looks ok on the ball personally think we need to play him CAM
    KAG 6, lightweight, a bit of effort but pretty much invisible first half. Needs a loan
    Magennis 5, would be lower but 2nd half actually won a couple of headers and got more involved. Not a main striker, lazy, feel if he isnt in the mood he just doesnt bother
    Lennon 7, solid when came on and we looked alot better with him at the back. More leadership and had more shape.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos 6
    Dijksteel 3
    Da Silva 4
    Sarr 3
    Konsa 4
    Kashi 3
    Aribo 4
    Holmes 5
    Reeves 5
    KAG 3
    Magennis 3
    Lennon 5
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Oops posted wrong thread see post match views

• Options

Oops posted wrong thread see post match views

Wrong thread mate.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

se9addick said:

Amos 6
    Dijksteel 7.5
    Da Silva 6.5
    Sarr 2
    Konsa 5
    Kashi 6
    Aribo 6
    Holmes 6.5
    Reeves 6
    KAG 6
    Magennis 5
    Lennon 7

Ridiculous scapegoating. The rest of the team were much worse than that and Sarr was much better.
    Fair enough, I've been to a couple of matches and I think I'm a fairly fair marker, pipe down.
  • Options
    Amos 6
    Dijksteel 3
    Da Silva 5
    Sarr 4
    Konsa 2.5
    Kashi 2
    Aribo 5
    Holmes 6
    Reeves 5
    KAG 3
    Magennis 4