Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jake Forster-Caskey (Out For Season?)

Dr Kish mentioning that his injury is worse than first feared and therefore he could miss the remainder of the season.

Comments

• Options
    Great...
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:

If true, a massive massive blow!

I actually think he has been our stand out performer this season, extremely under rated!

Agreed.

It's worth reading the story. It's kind of a tack on at the end where he says the injury is worse than expected and JFC might be out for the season. I'm hoping it's just speculation as he is irreplaceable at this level and so much of what we do is because of him, his technical ability, his work rate, etc.
  • Options
    Konsa could be a decent replacement but if he is sold we will be left short in another important position
  • Options
    Bollox
  • Options
    http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201712&date=20171225&time=0241

"One DK source has revealed that Jake Forster-Caskey's injury is worse than was originally thought, ‎and the midfielder could even miss the rest of the season. Hopefully, that will not be the case."
  • Options

http://www.cafcpicks.com/cgi-bin/drkish/display.pl?month=201712&date=20171225&time=0241

"One DK source has revealed that Jake Forster-Caskey's injury is worse than was originally thought, ‎and the midfielder could even miss the rest of the season. Hopefully, that will not be the case."

What is worrying is DK is rarely wrong...
  • Options
    Let's hope he's wrong, Donkey Kong.
  • Options
    So it's gone from a minor injury to potentially missing the rest of the season? Seems to be happening far too often, do we actually have a medical team?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another season gone
  • Options
    Just before Christmas I heard through a friend that his injury was worse than feared but there was no definitive recovery time as yet.

A shame as he had really got his head screwed back on. Which, incidentally, I believe a certain maverick striker leaving helped contribute too.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    This would be a massive blow. Would sum up or last few weeks perfectly
  • Options
    “We’ve learned from our mistakes”
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Back in 2 weeks according to the News Shopper.
  • Options
    Back in 2 weeks but should be 3 weeks so will get a worse injury being rushed back?
  • Options
    CafcSteve said:

Dr Kish mentioning that his injury is worse than first feared and therefore he could miss the remainder of the season.

Back in 2 weeks according to the News Shopper.

To be fair, the way we're playing at the moment our season will be over in a couple of weeks, so both could be right!! :neutral:
  • Options
    The Patent Roland duct tape approach to running a football club- never providing enough to buy decent non injury prone players.
  • Options
    Maybe a January offer so wrapping him in cotton wool?
  • Options
    Charlton expect most of their crocked players to recover in a fortnight.

Valley chief Karl Robinson is hopeful Jason Pearce, Patrick Bauer, Chris Solly, Jake Forster-Caskey, Leon Best and Mark Marshall will be ready for a first-team recall.

The Liverpudlian told News Shopper: “They’re all 10 days to two weeks away. Tariqe Fosu is only two and a half weeks away.

“But then they've got to play games to get themselves [match] fit.

“Don’t just think they’re going to come back and hit the road where they left off. There’s a lot of miles to catch up.

“You get dealt these hands in football, it’s not about how much you moan about them, it’s how much you deal with the circumstances right here and right now.”

Bauer could make a return against league leaders Wigan on Friday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Valley chief Karl Robinson is hopeful Jason Pearce, Patrick Bauer, Chris Solly, Jake Forster-Caskey, Leon Best and Mark Marshall will be ready for a first-team recall.

The Liverpudlian told News Shopper: “They’re all 10 days to two weeks away. Tariqe Fosu is only two and a half weeks away.

“Don’t just think they’re going to come back and hit the road where they left off. There’s a lot of miles to catch up.

“You get dealt these hands in football, it’s not about how much you moan about them, it’s how much you deal with the circumstances right here and right now.”

Brilliant. Apart from Kashi I think we've missed Bauer the most. Hopefully the JFC stuff was a false alarm.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

Brilliant. Apart from Kashi I think we've missed Bauer the most. Hopefully the JFC stuff was a false alarm.
    I think we've missed Bauer the most , by far. Kashi hasn't played well for some time
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

I think we've missed Bauer the most , by far. Kashi hasn't played well for some time
    I think that's harsh on Kashi. I thought he was good against Scunny. He's just been less consistent than he was at the start of the season. But Bauer was on pace to be our POTY I felt until he got hurt.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

wmcf123 said:

SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

I think that's harsh on Kashi. I thought he was good against Scunny. He's just been less consistent than he was at the start of the season. But Bauer was on pace to be our POTY I felt until he got hurt.
    So there's been some stellar performances lately to knock him down that list/off pace? Is that what you're saying?
  • Options
    The role Kashi plays in this formation is 80% needless. Dropping back to edge of box every time to pick a ball up off a CH or keeper only to pass it to another CH or RB and make the pitch smaller. Absolutely pointless. No wonder it's easy for other sides attackers to close us down and put us under pressure as we make the pitch far smaller than it should be in our own half.
    When Kashi is out JFC done it so it's not just the player it's the role they have been asked to play. However Kashis decision making is shite at times for me and cost us points and breaks down our play more than the opposition.

My opinion only of course.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

The role Kashi plays in this formation is 80% needless. Dropping back to edge of box every time to pick a ball up off a CH or keeper only to pass it to another CH or RB and make the pitch smaller. Absolutely pointless. No wonder it's easy for other sides attackers to close us down and put us under pressure as we make the pitch far smaller than it should be in our own half.
    When Kashi is out JFC done it so it's not just the player it's the role they have been asked to play. However Kashis decision making is shite at times for me and cost us points and breaks down our play more than the opposition.

My opinion only of course.

Agree 100%. I’m hoping he was carrying an injury / not fully fit agaisnt Southend. Because if he wasn’t, his performance was one of the worst I’ve seen for a long time.