Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why Ownership Matters - Joint Statement from Blackburn and Charlton Supporters Trusts

Comments

• Options
    good people at Blackburn Trust,and a big membership, although the long battle with the chicken people has taken its toll on people on the board.
  • Options
    Good statement.
  • Options
    Thanks, oh wait, you mean the op....
  • Options

"A decade ago Charlton Athletic and Blackburn Rovers were playing each other in the Premier League. A crowd of 23,423 were at The Valley to see Charlton win 1-0 in December 2006 ...."

On the once magical day of 5th December, if I remember.
    Wasn't that game Les Reed's only win as Charlton manager?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

"A decade ago Charlton Athletic and Blackburn Rovers were playing each other in the Premier League. A crowd of 23,423 were at The Valley to see Charlton win 1-0 in December 2006 ...."

On the once magical day of 5th December, if I remember.
    Wasn't that game Les Reed's only win as Charlton manager?

El Kak free kick wasn't it?
  • Options

"....... the time has come to move on and to hand the club over to someone who will put not only their money but also their heart and soul into the club".

That's what British football is all about, Roland.

Heart and soul.

• Options
    Applaud that statement made by both Trusts & echo its sentiments with knobs on.

I also received the latest copy of CAS Trust news this morning and what a great read it is !

Excellent interview with Steve Avory & amongst other articles, an update on all things Olympic Stadium wise from our very own Prague Addick.

However, there was one piece on the situation at our neighbours, Leyton Orient, made me check the date ....Surely I didn't sleep through Xmas and wake up on 1st April ???

Allegedly, the club was bought by a long term fan, NIGEL Travis, who formed a consortium called EAGLE Investments.

And finally, Travis is the CEO of the Dunkin Brands Group, best known for their Dunkin DOUGHNUTS !

Surely not !

:-)

• Options

I also received the latest copy of CAS Trust news this morning and what a great read it is !

Excellent interview with Steve Avory & amongst other articles, an update on all things Olympic Stadium wise from our very own Prague Addick.

However, there was one piece on the situation at our neighbours, Leyton Orient, made me check the date ....Surely I didn't sleep through Xmas and wake up on 1st April ???

Allegedly, the club was bought by a long term fan, NIGEL Travis, who formed a consortium called EAGLE Investments.

And finally, Travis is the CEO of the Dunkin Brands Group, best known for their Dunkin DOUGHNUTS !

Surely not !

got an O's fan at work who pops down to a local shop every week and buys some Dunkin Doughnuts to show support to the owner. Only for herself mind, sod the rest of her colleagues !!

• Options

Surely not !

got an O's fan at work who pops down to a local shop every week and buys some Dunkin Doughnuts to show support to the owner. Only for herself mind, sod the rest of her colleagues !!

Surely not !

By the powers of extra sensory perception, an image of the lady has just popped into my head. I'm right, aren't I?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It hits on it a little in their statement but it's coming hugely noticeable to me (even on threads like this) that a huge wave of apathy has set in.

Dangerous times, but being realistic probably inevitable
  • Options
    edited December 2017

It hits on it a little in their statement but it's coming hugely noticeable to me (even on threads like this) that a huge wave of apathy has set in.

Dangerous times, but being realistic probably inevitable

I agree, though I wonder how much of that has to do with the fact that it's clear the club is up for sale and some negotiations are taking place. I think CARD's political party idea is brilliant. But something I feel like CARD is really clever about is knowing that you can't fight this regime with huge public displays week in and week out, or they start to lose their novelty and the risk of apathy sets in.

There are so, so many people who have done such brilliant work in pushing Roland to the point where he is clearly willing to sell the club, if not actively hocking it. But unfortunately a sale requires two parties, and we're at that impasse where we can't make someone buy the club. Look at Newcastle and how long they've been for sale (I know it's on again off again), and given they've been in the Premier League most of that time you'd imagine they'd be a good prospect.