Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    “Every injury we've got, it’s been through something different, it’s not because of training or the pitches. All our injuries have been to some of our main players.”
    Robinson basically saying it's down to bad luck. This sounds like it was but there's got to be more to it than that?
  • Options
    Did he have to play last Saturday? I know Konsa and Sarr haven't been brilliant the last few games but another one rushed back.
  • Options
    It's ok we've got Lennon fig again...........,at the moment :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited December 2017

We are rushing them back because we’re short.

Wouldn’t be a problem if they took notice of the the 1st question on the CL checklist - ‘how tall is he ?’
  • Options
    Ffs. Catching up with the takeover thread cheered me up this morning. This has just sent me back into being pissed off with having to trek into work this close to Christmas on a late running ram packed South eastern train.
  • Options
    Bring your boots, gentlemen, you might get a game on Saturday.
  • Options
    We’re cursed, I tell thee.
  • Options
    Posted this in the Clarke thread without seeing this one being started, so more relevant here.

Pearce is now out and having a scan on his knee to see what the damage is.

This just gets worse and worse...

I believe the team that started the first game of the season looked like:
    Amos
    Solly Bauer Pearce Dasilva
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Novak

Now, Bauer, Pearce, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Clarke, Holmes are all injured. Novak left at the end of August. Solly's knee is still being managed. Dasilva's competition has been out for practically a year.

What other club, especially in League One, is going to have success when essentially the team you put out on the first day of the season, is completely different to the team you put out just before Christmas?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    Is Blackburn officially our worst result ever? Not only did we lose 2-0 to the only team we had a chance of finishing above to gain automatic promotion BUT we also ended up with our most influential player this year being injured for the season and Forster-Caskey and Pearce picking up injuries that will see them out for 'weeks'.

The outcome of 90 mins football doesn't get much worse than that!

Happy Christmas!
  • Options
    small squad and yes fake pitches immediately spring to mind
  • Options
    Clarke injury he twisted his knee in the turf at Blackburn that's just unlucky.
    Pearce and Bauer and Kashi have had quite a few injuries during their time here.

JFC and Holmes sounds like they'll only miss a few weeks. I think it's just bad luck this happens just before Xmas when we have more games than usual.
  • Options
    razil said:

small squad and yes fake pitches immediately spring to mind

It’s because they are super fit these days and don’t have the padding and protection that a bit of fat and a body’s reserves can bring to the equation of riding tackles, infection and recovery. These guys get kicked or a knock and they probably instantly know it. We all get a knock and wonder where the bruise came from a few days later.
  • Options

Clarke injury he twisted his knee in the turf at Blackburn that's just unlucky.
    Pearce and Bauer and Kashi have had quite a few injuries during their time here.

JFC and Holmes sounds like they'll only miss a few weeks. I think it's just bad luck this happens just before Xmas when we have more games than usual.

Holmes out until the transfer window opens ;-))

• Options
    Apparently Solly has just been injured in training as well!
  • Options
    PS note the diamond formation
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    cabbles said:

Sage said:

Posted this in the Clarke thread without seeing this one being started, so more relevant here.

Amos
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Novak

Now, Bauer, Pearce, Kashi, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Clarke, Holmes are all injured. Novak left at the end of August. Solly's knee is still being managed. Dasilva's competition has been out for practically a year.

What other club, especially in League One, is going to have success when essentially the team you put out on the first day of the season, is completely different to the team you put out just before Christmas?!
    The team by the end of the season

Thuram

Nego Sarr Onyewu Da Silva

Le Point

Bulot Holmes

Jackson

Magennis Magennis
    Yes hopefully see the return of YTU, Nego and Onyewu :wink::wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Team for Saturday could be interesting.

Amos

Dijksteel Konsa Sarr Dasilva

Reeves (a revolutionary one man midfield)

Best Magennis
  • Options
    Amos

Solly Konsa Lennon Sarr

Dijksteel Aribo

KAG Reeves Da Silva

Magennis

Philips, Barnes, Best, RHF, Lapsie, Taylor-Maloney, Dodoo
  • Options
    Thanks, I also forgot about Marshall, difficult to do that with how well he's been performing.

• Options

cabbles said:

Sage said:

Amos
    Kashi Forster-Caskey
    Fosu Clarke Holmes
    Novak

The team by the end of the season

Thuram

Nego Sarr Onyewu Da Silva

Le Point

Bulot Holmes

Jackson

Magennis Magennis
    Yes hopefully see the return of YTU, Nego and Onyewu :wink::wink:
    What about Anal Kok? The player not the fetish.
  • Options
    Unbelievable, Jeff !

There's a curse, I tell ye !

Either that or everyone wants out......
  • Options
    Team I think I'll put in my Preview will be the below... Cant see Dijksteel and Aribo starting together

Amos
    Solly | Konsa | Sarr | Dasilva
    Aribo | Jackson
    Magennis | Reeves | Marshall
    Best
  • Options
    Says Solly has picked up an injury above.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

In which case I'd put Dijksteel at Right-Back
  • Options
    Same old shit, mistakes have be learnt blah blah blah. injury crisis 3 seasons on a trot. Players get injured, but squad is always too small, so rush the good injured players back to then get injured again. All so boring and predictable. Bring in some shit journey men in January who also havent played in ages to then get injured who are then also rushed back too early then repeat zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options

iaitch said:

In which case I'd put Dijksteel at Right-Back
    No need to test the water mate it's the eleven who can still walk :wink: