Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Seasons greetings to Roland

Hope you have had a good Christmas. Thanks for all your help and support at Charlton.

Did you watch the game today?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Belgium t**t
  • Options
    Am struggling to contain what I really want to say.
  • Options

Chris & Sue Parkes.......how on earth can you continue to stand by this abysmal set up.......words fail me, it’s completely illogical!

free tickets, free food - free everything, that’s why.
  • Options

Chris & Sue Parkes.......how on earth can you continue to stand by this abysmal set up.......words fail me, it’s completely illogical!

Job plus pension rights?
  • Options
    It's the Season of goodwill, now Roland, f* do right off you cnut !!!!!!
  • Options
    I hate to say it, but time for CARD to pull another stunt - maybe the Oldham game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In this season of good will to all men, fuck off and die and do it now
  • Options

1StevieG said:

Am struggling to contain what I really want to say.

I love you Sue? But I can no longer see you unless you tell Chris what we do in the bedroom with Vol-Au-Vents.
    Bleurgh.....
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Job plus pension rights?
    In reply to your second part of that sentence, you would be very very surprised to know what the actual truth is regarding that!
  • Options

free tickets, free food - free everything, that’s why.
    Ricky......as club secretary he is perfectly entitled to them for both himself and the wife.
    It’s the same at every club mate.........as indignant as you and others may feel about it.
    Not that in this instance I like the idea of their ‘perks’ as you rightly point out...but it is what it is I’m afraid.
  • Options
    Roland's dancing that 3-1 defeat off.

It's Christmas
  • Options
    edited December 2017

From the comments of hers that I've read on Facebook over the last year or two it seems to come down to:

1. Him being the only buyer when the club were close to not being able to pay staff.

2. He's worth over a billion and will ensure the bills are paid.

3. He's upgrading the training ground and academy which will help secure the clubs future.

4. Grass isn't always greener/be careful what you wish for - the next owner could be worse and not do the above.

When someone is thinking along those lines what happens on the pitch isn't the number one priority.

All those things are understandable although there's no guarantee he'd pay the bills forever or complete the training ground work.

What is the point of a professional football club if your aim is to Meirely survive by selling players and giving people a nice day out??Premier League football isn't being demanded, just a reasonable level of ambition to match most clubs of our size.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I hate to say it, but time for CARD to pull another stunt - maybe the Oldham game?

I wouldn't hate to say it at all. This club is an absolute mess. Things will not get better until we have an owner who cares. Today's performance was absolutely appalling, and yet would be hard pressed from the fan's reaction to know that we didn't like Duchatelet. In previous seasons, Card have been the fans vanguard; they have led us brilliantly - everything they have done has been superb. Sadly, I think Card seem to have been a bit blindsided this season. A good early start seems to have hampered their ability to get people protesting. Now's the time to step up to the plate, Card. We need you more than ever. Roland out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

Chris Parkes - because he is (despite being a genuine Charlton man and beloved of Henry Irving) a bean counter of the first order - i.e. the leccy bills are paid whatever else happens on or off the field - plus, after decades in the same job, he has a future retirement package and a pension to consider. Think Civil Servant - does the job to best of his ability whoever is in power or pulling the strings.

Sue Parkes - because by dint of her undeserved access to the Charlton heirarcy she was able to attach herself to a woman of power whom in other circumstances is unlikely to have given her the time of day.
    In the best traditions of a doting servant (Downton Abbey style) she has unwaveringly supported Katrien Meire and attacked her critics irrespective of whether some, if not all, of those criticisms levelled were justified.

Even Richard Murray gave up sitting next to Katrien. Not so the loyal and sycophantic Ms Parkes who would no doubt go so far as to offer to take a bullet for her young designer-clad better.