Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crisis

13»

Comments

• Options
    Have signed up for the first time this year.

Couldn’t commit to the number of shifts needed at a centre during Christmas week as am going to be away for a few days, so am instead going to be doing a couple of shifts in the catering warehouse (also in Bermondsey).

Went for an induction there in the week and it was empty, but apparently it will start to be looking very different when I’m there for the first shift next weekend.
  • Options
    Is it true to say recruitment starts 5 months back?
    Have donated a place this year, but in future years will likely be  better placed to get involved.
  • Options
    That time of year again. Homelessness no better, sadly, predictably.. here's the link for those who can donate or want to find out more-

https://www.crisis.org.uk/get-involved/reserve-a-place-at-crisis-at-christmas/

Well done to those giving up their time to help with this. 

I have donated for two spaces. It’s not much in the great scheme of things - but like to think it will bring some cheer to a couple of people. 
  • Options
    Well done all for giving up your time, a worthwhile cause.  I'm not doing it this year, but my sister is.  I will definitely step back into it next year.

As before, it would be good to hear from those who are doing it, your stories etc.  Especially you @AllLeftFoot, I hope you get a tremendous amount from it and bless you for giving up your time