Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Christmas from the Charlton Athletic Museum

On behalf of the museum trustees, Mick Everett, Paul Baker, Ian Wallis, Nick Tondeur, Stuart Binns, Clive Harris and Ben Hayes, we'd like to thank all the volunteers who've helped us this year, all the fans who donated money or items, those who bought items like the Who posters or signed photos, the many who visited and anyone who helped us in any one of a hundred different ways. We couldn't thrive in the way we have without the support of the fans.

The museum goes from strength to strength. This year we have:

- Achieved Registered Charity status

- Electronically copied all the club's board minutes from 1921 to 1983

- Celebrated the third anniversary of our opening

- Held our back to the Valley celebration on 5 December

- Acquired dozens of new items including a winners's medal from the club first ever competitive season 1906/07 (and we're awaiting delivery of another "first" item but more of that later).

From all the trustees a happy Christmas and a prosperous new year to all Addicks

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
  • Options
    Very nice @nth london addick

We'd be happy to look after them.

We'd even display them (not the palace one obviously) if we had some nice antique desk top cabinets to put them in. Let us know if you hear of any going spare
  • Options
    Ha ha ha they will be with you in the new year now we have finally Moved to our new premises
  • Options

Ha ha ha they will be with you in the new year now we have finally Moved to our new premises

Remember to bring something plaques with your logo on them so we can put them on the display.

We've got that @JamesSeed nagging us to display his grandfather's stuff so we need the cabinets.

Speak to you after Christmas.
  • Options

Remember to bring something plaques with your logo on them so we can put them on the display.

We've got that @JamesSeed nagging us to display his grandfather's stuff so we need the cabinets.

Nagging you to give it back more likely!

PS Is that Jimmy Seed driving the tractor?
  • Options
    I have loads of pics old ones I want you guys to look through and keep safe as well

• Options
    Really clear signature there of your grandad @JamesSeed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps the club would not be in the mess we are in now if Duchatelet and squirrel face had talked to fans(like from the museum), from the start.

But they knew best.
  • Options

from my visit on the 5th it seems what you really, really need is more space

• Options
    Merry christmas to the museum as well and thanks for all the work you put in to preserve history.
  • Options
    Well done folks :-)
  • Options
    Happy Christmas to you all.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Wonderful work, guys.

At a time when our owners dismiss the past it is even more important to protect the heritage that defines our values, struggles, and victories on and off the pitch, and that cements us as the greatest football club in the country.

Without the past we have no future.
  • Options
    'Tis the season of good will to all men, women and those who don't identify with either in the binary classification.

A very merry Christmas and a happy New Year to all those at the Museum who've given us something to be proud of in these times of trials and tribulations for us Addicks.
  • Options
    Well done to everyone involved and Happy Christmas to you and your families....great picture of the Valley of my childhood in the snow while Im sitting here in 37C sunshine....happy days!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to all at the Museum! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all.
  • Options
    I heard a whisper yesterday that our excellent museum has recently made a very special acquisition.
  • Options
    Merry Christmas and thanks for all the incredible work and dedication
  • Options
    Happy Christmas to all involved.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I heard a whisper yesterday that our excellent museum has recently made a very special acquisition.

We have @seth plum and we're expecting you, for obvious reasons, to fund it.
  • Options

from my visit on the 5th it seems what you really, really need is more space

We need more storage space but we also need more display space which more cabinets will give us.
  • Options

I have loads of pics old ones I want you guys to look through and keep safe as well

Bring them along with the cabinets @nth london addick : - )
  • Options

seth plum said:

You haven’t gazumped me again have you?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

seth plum said:

No, even earlier and even more important. And very much more than £5!
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

seth plum said:

No, even earlier and even more important. And very much more than £5!
    Even more important than a letter about halibut oil?! Can’t wait!